LG GRAM

how come no one ever suggests this laptop?
quick specs

Attached: large_zoom03.jpg (1600x940, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.lenovo.com/ca/en/solutions/pd015812
lg.com/us/laptops/lg-13Z980-UAAW5U1-ultra-slim-laptop
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/new-xps-13/spd/xps-13-9370-laptop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>$1000

I got an acer swift 3 with very similar specs, (same cpu, ram, more storage, usb c) for about $750 which is cheaper than this laptop. I guess it would be more expensive for the build quality, I GUESS.

I've used one in person and it was shiny. I'd shill it, but am under the firm conviction that all laptops are shit.

Attached: 8-inch-floppy.jpg (430x319, 14K)

You'd have to provide the exact model number, but all the ones I'm seeing have a significantly worse screen, weigh twice as much, and have a battery 2/3 as large.

plus
>acer

Price too high for a no-upgrades throwaway shitbook.

user I really don't have words to convey my disappointment with your small-headed illiteracy

Expensive, no ethernet port, no VGA output, battery not easily removable, no docking station, chicklet keyboard. Why would I want one?

>muh VGA output in the year of our lord 2018
really?? lol.

also here's your dock

Attached: USB3DOCKH2DP.B.jpg (600x600, 30K)

I have a $400 laptop. why do I need a fancy laptop?

I see this shilled so hard by so many Youtube reviewers, that's enough to make me not want it.

16:9 retardation

If you already have one and are happy with it, you don't need one. That simple.

>expensive
by what metric?
>No ethernet
usb-c
>no vga output
get the fuck out
>battery not easily removable
I understand the utility of hot-swappable batteries but user this isn't 2009 anymore, no one makes laptops like that.
More practically, it's an enormous battery. if 14 honest hours of work isn't enough to get you through the day, then get an external battery pack to charge the thing.
>no docking station
usb-c/thunderbolt
>chicklet keyboard
oh come on user its not a new fucking macbook, it's a fine keyboard

I know you're one of those autistic thinkpad devotees and if it were 2010, I'd be with you.
But I'm not going to cling to an ancient processor and 1366x768 practically monochrome tn panel in anno domini 2018.

It depends on your usecase
so you might not, I don't know.
The point I am clearly trying to make here is that it's good value for the money for a lot of people on this board.

USB graphics out is liquid ass. And people use VGA to give presentations because a lot of places haven't thrown gobs of money at replacing perfectly good but old projectors in all the conference rooms yet.

VGA output is for people who work or play games on a display that's actually good at playing them. Not wanting analog output ia tantamount to admitting youre underage

OK, captain contrarian.

>>muh VGA output in the year of our lord 2018
I want to be able to walk into a conference room in any hotel, plug my laptop into the projector and press 1 key to get it going, without worrying about adapters or any of that shit. I don't want to carry around a second box to have functionality that should be built into my laptop

Thanks for this post. 15c has been added to your account towards your new LG product.

You know that USB c display is a replacement for minidp, right? Its literally displayport, dingus

>by what metric?
A grand is pretty high for a laptop, especially when it doesn't have an i7, 16 GB RAM and a dedicated GPU.
>usb-c
That isn't ethernet.
>I understand the utility of hot-swappable batteries but user this isn't 2009 anymore, no one makes laptops like that.
>More practically, it's an enormous battery. if 14 honest hours of work isn't enough to get you through the day, then get an external battery pack to charge the thing.
The big deal isn't that they're swappable. It's that it's simple to change it when the retarded thermal design of the machine inevitably cooks it and your 14 hours turns into more like 5.

This thread just goes to show how fucking retarded Sup Forums is. LG makes an amazing product and instead of listing any alternative, you just shit on it because it's not your cum encrusted shitpad or fagbook pro.

>>expensive
>by what metric?
it costs twice what i paid for my main laptop 3 years ago and wouldn't be as good
>>No ethernet
>usb-c
fuck carrying around adapters, I want things built in
>>no vga output
>get the fuck out
fuck carrying around adapters, I want things built in
>>battery not easily removable
>I understand the utility of hot-swappable batteries but user this isn't 2009 anymore, no one makes laptops like that.
>More practically, it's an enormous battery. if 14 honest hours of work isn't enough to get you through the day, then get an external battery pack to charge the thing.
Its not just being able to swap batteries for more life, its also to save headache in the future when the battery needs to be replaced
>>no docking station
>usb-c/thunderbolt
Close enough, not the same as a sit on top docking station imo, but it would work
>>chicklet keyboard
>oh come on user its not a new fucking macbook, it's a fine keyboard
I have never seen a good chicklet keyboard and I doubt I ever will

That dock isn't displayport-over-USB-C to regular displayport. It's a USB C to USB 3.0 cable connecting to a normal USB 3.0 device. That's going to be a device containing a crappy unaccelerated framebuffer device.

No, we complain because $1000 is high for an i5 and 8 GB RAM in 2018.

Timmy, come off the computer, I paid Hot Poc... oh your busy having a shitty opinion and then defending said shitty opinion on the internet for attention? It's OK. You'll grow out of the contrarian phase once you aren't underage.

You come here to shill a pretty standard lightweight laptop and then complain that people don't want one, even though it doesn't have the features they want and it costs too much

Thanks for this post. 15c has been added to your account towards your new LG product.

Then configure it with more ram, if not, stop bitching. There's going to be a cost when you miniaturize products, so if you were expecting a GTX 1080 with 32 GB's of ram out of this, you're sadly mistaken.

Oh yeah fuck that

What more features do you need out of a thin and light laptop?

I already told you, I want an ethernet port built in, VGA output, and a removable battery, and I want it either to cost less or come with more memory and a better cpu for that price

Ok gramps.
Instead of parroting what every Thinkneet says, try working in an actual place. They all are HDMI supported, there hasn't been VGA garbage in about a decade.

An ethernet port so I don't need dongles to plug it in at work
A lower price

No u. Not everywhere has the IT budget to throw at that upgrade, especially when manglement looks at it and says the projectors all seem to work perfectly well.

I have one and it's amazing you won't be disappointed. It is easily the next Sup Forums approved laptop.

>They all are HDMI supported, there hasn't been VGA garbage in about a decade.
If you're in a newly renovated office, then yeah they probably have hdmi in. The projectors in the shitty rent-a-conference rooms in the hotels for several conferences I've been to didn't have hdmi, and I was glad my laptop did, because most of the other people on my team didn't

>Ethernet port
Nobody uses this, not to mention it'd raise the cost of the device.
>Removable battery
You can remove it.
>Come with more memory
Do you know anything? How would they magically include more ram at the same price point when ram prices are higher then they've ever been?
>Better CPU than an i5
Oh, so you want a fucking free blowjob also?
When you find this magical laptop, that provides you with all these features obscure features, that .1% of consumers use, at 1000$ tell me.

jesus christ this is some weaponized silliness

user what kind of thin and light in the current year has vga
If you do actually work for some backwards japanese consortium that is too stodgy to move beyond floppy-disk windows 95 installs and vga, a dongle is a perfectly acceptable compromise.
Or get a better job jesus christ that sounds awful

Probably going to buy a new mbp honestly, I'm no fan of lg after the 5x crap (I owned one and it was awful), but over the course of this laptop being updated, I've seen nothing but increasingly good reviews.

>a grand is pretty high....
Thats cheap for a premium thin and light, especially one that weighs less than a kilogram
>that isn't ethernet
user if you really need gigabit ethernet all the time for whatever top-secret three letter agency/hyper-fast stock trading/quantum computer server farm rendering bandwith requirements, then this is clearly not even remotely close to the sort of computing segment you should be looking at.
one might similarly criticize it for lack of a gtx 1080 or equivalent, but that'd be off base wouldn't it
802.11 ac is plenty fast
>14 hours turns into more like 5
go check any legitimate reviewer, they're all getting great runtime
I don't know why this is somehow dubious to you

>wouldn't be as good
user this laptop is by any objective measure an excellent competitor and value in the ultrabook market
there is literally no way that whatever you've bought can compete on the basis of the same values (performance, weight, portability) from 3 years ago at half the price.
This literally and unironically indicates that you are unable to understand viewpoints different than your own, which is a hallmark of autism spectrum disorders.
Your continued insistence on the inclusion of obsolete display standards and outright phobic rejection of a by all means normal keyboard construction does not dissuade me in this regard.

Whatever you say, LARPing NEETs.

Thanks for this post. 23c has been added to your account towards your new LG product.

my only gripe is no TB3

>802.11 ac is plenty fast
Yeah maybe if you're sitting 2 feet from the router

Attached: ha.png (679x427, 14K)

>>Ethernet port
>Nobody uses this, not to mention it'd raise the cost of the device.
What? Is this a troll? To get on the intranet in my company you have to use ethernet, and that's not an uncommon setup. Also, ethernet is cheap as hell, even a $35 raspi comes with an ethernet port
>Do you know anything? How would they magically include more ram at the same price point when ram prices are higher then they've ever been?
They're charging $1k for this thing, they could afford to stick 16G in there
>When you find this magical laptop, that provides you with all these features obscure features, that .1% of consumers use, at 1000$ tell me.
I already have 1, its an x220 i paid $450 for

Why bother when there's the Macbook Pro?

Attached: mbp13-gray-select-201610.jpg (452x420, 44K)

>Nobody uses this, not to mention it'd raise the cost of the device.
I bought a shitty $200 slim laptop. Somehow they still found room in the device and the budget for an ethernet port. They aren't that pricey.

Some people don't like replacing a $1000 machine when a bit of dust falls on the keyboard.

additionally, the battery is quite able to be replaced, along with the ram and ssd
I wish you luck when the x220s are no longer able to handle modern computing requirements at any level, and may god have mercy upon your aspie soul

the moniker is meaningless, an i5 can be anything
in this case it's a very capable quad core cpu, I don't see anything to complain about.
additionally, is very correct

hdmi dude

15 inch model has it, but It's pretty spendy

no quad core
no ports
keyboard/trackpad gives me aids
looking forward to updates though
you silly troll

holy hell these thinkpad autists

the X220 has a shitty 760p screen, is not only ugly as shit but multitudes thicker and heavier then the gram, has a much worse CPU, doesn't have USB C and also retailed for just 200$ less than the gram. Great comparison.
support.lenovo.com/ca/en/solutions/pd015812

Its thin and light enough I don't notice it in my backpack, past that I don't care about thinness. It has a 2640M, which isn't that great compared to 8th gen intel, but is still capable of everything I need it to do without any trouble, and for the price was fine. I don't own a single device that has usb c or a usb c cable and really just don't care. I don't really care what the msrp was either, I bought in on ebay

Free replacements from Apple.

>shill so desperate for a sale that he compares the Gram to a 7 year old laptop.
>still fails to meet the needs of user

So what the fuck is your argument? It's literally a worse laptop in every single way, shape and or form except that it has an ethernet port? Not to mention your comparing a laptop at it's retail price to another's second-hand price and even at that, the more expensive one still ends up being a better value? ThinkPad autists are just the worst. It's a shitty little cheap laptop, don't try to make it what it isn't.

because this Sup Forums is littered with poorfags

>I NEED A FLOPPY DISK IN MY LAPTOPS! IF YOU DONT HAVE A FLOP DISK DRIVE IN YOUR LAPTOPS THAN IT'S SHIT!
Great argument, now you can invalidate any product you like because it doesn't carry a shitty feature that .1% of consumers will actually use.

does your place of employment not understand how to configure a mesh network?

>It's good enough for me, therefore good enough for everyone

user this is seriously autism
If you like your thinkpad then good for you
but to disregard the potential usecases of literally everyone else just because it works for you would be sufficient grounds for a significant portion of an autism diagnosis in a medical setting.

Well then leave this board and go market it to people who want what your shill masters are selling. If you're going to market it to people who need an ethernet port, you'd better put an ethernet port if you want to make the sale.

Well, 3 people have already bought it through the referral link in OP, so no you are the minority gramps.

Majority of people on Sup Forums don't need an ethernet port, a dongle will be more than suffice, it's just that you're a fucking poorfag and want to justify your poorfaggotry by making arguments about ethernet ports.

>it bootloops

You think 3 people makes a majority here?

hello
I'm the op
there's more than one person in this thread arguing for this laptop
I hope you are able to find time in the future take time off from paranoid delusions, and to do things you enjoy and not argue that people shouldn't buy a laptop because you don't need it.

Is it really a referral link?
I just grabbed the cheapest price from some links I saw on the laptop's home page.
lg.com/us/laptops/lg-13Z980-UAAW5U1-ultra-slim-laptop
I just clicked on the where to buy button on the right side

I had a 5x, and it was awful
thankfully their phone team is separate from laptop team afaik
although I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any issues of the sort in any of the reviews i've read

Surprised the XPS 13 hasn't been posted yet.

Attached: dell-xps-13-rose-gold.jpg (1600x900, 577K)

It's not a bad laptop but
coil whine
keyboard (in my opinion) was not nearly as nice as the gram's, mostly due to approaching macbook levels of shallowness
>nosecam
and as per dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/new-xps-13/spd/xps-13-9370-laptop
it costs 200 dollars more for the same processor/ssd/ram
weighs half a pound more
has a 52 whr battery vs the grams 72 whr battery, a 38% increase for the gram
it does have thunderbolt though, which is nice.

bump
This laptop needs all the hype it can get.

I like the idea of these things but the 15W TDP kill them for me, something like a Razer Blade would be a better value.

well yeah it's not really for gaming

Why not shill panasonic lets note instead?
Lightweight
Matte screen that can be used outside in sunshine
Full sized hdmi, vga, sd reader, ethernet and usb ports
Removable battery that can be bought in 2 different sizes
No fingerprint reader for cia nigger
dvd reader (12”+ models)

Attached: image.jpg (450x170, 34K)

its not xps 13

why not just a x270 then? can be 100 bucks cheaper to.

heavier
screen not as nice
chinese botnet so intrusive throughout every level of the company that ublock literally stops the product configurator from loading on my browser

I'm just gonna get an ideapad 120s and put a 1080 IPS panel in it. Only thing is I must make sure the gamut is 72%.