Is there something similar to this device that isn't gay?

Is there something similar to this device that isn't gay?
>win10
NO THANKS

youtube.com/watch?v=hkDa1MSu-EA

Attached: plamtop.jpg (1887x971, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GPD_Win
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPD_Win
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPD_Win_2
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/novago-windows-10-arm-laptop/&ved=2ahUKEwj82rqgiY3aAhWpl-AKHdiXBYoQFjACegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3uHRWzTKtdXYzqgvETZ9xV
theregister.co.uk/2017/06/09/intel_sends_arm_a_shot_across_bow/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would say Dragonbox Pyra, but the price tag is still pretty gay.

I think you can replace the Windows on GPD Win 2 with another OS if you've got decent skills.

I sdon't care about price I just want something good.

In the review of the gpd I saw it said you can't put say, win7 on it for unspecified reasons, possibly because of the arm processor.

>implying win10 isn't good
XP/7 nostalgiafags btfo
enjoy your no support for anything
hahahahahahaha

I only see win10fags complaining about compatibility problems.

>Dragonbox Pyra
looks interesting. I don't get why the 2gb and 4gb version have the same preorder price though. Not that I'd ever preorder anything

The preorder's just a down payment so they can buy the materials needed to produce the thing. Actual price varies, but is over 500 euros. Good luck with that.

They can suck my balls then. This is amateur shit .

>ARM processor
If you are to dumb to do research, you don't deserve nice things.

>implying win10 isn't good

I could forget everything what windows 10 does (even spying, for this I have other computers) except how it handles the harddrive and updates.

For fuck sake, why does system have 100% disk usage at all times ?!
Literally unusable unless you manually go and turn down the fucking botnet.

I know the difference between too and to, So why don't you relax a bit before calling other people dumb, The video I watched suggested it had an ARM processor and there wasn't any overlay with a correction so I had no reason to suspect that wasn't true.

>I would say Dragonbox Pyra
No thanks. You'd be better off running Linux on the GPDshit Win.

so does the gpd run any windows besides 10 or not

>posts the worst "review" available. (Yes, even David latter himself said he didn't really care and got a whole lot wrong.)
Is this a bait thread?

>win10
>NO THANKS
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GPD_Win
You're welcome.

There is the Pocket and GPD Win 2, the Win 2 has better specs but overall I think it's ergonomically and functionally worse. Pocket has same guts as the Win (1) and also comes with Linux pre-installed (not that you would want to use anything pre-installed by chinks).

>Turbo Boost on this CPU is software-controlled and the Linux kernel (4.4) is not throttling down the CPU enough, running at or close to 2.4Ghz the whole time even with 4 cores active which crashes the CPU eventually. Disabling the Turbo Boost feature ("Turbo Mode" in the BIOS) fixed those crashes. More info here.
This must be on a early backer unit that had prower problems because I'm running constant turbo clocks without problems, even under Linux, as I triple boot.

>posts the worst "review" available
Well sorry mr faggot. I only just learned of this class of devices. (palmtop with game controls) and haven't done more than 30 mins of research. I figured I'd ask you guys to make any future research more efficient.

>(palmtop with game controls)
It's a UMPC with gayme controls.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPD_Win

Also the second one.

Plus there is the Pocket also.

>haven't done more than 30 min of research
Sup Forums is not your tech support
please read the sticky

I'm not asking for tech support you dumb nigger. I'm asking for experienced peoples advice on the status of the palmtop gaming device market.

>For fuck sake, why does system have 100% disk usage at all times ?!
Maybe you shouldn't have turned off all of the security shit because muh botnet so you wouldn't get a virus? I never get above 2% usage on my un modified windows 10 install

Just run an x86 VM on your phone.

Sorry I'm late guys, I was waiting for my hot pockets to finish cooking.

Attached: download.webm (720x1280, 2.13M)

>arm
no thanks

ARM has pretty decent laptop i3 level performance now. X86 emulation has improved since the 800 snapdragon series too.

Attached: Comb27032018115940.jpg (1440x1280, 211K)

>comparing shitty arm arch phone processors to a quadcore x86 actual umpc/laptop cpu
out

A shitty quad-core atom isn't any better lmao

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-27-13-49-59.png (720x1280, 109K)

sure thing, kid.

If you think ARM hasn't been hauling ass to rape x86 then you're fucking insane. Soon they'll be exclusively used for laptops lmao.

We already have functional commercial units being sold.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/novago-windows-10-arm-laptop/&ved=2ahUKEwj82rqgiY3aAhWpl-AKHdiXBYoQFjACegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3uHRWzTKtdXYzqgvETZ9xV

i know, but not there yet.

Getting real fucking close if even a snapoven 820 is holding a razor edge to haswell i3 laptop processors.

What's the x86 emulation performance penalty for x86 at right now, 20%?

lol you chose the wrong intel cpu, its a z8750

Still shit lmao

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-27-14-19-18.png (720x1280, 103K)

>being this much of a phone processor fag

Look m8, x86 had a good run but it's time we say our goodbyes and move on. Don't let all these jewish tricks makes you waste money on big clunky laptops when you have one in your pocket right now.

The damage control has already started and people are becoming aware more and more how useless laptops are now.

theregister.co.uk/2017/06/09/intel_sends_arm_a_shot_across_bow/

>posting a old shit devices from three years ago
>implying geekshit scores even mean anything in the real world

Attached: Clipboard02.png (890x822, 48K)

>>posting a old shit devices from three years ago
This is an UMPC thread. Go fucking find me one with a core-m nigger

>>implying geekshit scores even mean anything in the real world
Gookbench 4 is a little closer to real world performance than 3 and 2 were. If you want to be nitpicky then only the floating point scores matter.

>This is an UMPC thread. Go fucking find me one with a core-m nigger

>The system is also capable of running GNU/Linux operating systems.

>Go fucking find me one with a core-m nigger
Fucking retard living under a rock and he tried to shill ARM so hard. Where do people like that even come from who have such a narrow field of view on things.

Okay I'm impressed except
>300 GFLOP iGPU
They should have waited for 5w mobile ryzen apus

what do you expect from a chink Qualcomm shill
they don't get paid for being smart

WIN 2 fully supports Linux.

The GPD Pocket is out there. I've been thinking about getting one but it's a bit overpriced and useless to me. I think it ships with Windows 10 but you can easily wipe it and install common Linux distros like Ubuntu and Fedora. Not sure about the support for other systems but at least there's a couple alternatives.

>Winshit 10 is good
Windows 10 in general is fucking awful. You obviously have zero real world experience in IT and deploying/managing devices. At the company I work for we're upgrading some PCs to Windows 10 to see how it would work and test our software. The plan for now is to use LTSB in 2019 on the next release and stick with Windows 7 until then. Everything that doesn't require Windows only software is already running RHEL.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell that we're going to be using Windows 10 Home, Pro, or any CB or CBB edition. Businesses don't want forced restarts, cortana, candy crush, social media, and a myriad of other distracting things that make our employees unproductive.

I'll say that again. Windows 10 is bad for business and productivity. It is an OS for children and soccer moms, and soccer moms don't browse Sup Forums. Kill yourself, manchild.

Attached: 1.jpg (3200x2180, 1.42M)

>posts x86 based device
>>win10
>NO THANKS
Is this seriously the level of intelligence of posters on Sup Forums these days?

Attached: 1472019452422.png (759x458, 40K)

Libretto owner chiming in.
My 266Mhz P1 w/ MMX w/ 96MB EDO ram works fine for me.

Attached: 4.jpg (1224x1632, 450K)

>Gentoo
I have some questions. If you compile locally, how many years did it take to compile the kernel? Also, is there any sort of GUI that runs well on it? Some years ago I turned a PS2 into a little MIPS Linux shitbox and it ran TWM okay on only 32MB of RAM. And finally, what do you use it for? Do you just SSH into other machines to do a little text editing or management here and there?

Attached: 1519856791830.png (657x527, 225K)

his face is so hideous

isn't he the one with yellow fever

You're better off just popping out the HDD/SSD and plugging it into an IDE to USB adapter then formatting the drive and pushing the install over.

Realistically the RAM isn't the problem you might think. You just need to cut the bloat. I usually do a minimal install with almost nothing but the modules. Then I install X and ICEWM/BlackBox or Window Maker. All of which are excellent choices. At idle, booted up with GUI up (Window Maker) I can get an idle usage of around 27MB. Plenty of room to do anything that isn't Javascript or IMG based.

Although, the neat thing is the EDO ram is about the same speed as a 1066x Compact Flash module plugged into the IDE slot. So, having a big swap file isn't a big deal. Lynx works great. The machine serves no real purpose, but it's extremely modable and configurable.

Hey, that's not too bad. The oldest machine that I still use day to day with modern software is my ThinkPad R60. I'm currently using Devuan i386 with XFCE on it. Everything works well but it's a bit sluggish still and only has 1GB of RAM, which is nearly maxed out with Firefox. I'm thinking about using Window Maker to squeeze a little more performance out of it. Any recommendations on what packages to get to make it not so old and shitty? Are there battery widgets available for it at all?