Hey Sup Forums. General career advice thread. Ask anything related

Hey Sup Forums. General career advice thread. Ask anything related.

Attached: 1519920573730.png (600x360, 151K)

get a job in computer

how do I get a job in computer

Get a job in computer

practice

Certs at minimum, comptia A+ is a good start. If too brainlet for self study go to community college.

What cert is best?

Depends what are you most interested in. There's certs for people doing networking, administration, security, ect.

Recent A+ cert holder here, AMA

Attached: sketch1522161548189.png (1280x720, 250K)

How IT feels being a virgin?

> Ask anything related.
Train or hanging? Dont want to be caught by railroad security.

Pretty good actually. Have 2 cousins that have kids now. Both quit college and live miserable lives working construction at their parent's house paying like $1,000 a month for car/student loans every month on top of having to raise kids.

I have a $1,000 credit card almost maxed out but nothing else in terms of debts/loans/leases. Currently working at a packaging company waiting for my A+ cert to arrive so I can start applying for jobs.

You're in for a bit of a shock

Can't be any worse than the $8/hour I get for packaging shit all day.

Shit. I worked in a wire factory. Got paid 9.50/hour. Worked 60 hours a week too

Nice, I've been in my shithole for about 3 years now and no pay raise. Feels bad man.

Attached: 1521830159820.png (760x400, 381K)

If I were you, Id get some kind of education as soon as possible. That kind of work isnt good for you. It turns you into a drone

Attached: The most powerful man in the world.jpg (537x400, 34K)

No kidding, that's why I got my A+. Now just waiting for the official paper cert to start applying for jobs.

How long does that take? And can I just take an exam for it?

DO YOU USE COMPUTER A LOT
THAT MEAN YOU SHOULD STUDY COMPUTER
GET JOB IN COMPUTER

WHOA MY KIDS A COMPUTER GENIUS HE WAS LIKE LIGHTNING PLUGGING IN OUR FAMILY PC AND SETTING IT ALL UP HE'S GOING TO GO TO COLLEGE AND GET A GREAT IMPORTANT JOB - your dad

IF YOU USE COMPUTER A LOT THAT MEAN YOU SHOULD STUDY COMPUTER

Whats the best job for someone who loves technology and knows a lot about it, but doesn't have the ability to code at a very high level?

A few weeks after you passed both exams. Yeah, it's just 2 exams about an hour long you take at comptia exam centers.

I really recommend, pic related if you're going the self study route. Took me 3 months to start getting more than 70% on practice exams but definitely worth it.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-27-13-10-17.png (720x1280, 265K)

Actually sitting down and thinking about your strengths and weaknesses and lights and dislikes so you don't swallow a Sup Forums meme and spend 6 years of your prime studying something good you hate more and more while being increasingly jealous of what other people study

Learn how to computer

computer tech

bus driver

Currently getting a masters in information systems, so I think I'm on the right path of what I like. Enough tech that I'm happy without having to code for the rest of my life. Not sure about consulting though

Hey can you shoot me user

why

What a load of shit!
Just cause I use it a lot doesn't mean I should study it.

Things I wish I said as a college freshman for $300 Alex?

-Have a well-formatted resume, it'll help yours stand out from the piles of poorly-done shit managers have to deal with

-Being one of the first people to apply for a job definitely helps as well, keep a close on on jobs posted on SimplyHired and Craigslist and don't bother applying at all if you don't within the first day or two of a job opening being posted.

Do haskell jobs exist

ask a data engineer anything, or nothing

Thanks user. Gonna look into it. Going to try to get one before I finish school so I can live on my own

Is Information Systems a bad major?

What looks worse on a resume? Taking a year off work to finish a Master's degree in a reasonable amount of time or taking forever to get a Master's degree?

I liek the new certs better
fug my looks like shit stain 2004 crap

jelly af