Why is Win10 key code so expensive

>reformat my device
>asks for windows activation key code
>lost my key
>tfw didn’t get to link my device to my account

now windows wants me to pay over a hundred dollar for some key code so i can access full feature of windows 10. why is this shit so fucking expensive? what the fuck made it worth 150 dollars just for me to buy this shit?

Attached: 7099824D-1DD2-4296-B904-C754FE608193.png (549x242, 110K)

Code your own OS for $150

Yeah, I thought so

install gentoo

Sure the key is not in BIOS? Maybe you need to install a previous version of windows.

Get one on ebay for like 10% of that.

this. if you absolutely NEED Windows for work or school then your school or work should at the very least provide on-site computers installed with Windows.

i dont think the product key is in the BIOS user

>paying to be spied on
No thanks.

Use KMSpico you literal nigger

Attached: 1518433634136.png (211x239, 2K)

If you didn't change any hardware and only reformat, the previous license will still works and automatically activated. No need to put any key.

i know this gentoo meme has been around for like 10 years already but unfortunately my device is built for Win10 OS. it’s a GPD Win 8700 so it’s only used for gaming and i am definitely not going to fucking pay for a code that’s worth half of my GPD Win.

so, is the only reason why this fucking key is expensive?

it is for anything made after 2013, OP is just a dumbshit asking for tech support

My desktop is actually using the Windows 10 license I had on my laptop kek

It was linked to my microsoft account and when activating I just said I changed hardware.

I don't know dude, just instal it anyways without a code. It still works, you just can't change your wallpaper directly (but right clicking and "set as background" still works) and occasionally a watermark will pop up that says "activate windows"

Good lands, the more I type about this, the more Windows 10 just feels like one of those shitty programs you download off of a shitty website for a 30-day free trial and then delete when the trial is up

actually the ONLY reason why i reformatted is because the windows 10 update put my GPD Win into a fucking bootloop

unfortunately, when i reformatted the whole system. it just kept asking for the key code, i assume that windows wanted a new key code regardless if you activated your previous one

>device is built for Win10
>it’s only used for gaming
fuck off to Sup Forumseddit then
or learn to use KMS activators

>fuck off to Sup Forumseddit then
This.
>or learn to use KMS activators
t. nigger.

oh fuck off
most Sup Forums anons are from Sup Forums anyway
and besides, GPD Win is looked down upon Sup Forums because it’sa direct threat to their shitty Switch so they delude themselves that GPD win is some shitty dumbed down Switch

i’m not

i want an explanation if paying 150 bucks is justifiable for a fucking code

>Intel Atom UMPC
>threat to a game console

considering that switch is in drought for games, it’s a threat to them

i want an explanation about how you did not fucking manage to get the key in 10 minutes after knowing that it's written inside BIOS

i want an explanation about why you can't service your device officially

not really

because you depend on that system

bios doesn’t show the key though

they’re just convincing people to switch to mac os or linux. windows is just getting way too touchy with privacy and you have to pay for it too. why would anyone want to pay for that?

With laptops, you usually get a sticker with the code on the underside of the machine, or in the packaging.

Attached: 1386760403104.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

>they’re just convincing people to switch to mac os or linux
who?

When dealing with windows 10, Microsoft associates your license to your hardware. You don't need the key again, nor to link an account to your installation. You can activate from the settings, if it's not being done automatically.

If that doesn't work, then what's most likely happening here is that you installed a different version of windows for which your device does not have a license. Either install the correct version, or use a kms tool on the one you installed.

>bios doesn’t show the key though
altavusta that shit microbrainlet
fucktard

Windows 10 license is linked to your hardware. If it asks for a key you can safely skip this step and it will activate automatically.

Unless you didn’t install the same edition due to your own stupidity. It needs to be the same language as well.

Let me guess, your Windows was in Chinese because you bought a shitty GPD intended for the Chinese market and didn’t realize you would need another license. Now you’re blaming Microsoft and your laptop and trying to make them look bad on the Internet because you’re a cheap fuck.