/bst/ battlestations

Old one is dead.

Attached: bst.jpg (3840x2160, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/pM3qshI.png
youtube.com/watch?v=qkmp0dByzVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>meme ray tube display

Attached: 79B1B333-E76A-4955-B76C-E39F980303CA.jpg (4032x3024, 2.1M)

so you wasted a perfectly good crt monitor just to link it up to your chinkpad?

Attached: IMG_0552.jpg (2592x1728, 1.65M)

Not him, but my X60s did pretty well on a 1080p Dell monitor.

When someone’s paying you to do homework, you make things happen.

Are you using only that chinkpad as main computer?

It never ceases to amaze me how upset the glorious tubes make people.

Nah, it's a temporary setup at my parents house while I had to stay there for a bit. Flat is so small at the moment I can't fit the desk or monitor there.
That said, Core2duos still do more than a good enough job, and the laptop dock has an eGPU

>Core2duos
These are still great processors. I'm shitposting from a similar one (Athon XII) and have an X61 too.

It's a T60/61p?

>widescreen crt
enjoy it while you still can, those things are mostly on their last legs unless somehow you got them new

It's not a wide one, it's a bigger 4:3

T400 with maxed out specs. Very nice in every way but the screen, which though a fine res at 1440x900 sucks otherwise.

It's 16:10

Truth be told, the sharpness could be better and the colour uniformity isn't perfect any more, but it's still appreciably better than any other other display I've ever seen.

Attached: 24826079_2070066943221672_828822605_o.jpg (2048x1536, 375K)

>black setup
>audiophile colored walls.

Must have a spiced aroma.

Same with mine. I don't expect it to last more than 2 years and I sure as hell hope micro-LED monitors become a thing by then or else I'll be stuck with a 720p TV.

>It never ceases to amaze me how upset the glorious tubes make people.
i just find it retarded that youre using it with a fucking thinkpad.

i miss my fw900

Attached: 2017-11-29 18.41.26s.jpg (2000x1125, 289K)

I set myself up a comfy corner.
Side note: The iMac has been gutted and is now acting as a display for the G4 MDD. No Intel here.

Attached: DSC03532.jpg (4592x3056, 3.81M)

very comfy, but why?

Attached: 192.jpg (1920x1282, 493K)

Attached: DCIM0512.jpg (1632x1224, 145K)

I don't know. To chill and shitpost, I guess. Maybe for editing some videos too, it's been quite a while since my last upload. I also thought it was about time to have a proper desktop setup, since I've been doing everything on an iBook for the last four months or so.

Newest update. New speakers and monitor mount comes in on Wednesday.

Attached: IMG_20180326_175657_220.jpg (3392x3072, 1.42M)

really nice

Nice filter. Set a better mood from last post and really enjoy the warm glow.

What lights are the remote for?

I have RGB bulbs in the lamps on either end of my desk. Makes it easier to turn them on and I can dim them whenever.

I went crazy for a bit there and now Ive gone full circle and just removed all the rgb lights except these bulbs.

Working makes me tired.

Attached: _hello_darkness.jpg (4288x2848, 1.87M)

Its been a while...

Attached: 20180325_182651.jpg (2560x1440, 1.33M)

That’s Cool and convenient. At least you’re satisfied. Definitely want to get into that myself.

Wood wrist wrest would drive me crazy, but then again I have moderately severe arthritis so all hard surfaces make me wince

Thad, is that you? are you out of jail then?

I like the setup other than the white desk. White desks have always gone to shit the quickest for me because of how easy wear and tear shows up on them

Dim the monitor brightness a little and get warm/orage ambient lighting behind the screens and you're set

>Am I missing something with the redundant audio monitors? or are the top/bottom sets hooked up for different devices?

Attached: bs_updated.jpg (1632x918, 400K)

Am I missing something with the redundant audio monitors? or are the top/bottom sets hooked up for different devices?

for

previous thread >

There is only one set there. Monitors with headphones on top m8.

For the wood palm rest, it's just asthetics. I don't do much on this PC at the moment to notice a difference but remembered getting wrist burn back some years ago playing TF2

The boxes you had your headphones on looked like a smaller set of speakers, but I got you

If you're getting friction or sore wrists, just spend the cheap cash and getting something comfortable

Attached: wrist.jpg (700x276, 48K)

Howdy Sup Forums. Been a little while.

- Looks solid. Speakers seem like overkill for the space, but that's probably just me.
- Outstanding. Really really like this. Could possibly use some cable management, but it's not too noticeable.
- I used to have a Samsung CRT back in the day, and I miss it.
- OK, but poor picture quality (like I should talk though).
- Looks like you're still putting the room together?
- Solid comfy corner. Not a big fan of macs in general, but if it works for you!
- Not my style, but even so very nicely put together and quality furnishings. Good job user!
- A classic!
- Poor picture quality, but looks nice. I like that three-monitor wallpaper quite a lot!
- Clean and simple. Nice blackout curtain.
- Solid. How do you like your Rift? I binged on mine when I first got it, but hardly use it anymore. :/
- I like everything that's going on here, but your desk seems too small for the equipment you have on it.

Attached: BS 3-26-18.jpg (2750x2750, 3.35M)

I want to use my rift more often but i just can't find the time lately. So it sits.

Thanks for appreciating my setup(the one with the self healing mat).

Now your setup is really encompasses my ideal room I wanted to achieve. Very laid back and warm tones. The classic thing that gets me is the bookshelves. And the PC setup isn't overboard either. Nice. Simple, like an actual person uses it which I like.

Awesome setup Tai Lopez

Tai Lopez is a shitsucking fuckwad who buys his video backdrops from booksbythefoot.com.

Anyone else get tired of sitting at their desk all day? I'm seeing a therapist tomorrow.

Attached: purp.jpg (3264x2448, 1.3M)

Kinda. Have several hands on projects that actually keep me occupied, but still need to get out.

If that's all you do, it can get tough - it's important to get up every now and then, and go for a walk or something. Good luck, user. Hopefully the therapist can help. You might want to look consider looking into cognitive behavior therapy as well, or consider asking the anons over in /lit/ about suggestions on how different life philosophies (I have personally found Stoicism to be helpful).

i'm a /fit/izen

>Anyone else get tired of sitting at their desk all day?
I worked a job for a couple months, the whole time my manager and boss were amazed by my stamina.

>tfw couldn't tell them I would masturbate all day until I was tired, building up my stamina over 4 years

Was it 2d only or did you sink to gross 3dpd?

>shotacon$ yaoi$ tanlines$
my pinch hitter

more CRT action please. I use a 109B6 Philips crt (have 3 of them other 2 in storage)

Attached: Culture.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Attached: 20180222_160826.jpg (4424x3318, 3.07M)

sup

Attached: 20180327_104618.jpg (5312x2988, 3.89M)

From Russia with love

What are these things under your speakers?
>that angle between monitors
triggered
Too dark
This chair costs more than 1000$ and have this material which will be dirty and ugly in a few months... It already looks dirty in this pic
What are these headphones on the mat? Looks sexy. Nice setup btw
Your cables make me scream
slav/10

Attached: cbst.jpg (3992x1440, 1004K)

>Your cables make me scream
But if you're sitting at the desk you don't even see them.

Good luck with cleaning your carpet under the desk every week

>slav/10

Sekai is better.

Attached: WP_20180327_003.jpg (2592x1456, 1.34M)

Has anyone ever had one of these in their setups?

Attached: Sony_oled.jpg (1024x768, 535K)

A man of fine taste.

Attached: IMG_20180317_201448.jpg (4208x2368, 2.78M)

What is that thing on your wall, and where do I get one ?

Here is mine.

Attached: c3TLdfi.jpg (5120x3840, 1.93M)

Glorious crt master race

Attached: DSC_6875.jpg (3840x2160, 1.63M)

why are you using crt monitors?

Headphones on the mat are hifiman he400i

Attached: newstation.jpg (1000x750, 392K)

Attached: 1521201102733.jpg (552x690, 22K)

what's the rear view mirror for?

>"battle" station
>rig

post yours

To see behind me? People like to come in unannounced and not say anything for minutes untilI become aware.

you haven't changed your door knob to a locking one?

why don't you just tell them to knock?

True colors, real black, lots of possible resolutions, high refresh rates and no input lag. Only OLED displays have as good if not even better colors but not affordable and only 60 hz. IPS led monitors are affordable with not as good but better colors than other led tech but 5 ms input lag.

So CRT seems to be the best deal for me especially since you can get them for free, running both of my Crts at 100hz in 1280 x 960 res. Max resolution i tried is something around 3200 x 2500 60hz.

This may all sound pretty autistic, possibly is, but that's why i like them

fags

Attached: IMG_6879.jpg (2592x1728, 1.85M)

Ok, it locks. I just need a sense of awareness when I’m occupied on the PC. Usually do not lock my door til I sleep.

>real black
this meme again. look at the colour of the screen when it's turned off, this is the best "black" it can produce.

I wish i could believe you

Attached: wsd.jpg (3968x2976, 2.78M)

Get your fucking door fixed already

When I cover my desktop in a completely black Image it looks like it's turned off. I've tried a lot of monitors so far and crt black looks the best to me personally. Of course there's some Crts that got a shitty black ( have another crt that displays black with a blue tint when turned on, probably broken or just shit) but usually you just have to tweak it a bit.

>When I cover my desktop in a completely black Image it looks like it's turned off.
yes, you absolute brainlet, but the colour of the monitor when it's turned off is most likely nowhere near as black as a what a modern lcd can produce.

By the way you're partially right though, if there's light shining at the crt it will of course brighten the black too. So best solution is to play with as less light shining at it as possible.

See my answer below, it depends on the light in the room / shining at it

student dorm setup
speccy; i.imgur.com/pM3qshI.png
plz rate, don't bulli

Attached: desk.jpg (5120x3840, 902K)

under any normal lighting conditions the lcd will have better black levels and only when using it in a completely until room will the crt outperform it.

am acelasi monitor

I can't confirm this, only when light was shining directly at it so far. Maybe my room is just dark enough for it to produce them neat blacks, I don't think a lot of us play/do shit at their PC with the blinds wide open anyways. But even if, I think the RGB colors are still superior

>no numpad
but how do you play dwarf fortress?

Excuse terrible quality.

Attached: IMG_4303.jpg (3264x2448, 1.72M)

don't need the numpad,.. ;)

How are you holding up boys?

Attached: depressedstation.jpg (2016x1512, 306K)

Why Grey filter

youtube.com/watch?v=qkmp0dByzVw

probably to hide his insecurities.

its not much more exciting with color.

Attached: shitstation.jpg (2016x1512, 321K)

But it doesn't look as boring as a grey filter

>bright
i took this photo with flash

Attached: file - Copy.jpg (1052x1919, 523K)

Something about this pic or setup looks very japanese. I think it's the floor tiles

southern Europe is big on tile also.

Attached: IMG_5210.jpg (4032x3024, 2.66M)