Dear summerfags

Dear summerfags,

what are your favorite albums? Do you even listen to full albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

alabamathunderpussyband.bandcamp.com/album/river-city-revival
youtube.com/watch?v=wMKw97TEbYg
youtube.com/watch?v=cVkSF32kK9w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like the "I took a pill in Ibiza" one

Well the music I listen to isn't really based around full albums so no

The board has been pretty shitty this winter/spring, how much lower do you think it'll go this summer?

Dark Side of the Moon
Led Zeppelin (the one with the old guy on the cover)

I'm glad I finally found a place where I can discuss real music with people who actually listen to albums. All the kids at my school talked about was Beyonce and Kanye West. Those no-talent retards can't even play an instrument.

Why not? Can't they cobble together enough good material for an album?

Well sometimes, but it's mostly about singles and EPs since the album format just doesn't serve the music or the listeners well

Maybe it's been equally shitty at all times and it's been you whose been growing out of Sup Forums?

>just doesn't serve the music or the listeners well
Why not?

Well for one it's hard to dj an lp lol

Odd Future

That one is my favorite as well, I listen to it 50 times a day!

Why? You don't know what a turntable is?

Well, you're probably right, but I never really posted here much in comparison to some. Just seems like Sup Forums got mildly more aggressive with the bad posts this year, when i check up on it.

Of course but it's more practical to dj a single than something with 6 tracks a side.

Why?

Lol
Sound quality is lost when you cram multiple tracks on a side of vinyl

I noticed it happen like 3 years ago. it's never gotten better.

>All the kids at my school talked about was Kanye West
xD bad news buddy!!! xD!1!

What's wrong with Beyonce?!?!

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling me or not. But if you're trying to mix a section one song into another that's already playing in a set, the last thing you want to do is waste time going through an LP trying to find a specific track you want

summer fags are a myth

But if the sound is just
>uund tsst uund tsst uund tsst uund tsst
being played in a club, does it matter? The soundquality loss won't be perceived if you are drunk and dancing.
So you only listen to music in a club?

wew lad I bet you think all dance music is just EDM shite don't you?

Nah. It's real.

Is it all released on vinyl only?

>So you only listen to music in a club?
Or music designed for/or functional in club use. Compilations and mixes are the prime modes of listening in that regard.

nah mane

Some releases are, specifically most anything released prior to ~2005. Some releases aren't. Either way, turntables (or at least CDJs) are still the standard for proper DJs. It's a huge part of the culture and has been since the beginning.

Then why is it each summer there is an increase of new tripcodes, anons who are unfamiliar with established Sup Forums jargon, misuse of established Sup Forums jargon, revival of long-dead memes and an influx of memes form other boards?

It's interesting you didn't point out anything music-related but only board-related.

On this post or the other-music related posts I've made in this thread already?

But there isn't user

What is the name of that album?! How am I supposed to know the name if you only post image of it you idiot!??

nah mane

nah mane

nah mane

but mane, nah

No, that always happens. I'm fine with kids being on this board as long as they lurk for long enough to understand how it works around here

>No, that always happens
Each summer? Yes that's what I'm saying.

>41 post
>13 posters

Yep, that's summer faggotry right there.

I like this one.

Does Sup Forums like death metal?

This board (and extension the site) has been since around 2012 when people stopped coming to Sup Forums first and branching out to the other boards meaning all the memesters came to "good" boards like Sup Forums and started posting memes as they thought that's what Sup Forums was leading to more newfriends joining and majority of neo-neo-neo-Sup Forums thinking Sup Forums was for memes and shitposting. It's only worst from here until Sup Forums becomes so mainstream that the memers will be board of it and treat it like the wasted facebook joke they always have been latently treating it as and then (maybe) it can go back to the way it was pre-2010.

I actually remember I was all over this album when I was like 13 haha

I'm going to post my response to the common argument used to say why Summerfags don't exist (the argument of which is incorrect as it references an outdated system also known as "moot speaks about Summerfags"):

"moot has been gone for nearly two years, this post was made four years ago, the traffic has changed since then for one and secondly moot was right traffic didn't increase: it spread disproportionally. You see in ye olde days people used to discover Sup Forums in the next School Semester (September or so) but by next May they would get bored of it and go to other boards like Sup Forums (resulting in phenomena where Sup Forums would be called /um/). This all changed around 2013/4 when people stopped going to Sup Forums as their first board and started on "main boards" to begin with meaning the quality of those boards decreased.

So yes, Summerfags don't exist anymore because 90% of users of each board (with two exceptions) are eternal Summerfags who didn't go through the organic process."

Nice but I've noticed this phenomenon since 2011.

Really 2011 yes but when Sup Forums stopped being seen as the "crazy weird illegal site" and became the "lol so randum twitter maymays" and was getting YouTube videos about made left right and centre in 2012/13 was the real game changers, yes I know there were videos/ news reports about it since 2006 but it didn't catch on in the mainstream media until the 10s.

Stoner rock is always good for summer!

alabamathunderpussyband.bandcamp.com/album/river-city-revival

youtube.com/watch?v=wMKw97TEbYg

It's still seen as that crazy weird illegal site

No it's seen as the "wacky meme site that's dangerous and edgy", bit of a difference. At this point the difference between Sup Forums, tumblr, facebook, 9gag and reddit rely solely on the UI as the userbases (unfortunately) overlap heavily.

Tell that to Reddit. They are still terrified

I have always thought that the lady's head is a potato cut in half.

That's not really true. All my friends that use 9gag, tumblr and reddit shiver whenever I mention I read something on Sup Forums or something like that.

That why it's called IPOTATOES

I know 20 people who use reddit, they're not terrified of this place they just are too lazy to get to know it as they only want memes.

moot phrased it excellently when dealing with the guy who knows KYM:

"Sup Forums is the sausage factory, everyone wants to get the sausage but no one wants to see how it's made your website [sic] aggregate websites have the packaged product which is nice and clean, this is the main difference with Sup Forums and KYM."

To which the KYM guy said "I think we have to agree to disagree".

They certainly have gone on Sup Forums for 10 minutes at a time and don't want people thinking they use "scary 4chinz", not everything that's said IRL is true.

So what you want to say is that reddit is for poeple who want to look at memes, and Sup Forums is for people who make them?

This one's genuine.

That was the case, however with the flux of the new userbase that line has been blurred, hence my statement the userbase overlaps heavily. There are two exceptions to this rule though in terms of two boards.

Can we please address the fact that there's no logical reason why children would be unable to browse Sup Forums during the school year?

>falling for the summerfag myth
Everyone knows the result of abnormally bad posts on Sup Forums year round are Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums

See

>Everyone knows the result of abnormally bad posts on Sup Forums year round are Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums

You know how it's obvious you discovered Sup Forums post-2012?

They are busy with school.

Summerfags are just lurkers who have more time in their lives to post. We all have the same shitty opinions but there's just more of them

I've been here since 2009 but humor me.

>all new people = summerfags
Sorry not everyone was able to discover your super secret anime fanclub website when you did.

So you're telling that doesn't stop them from doing sports, playing video games, hanging out with friends, or going on literally any other site, but it stops them from going on Sup Forums, a site that requires no dedication and you can use as much or as little as you choose?

get a load of this FM radio listening mother fucker and his top40 as fuck listening style

Sup Forums and /fa/ keep getting worse
Sup Forums was never good
/lit/ has ups and downs, stays pretty steady because its far harder to into

Heh, good joke, either you're very sheltered to use the excuse that other boards cause the low-level of posts on Sup Forums or you're lying and I'm going to guess the latter.

the real newfags are the ones who have been here for a year maybe and then talk down on people (irl and on Sup Forums) that don't exclusively listen to full albums

the lack of discussion for single and EP-based genres goes to show how ignorant Sup Forums is to music that actually requires you to do some actual searching and digging for the good stuff

which two boards?

>So you're telling that doesn't stop them from doing sports, playing video games, hanging out with friends, or going on literally any other site, but it stops them from going on Sup Forums, a site that requires no dedication and you can use as much or as little as you choose?

It's a very dated meme, don't take it too seriously. Anyone who unironically believes in it is a legitimate retard.

Check my post again and see the word "abnormally"
No shit this board has bad posts, its been going downhill for the past 7 years (or maybe I'm getting older)

19 yrs old true summefag here.

mostly i listen to what yoou guys recommend, but you know, the popular-ish ones. so i tried ti listened to gy!be but omg it is just way too boring for me. i'm not baiting at all.. i like some listening to full albums once but then i just pick the song from the album which are the best ones for me.

>So you're telling that doesn't stop them from doing sports, playing video games, hanging out with friends, or going on literally any other site
How do you play sports and video games while you are sitting in 9th grade English?

Use your head dummy.

if he told you, that would ruin the fun

>>all new people = summerfags

As that's exactly what I said, yes there is nothing wrong with your deduction. My point was that starting on a main board as your first board and not lurking before hand is the hallmark of someone who will bring a low quality posting to the respective board(s), of course you knew this in your rational and totally not angry post that didn't reflect you as one of these individuals.

>i'm not baiting at all
Yes you are

>mfw I realize I took the b8 from both of you
Music for this feel?

I get all my music info from todd in the shadows

youtube.com/watch?v=cVkSF32kK9w

Gene I love you and all but EPs are albums also.

/jp/ (though this really isn't the case since 2013) and /f/ (again, not really the case since all the YouTube to .swf files overtaking actual flash files).

Abnormally or not, the level of bad posting is internal, the days of crossposting being seen as heresy are long gone.

>An EP (short for extended play) is a musical recording that contains more music than a single, but is usually too short to qualify as a full studio album or LP.

Actually, I would consider the extremely slow boards (like /3/) and on topic boards (like /t/) to be ok so perhaps 5 boards total.

Not all albums = studio album I hope you realise.

Nice goalpost shifting

For reference en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album

"Sometimes shorter albums are referred to as "mini-albums" or EPs"

Not relevant.

Yeah but singles and EP-based genres are distinctly separate from LP-based genres like rock and use the terms "singles" and "EP" to describe the same type of releases (such as a shorter release with a few tracks designed for DJ use)

When you're wrong it isn't, how interesting. Perhaps next time read up on a subject before being proven as a know-nothing.

When was I wrong?
>Perhaps next time read up on a subject before being proven as a know-nothing.
Perhaps read the post I was replying to to understand context before posting.