I'm about to be fired from my remote web development job because I can't keep up with the pace of work due to the...

I'm about to be fired from my remote web development job because I can't keep up with the pace of work due to the company's mismanagement and promising unrealistic deadlines to clients, so I'm thinking of just quitting instead. How difficult will it be to get another remote job today? I haven't been in the job market for over 2 years. I'm a white American if that makes any difference.

Attached: cubicle.jpg (1000x574, 166K)

Don't quit. Stay as long as possible and search for a job as you work.

It's at the point where it's affecting both my mental and physical health. My average sleep has been 4-5 hours every day for the last year or so.

If it's a layoff, hang in there, you'll get that sweet severance package.
If it's a firing, start looking immediately, I guess.
I don't understand why people ever work remote.
Sure there's the convenience factor and the productivity (meme imo), but there's also something to be said for going to an office and working with people face-to-face.
Not just that, but it also gives a great excuse for everything.
Imagine it like this:
>oh shit, we're running out of money
>quick, get rid of someone
>that guy's never in the office, let's just fire him!
Having to deal with people in person let's them know that you're there, working on issues, and they'll know what's up.

It's not a layoff, and I work for a small startup of 5 people, so there's no severance packages or anything like that. The reason I want to work remote is because I don't want to waste 2+ hours of my life every day sitting in a car in traffic. Also, there's barely ever any working face-to-face with people even in an office job. When I did previously do that, 99% of communication still happened over slack, even with the person sitting right next to you. There's absolutely no benefit and only downsides to working in an office.

give me half your pay and ill do half the work for you in half the time as you

lol

>OP gives a fuck about his work
>he actually gets stressed over work
>not jaded after 2 years
>not explaining to his boss that the workload is stupidly high and the work isn't getting fucking done because there's not enough competent staff to do the fucking work
>not laughing in his face when he gets mad and say "then fire me and make an example of it! Splitting the work between even fewer people will fix all your fucking problems!"
I mean, what do you have to lose? Telling your boss off might get you fired but you're leaving anyway. What if he actually shows you a little respect for not being a snivelling little work from home worm like you are now?

Quitting is only a realistic option if you have at least 3 months worth of emergency funds for rent/food/bills. Do you have that?

I don't like to create unnecessary conflict. I'd rather just quit and say it's my fault than get into an argument with them.

I have savings that I can live on for a year or two, maybe even 3-4 years if I liquidate all my crypto holdings, but that isn't something I really want to do. I'm saving up money to buy a house one day though, so I don't want to use up any of my savings if I can help it.

Become self employed, you have more than enough resources to do it now. Be free user.

That has got to be the weakest mentality I have ever heard. You are going to go so fucking far in life the best you can hope for is to retire with a gold watch and a boot out the door after decades of being a yes man.

What is this, 1950? I don't expect any of those things and I'm fully aware that the only way to retire successfully is to save on your own and not to expect anything from anyone. All I'm saying is that I don't like to add the stress of getting into unnecessary arguments with people to an already stressful situation.

>americans in charge of basic human rights like fair work laws

>americans in charge of anything

Losing my job and then not being able to find another one is probably my biggest fear. I'm trying to keep all my skills up to date but you just never know. I've heard IT staffing agencies and recruiters can help though, if needed.

This is why having a savings account is so important.

bump

Dude, I hear you on that. I've got the same mindset with a lotta shit. But in this case, you've really got to put your foot down and call them out on their shitty business practices. It's your livlihood and mental health at stake for you, but for them, it's their entire business. Call them out on it, if they tell you to fuck off, good riddance, find yourself a better job. If they listen to you, then problem solved.

this, also in my country I get 60% of my current salary for 1 year plenty of time to get a new job kek.

I'm an independent contractor at my current job, despite being full time. That means I'm not eligible for any kind of unemployment benefits.

Agreed, I have a good amount saved. And I hope I'd get laid off and not fired if something ever does happen...