Why does my PC start up on its own randomly even after I shut it down?

Why does my PC start up on its own randomly even after I shut it down?

Just gets to the login screen and sits there until it goes into sleep mode, so I don't seem to think anything malicious is happening but what the fuck?

Attached: hackerman.jpg (2121x1414, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eightforums.com/threads/power-options-add-or-remove-allow-wake-timers.50074/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mine too. Not all the time but it comes and goes... randomly staring up 5-15 seconds after I shutdown.

I wouldn't know. I don't really shut down.
Why do you?

Attached: Untitled.png (1002x883, 536K)

Faulty powerbutton, or someone is using Intel ME vulnerability.

I don't know, just habit. Is there something bad about doing that I should know about?

quads

PCs last longer if you keep them running.
You also seed more.

This is all true. PCs last longer if they’re left always on or always off, because of contractions and expansions when cooled (off) and heated (on) straining the board and components and solder joints etc. However turning the pc off for 8 hours a day every day has significant power savings on your electric bill also, that probably offset the cost of replacing a couple components every 5-7 years or so.
Nice. Also, dubs, and you should check the wire from your power switch to your motherboard for kinks in the cable, and to ensure it’s not plugged into your reset s/w on accident. Make sure you’ve disabled hybrid sleep and hibernation if you’re on windows, if you’re actually just sleeping the PC or hibernating it instead.
I’ve experienced fuckery of similar nature in the past and it was the cable for the power switch being kinked and strained in the case and got damaged. I tried and failed to solder the cable back to the power button itself again but didn’t fix anything, and I ended up buying a whole new case

>dubs
Fuck I thought I knew what I was doing here but the dubs was the thread number not my post number. Why did I forget how Sup Forums works?

nice quads.
And no, don't worry about turning it off. Some people leave it on all the time, some people turn it off every night. It's gonna be fine.

This solder expansion contraction rumour is true but it's also over-touted just because it's so fucking simply to grasp. I'm tired AF of seeing it and it's highly situational and fairly rare. Limited lifespan of capacitors kills most complex hardware for non-power-users (miners and other constant-users)(especially in temperate climates without air-con). I wish you kids would take your age 11 geography science knowledge and stfu.

OP I have the same problem as does my girlfriend. The problem is windows and scheduled events which are able to wake PC for total shutdown. There are some guides to removing events and other potential fixes if you take 5 minutes to google it.
That said, the fact that this is a problem is -fucking- pathetic. Windows is utterly unbelievable in its garbage design and oversights, ever since 7. Windows fuck ups have cost me hardware, time, projects and money for other reasons.

if you are using windows it's because shutdown doesn't actually shutdown your computer. It puts it into a sleep where it can still download updates and other shit. If you want to shut it down open an admin command prompt and issue this command: shutdown /s

scheduled windows updates

/thread

you didn't, those are indeed quads
sounds like they fucked up remembering Sup Forums terms though, kek

trips have spoken, kek

Check the scheduler or disable it.

Some PC service guy told me sleeping mode fucks the HDD over time

Wake on Lan? Maybe turn off your network card being able to turn on the PC in properties.

WakeOnLAN?

Attached: 1522117296757.jpg (735x797, 194K)

Such waste of quads.

>go bios
>go power management
>disable wake on lan, wake by pci, wake by rtc etc
>if problem persists, check scheduler in windows

It happens to me but it is usually when windows 7 wants to update and restart. After restarts the notebook stays on which sucks because of the heat at the bottom of the notebook.

eightforums.com/threads/power-options-add-or-remove-allow-wake-timers.50074/

holy shit I can't believe I'm on Sup Forums
So much bullshit in this thread

hold shift while clicking on restart, open trouble shooting, advanced, start options and disable the automatic reboot on system error