I'm going to keep using windows 7 when it is no longer supported in 2020

Windows 10 cannot compete.

Attached: win7.jpg (779x438, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=3125574
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3020369/april-2015-servicing-stack-update-for-windows-7-and-windows-server-200
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good for you, user. For me, Win7 lacks too much functionality to use it over Win10.

going to keep using Win7 till my machine dies

next one is gonna be linux

Attached: win10 spyware.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

Just get Windows 10 LTSB edition, it's even better than Windows 7.

Other than dx12, which nobody uses, what does win10 really have that 7 doesn't

>Install Arch you fucking wincuck.

Ale co mnie to kurwo obchodzi kurwo szmato?

You guys can keep your win blows and crap books... I'm gonna penguin my ass out of here

fucking degenerate

>not funding the development of WINE and ReactOS so you can ditch Windows altogether

Attached: 1503242496282.png (107x131, 7K)

Attached: 1522100707043.jpg (594x307, 35K)

This is so fucking dumb
>to unpack these files, you have to update the OS, lol

Why not just use Linux at that point? The moment they announced dropping Win7 support was the moment I switched to Linux.
It has been an incredible learning experience and I feel disgust at not trying anything new all those years. I also have the luck of having GPU passthrough, so I can still play some gaymes on a Windows 8.1 VM if I really want to.

Because I'd rather use my PC than waste precious free time "learning" it.

I create things that have to run correctly on Windows because that's what everyone is using
Also: Linux has no 3d modeling suite

This
I'll only switch to 10 when all telemetry can be completely disabled

...but it has FreeCAD

oh wait it's shit

Try ShutUp10

WSL. Drivers.

>not having non-shit linux alternatives to windows programs
FOSS sucks.

i have never udated 7 since i installed, i did not get wannacry, or anything else
windows updates are factually bad for you

Attached: 1522102189380.jpg (625x223, 31K)

I updated for VR support. Moving to Linux on a secondary machine I built up soon (current PC will just be used for gaming then)

>I'm a retard

>no 3d modeling suite
it does and wine runs more things than windows compatibility mode

Attached: retart.jpg (598x517, 101K)

"I'd rather stay in prison for life than break out with you guys"
That's some stockholm syndrome if I've seen it.

>t. windows internet defence force

Linux is decentish now, but by 2020, it will most likely be mandatory, given the horrid state that win10 will be.

or
"I think we should stay under king george instead of having a revolution"

But they unironically were better under king george

who needs windows applications. Linux have features and functons integrated. Nowadays, most people are fine with a web-browser, terminal, editor and a file-system. If you are a programmer, a few IDEs as well. Perhaps the biggest reasons not to use Linux beside the learning-curve is adobe, photoshop or gaming. Linux/GNU is also a bit hardware depended, intel and AMD drivers work well. Nvidia cards and drivers are honestly made more for W10 and a gaming platform rather a creator platform.

Depends on what your goal is.
If all you want to do is check your email and browse the web windows is good enough.

windows 8.1 is nice though user, it has performance improvements and better functionality aside from the dumb touchscreen layout thing it has by default.
It does nice things for you automatically, like detect SSDs and configure them properly without you having to fuck around with services, setting flags or whatever.
I stuck with win7 for a long time, but I switched to windows 8 for the performance and I've come to appreciate it a lot

10 is shit though, I agree
when a product is being shoved down customers' throats it's best to stay far away from that "product"

$1 shekel to your Windows shill account.

Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 have a 4GB VRAM allocation limit in DX9. Windows 7 does not have this problem.

>$1 shekel
You must be 18 or older to browse this website.

I use 8.1 and think it's the best option currently, but
>performance improvements
Where? All I noticed is faster bulk file copying.

and by customers I meant to say "customers" (with quotes)
because we all know they make more money forcing "upgrades" and selling your data than they would have made charging $50 per optional win10 upgrade
it's degrading, really

I did not know that but I also do not know of a single dx9 video game that ever used 4gb without some serious fuckery, like ultra hd texture mods or something similar. Though if you need that much vram, it's a valid reason to stick with 7.
Is there a similar limit for dx10+?

I don't recall specifics but I was looking at game benchmarks with various OS's and windows 8 had a marginal framerate advantage over windows 7, with Vista far, far behind both of them.

>s win10 really have that 7 doesn't
Yo gurl's riding dat BIG Win10" inch dong homie

>Is there a similar limit for dx10+?
No, that limit was put in place to push people towards newer versions of dx

Fukkin rekt, thanks user upgrading to W10 now

All tools that claim to disable Windows 10 spying are placebo
They would need firewall functionality to be effictive

I love Windows 7 ! (:

Attached: Untitled (53).jpg (2560x1440, 671K)

Gee Bill, your mom lets you have five internet browsers?

>five internet browsers
?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1440, 933K)

Windows has added new settings to disable it all the crap they got flak for. Telemetry, Cortana, everything. You can also disable updates completely if you want. The new Windows Store shit and sandbox environment aren't going to be forced.

>WSL. Drivers.
You're not even trying.

>Depends on what your goal is.
>If all you want to do is check your email and browse the web windows is good enough.
Exactly what any distro is capable of as well. With the addition of being fool-proof.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA

>linking something from 3 years ago to counter something that exists today
It's a recent change you absolute nitwit.

>You have no idea what you're talking about.
Alright, which drivers are not supposed on Windows 7 specifically? Powershell is also a thing.

>linking something from 3 years ago to counter something that exists today
>It's a recent change you absolute nitwit.
Oh, really? You've singlehandedly been able to subvert and circumvent a multi million dollar investment in a data mining project in your favor?

Attached: PRISM-dates-began.jpg (700x525, 214K)

What are you on about, retard? The settings were added in an update by Microsoft.

Really, so you've tested it and they're totally different than options available from day 1 that did nothing at all?

Windows 7 wouldn't outright stop working or get uninstalled from your machine in 2020, you know? If you are an architect or an audio engineer, Windows is mandatory. But for other non-niche purposes, nothing will change. Let's also not pretend that anyone can prove security updates actually did anything on, given that it's a proprietary operating system.

Can you be specific or are you just going to continue shitposting and vaguely imply you had anything substantial to say to begin with?

How so? Keep this in mind:

I gave specifics in my first post.
>Windows has added new settings to disable it all the crap they got flak for. Telemetry, Cortana, everything. You can also disable updates completely if you want. The new Windows Store shit and sandbox environment aren't going to be forced.

You can completely remove Cortana, disable Windows Update completely (removes access to Windows Store but it doesn't matter), remove Telemetry services and files, and block access from Windows servers. All through the newly added settings.
Yes, through a few different means. In fact, it's held up since around January.

Eh, from personal experience, Win7 won't hook up many older mobile devices without their respective manufacturer drivers - think old Android phones and what's not. The same goes for "that shitty old-ass projector from the conference room".
Also, the range of natively supported hardware for Win7 is pretty bad - clean install virtually always fails to recognize Wi-Fi and Bluetooth cards. Native graphics drivers for Win7 are genuinely unusable, while Win10 ones are perfectly viable for everything bar gaming.
After installing Win10 on several devices of varying age and form-factor, I'd found they no longer require the "motherboard CD", because they have everything required out of the box.

Great, we heard you the first time. Where are those settings? How do you prove telemetry will get disabled most importantly? And how come you of all people managed to defeat Microsoft?

>Powershell is also a thing.
What do you mean by that? Are you implying PowerShell is viable WSL replacement?

You would have to cite some sources for this. It's not as straightforward as that.

>And how come you of all people managed to defeat Microsoft
Nice strawman, but try to use something that I haven't already clearly stated multiple times. Microsoft did it, not me.
>Where are those settings?
In Settings, and through the Group Policy.
>How do you prove telemetry will get disabled most importantly?
Because the services and files are known, and no new files, settings, or services replace the ones that get removed or disabled.

>How do you prove telemetry will get disabled most importantly?
>Because the services and files are known, and no new files, settings, or services replace the ones that get removed or disabled.
Alright, you're just posting gibberish and not any examples or confirmation. I'm glad I've been saging.

What sources? Take an arbitrary PC and try clean-installing either of OS and look what works out of the box.
It is pretty straightforward. Every single Windows version has a more robust and better performing universal driver system than the previous versions. Win10 is no exception. Even its installation expects it to be able to hook up to the Wi-Fi network if one is available, meanwhile, Win7 generally can't run even mainstream wireless cards out of the box. Similarly, it has working universal drivers for shit like fingerprint readers - it's a part of its core functionality (specifically, Windows Hello) now.
Unsurprisingly it translates into the support for connecting ambiguous shit to either OS.

As straightforward as me reformatting my entire hard drive just to test hardware support, instead of you providing some sources on the topic you've already researched and decided to move to Windows 10? Come on.

CAN I SMELL YOUR POONANI?

if you gonna get windows 10 get tracking blocking at router level atleast anything else is just useless

Who cares though?
I have all my driver's on a USB stick ready to go after a format.

Muh dx16

I'm pretty sure the vram limit applies to both vram and ram

Attached: 789978978978.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

Your mother is a faggot

That's why I have a flash drive with sdi update on it.

That's why I said: "for me". I also have drivers stored for all PCs and laptops I've ever owned, except for the current one, because this one had embraced the botnet right from the start, so it doesn't have a non-functional state requiring manual driver installation.
But I appreciate being able to use a wider range of devices - which I quite often have to do on my work - without having to search for their drivers manually.
user, that's why I said "You have no idea what you're talking about" - because you literally have none.
I had openly stated I'm referring my personal experience of using Windows 7 and Windows 10. That experience comes from supporting OS when I was working in a call-center (albeit, back then it was about XP, Vista, and later 7) during my university days; later it was when I worked in a PC repair shop; afterward, it was supporting accounting software in the government organizations while fixing their PC issues; currently, I just code. I have a pretty clear idea what can I expect from either OS.
What's for an "external source" - you are as good as me for googling it. I assume, if you'll find full driver specifications for Win 7 and 10 you might satisfy your curiosity.

Win10 runs like shit on Sandy Bridge, and they've already dropped support for it with the latest update. Will stick with 7 until 2021 likely.

Most people will. Don't worry, you should be fine. If you browse the Internet with NoScript and only download binaries from trusted sources (ie. Steam or GOG), you'll probably never be infected.

Unless those companies pull a Sony and put malware in a game, but that's out of our control.

Ignore telemetry lovers, Windows 7 just works and it'll keep just working.

Attached: god is hot.png (4494x2158, 1.56M)

windows 10 fags be jelly

Attached: win7.png (1150x638, 88K)

Theme?

Mr.Grims Concept Design Pack v0.1

^_^

switched to windows 8.1 permanently about a month ago. with classic shell and some other tweaks, its got the beauty of 7 without all the shit of 10.

Windows 8 and 10 have a 4GB VRAM allocation limit in DX9. Windows 7 doesn't have this problem.

They finally fixed this recently.

Only in build 1709 which is botnet trash.

Nice to see you still have no idea what you're talking about!

When I make a clear w7 sp1 install I get a shitload of updates. More than 300. That's a lot. And I also have to manually install a patch before checking them otherwise windows updates shits itself.

Did Microsoft release a big cumulative update pack maybe to address this?

No, you sucks.

You mean 1709 is any good?

Well, if anything, Fall Creators Update had included the official WSL release, as well as massive overall improvements compared to its beta-state.

Yes.

catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=3125574

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3020369/april-2015-servicing-stack-update-for-windows-7-and-windows-server-200

The lower one first

Here is still a broken mess.

Attached: 1709.gif (959x664, 2.09M)

How about you stop manually fucking up the "Start Menu" folders then? They aren't supposed to be manually edited by people who have no idea what they are doing.
Fix the folders - the search will work perfectly.

Ok. It still doesn't work.

Attached: excel.gif (330x670, 496K)

Did I fucking stutter? Fix the folders. There are multiple folders (system-wide and user-wide) responsible for display and search functionality, the lack of either is entirely your personal fault for manually clearing the folders/fucking up the permissions/doing whatever you did.
The search itself is too simple to "stop working for some shortcuts but not the others".

Excel has nothing to do with any of those folders which you consider "broken" for some reason. If you're wondering, the "!" is not the problem and neither any of the folder permissions since I'm running everyting as administrator.

Oh boy another doze thread.

All windows users should contract the angriest form of asscancer so they can have cancer while they're using cancer.