There are people on mu RIGHT NOW that claim to be "music fans" but can't even play a single instrument

>there are people on mu RIGHT NOW that claim to be "music fans" but can't even play a single instrument

idk your dad liked my recital on his skin flute last night.

Fuck this post AND shitty music elitism

Just stop being a fucking retard and learn how to play an instrument. I played trumpet for 8 years and guitar for 3. Played piano for a little while too. What's your excuse, faggot?

I'd replace "can't even play a single instrument" with "don't know music theory".
Your taste will change a lot and you will effectively become patrician... How could you ever rate an album if you don't know the fucking simplest chem behind it?
Most teens here who shitpost about rap and rock probably don't know shit.
>Idk lol dude it Sounds weird and de lyrics r gud xD

>the are instrument on now RIGHT MY that claim fan be "music tos" but can't even play a single people

You can gain surface level music knowledge from playing an instrument

Go from there famalama

Its not elitism, its just going past anti-hobbies and phases that half of moo has. Lawl, so indeh. Lawl, so into music because I listen to weIrD stuff like anco xD

When confronted with the fact he is merely a leech petty consumer and not actually a music fan, the redditor resorts to dismissive, passive aggressive 2007 style memes to try to gain superiority and simultaneously dismiss the accusers valid point.

Dumb tripfag

i can pay the DAW, nikka

i play the drums and piano and the violin
but dont make the mistake of playing an instrument puts you above the pathetic masses
it doesnt
music is for everyone
now go and make music instead of shitty threads
ty

what daw and what kind of mu ?

You don't play any of those senpai, nice try r/indieheads to seem like one of us

boi, i play a mad trombone, rust free

cant u tell from my post, f a m?

>There are people that claim they are fans of video games but they never made one.
Or
> there are people that claim to be movies fans but they don't know how direct edit or shoot
Same as
>there are people on mu RIGHT NOW that claim to be "music fans" but can't even play a single instrument.

>Implying that in order to like a finished product you have to know how to make it

I sometimes tap a pen on the table too. Do I play drums, user?

perfect

lol

see

okay then you dont play the trumpet nor the piano nor the guitar
see how easy that was ?
ill just assume you dont play any of those

unfortounatly no
but i bet 100 bucks you dont even know what a snare drum is or hihat for that matter

sure, what kind of polyrthyms in 12/14 can you play at 200+ bpm?

You're using the guise of being an instrument player to make your points about music being "for everyone" more valid and give anons less room to dismiss you for being another butthurt pleb. Stay mad and sad

>I sometimes tap a pen on the table too. Do I play drums, user?
Yes. Drummers will tell you different, but they are wrong. You are now a drummer.
t. guitarist.

see

what daw user ?
i cant

I played in a band for years you illiterate fag. That's like saying "I bet you don't even know what a Fender is you dumb fuck you've never even played guitar."

Para diddle diddle para diddle diddle

on what basis do you think only non-instrument players browse Sup Forums ?
you really think ur the only onr ?
could you be more blinded by ur own selfworth user ?

It's actually worse than that. It doesn't take any creativity to use an instrument to play music that other people made.

It's much less like creating a movie, and much more like knowing how to operate a theatre projector in order to display someone else's movie.

Sorry you were unfortunate to play with people who don't understand a lick of rhythm.

> it's a 'musicians pretend to be superior because they can play My Girls on an acoustic guitar' thread

I'm betting you're a fruityloops user who used to make vaporwave and has now entered the exciting world of dope trap beats.

I said polyrhythms not rudiments friend.

i also played in a band more than one
you dont see me makin a thread and having love stains on my pants for doing so
your probably just some pathetic child Who cant hold a tempo without a metronome

I play the drums as well kek.

I see this false equivalency every single time this thread is posted.

We're talking about playing an instrument, not being a commercially successful fulltime musician. The logical equivalences in those two scenarios is having some vague knowledge/understanding of food and architecture.

Sly Straw Man, albeit unoriginal.

whats vaporwave ?

Yes, I'm very sure you 'play' the drums.

Anyone can 'play' the drums.

there are people on mu right now who are insecure idiots

No one fucking cares how many instruments you play, dude. You're not special.

>Anyone can 'play' the drums.
Exactly my friend.

this

I know it may be difficult to overcome your childish lack of patience and extreme autism but learning an instrument is seriously not difficult at all. Stop being a fucking pussy.

The cycle never ends. You are ultimately wrong and being dismissive and hiding from the fact won't change it your average entitled millenials. You cant critique anything or claim to be into it on a deeper level and then do nothing but consume other people's work. Stay mad talentless pleb. Pretend people are less adequate at something than they actually are to further justify not catching up yourself

Glad you understand the point I was making.

Kek you fags think I'm OP. I'm just here because you fuckers take the easiest bait and argue about anything.

lol God FUCKING FORBID people play music on a music forum.

Agree with the detractors. Practicing an instrument is not a prerequisite for music appreciation

You just used this thread as an excuse to brag about how you can play an instrument and how that apparantely makes you a more competent music listener. You don't need to know how to make a meal to appreciate it, dumbass.

>I was only pretending to be retarded
Kys
No one cares. user made it seem like it makes him vastly superior. Welcome to the real world because it doesn't.

Come on fellas, it's not too difficult to get hold of an old guitar and play some open chords

Actually, it is.
>Hurr durr I don't understand anything about this song and basic shit like it's structure or how difficult it is to play but it sounds weird and he looks focused hard on playing it so it must be hard I guedd X'P

None of those were even in reply to me, you petty fuckass.
>You don't need to know how to make a meal to appreciate it
>YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW X TO APPRECIATE IT LALALALA

It's the same shit every fucking thread with you losers. I found myself having this exact conversation in the archive and copied and pasted my reply from then.
See

This whole thread is proof of how mu is Reddit/tumblr 2.0. millenials that will never strive past level consumerism and yet still have the gall to claim that they are into music more than an average top 40 listener because they read pitchfork and scaruffi ratings. I need to find a new spot soon.

Sorry user, education does make you superior to people lacking in the same regard.

Go hit up a local wine consultant / sommelier and try to riff with him about wine. Education makes a difference in the extent that you can appreciate something.

There are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who claim to be "videogame fans" but can't even write code

I can also play Smoke Underwater and Wonderwall and Horse with No Name user :^)

Unironically, this.

You're not "into music" for having a what.cd account and downloading a slsk client. You're just a lazy sack of shit that prefers listening to albums to watching TV.

Nice meme.
See and

I think I'm a fan because I like it.

Since when has the west not been about consuming rather than creating/learning?
>Millenials
Oh god this again.

I have played music for over 9 years. I play in jazz ensembles and a big band. I agree that playing an instruments and understanding theory changes one's view and appreciation of music, but It isn't absolutely necessary. I'm also a painter and I'd guess I have experienced some aspects of painting that non-painters never will, but this doesn't mean I'm suddenly superior to everyone who hasn't held a brush when it comes to appreciating works of art. Many of the greatest art historians never created their own stuff.
Things just aren't connected like that.

I still support my statement that people who make posts like this one are stupid insecure shits. The same kind of people who also care about being "patrician".

The end never cycles

there's people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who are stupid enough to vote for donald trump.

>the west
Oh god not this again

>Grr, I just hate those damn people using the term millenial on me.

Did I trigger you, numale MILLENIAL?

Can you not defend your point? No? Yep that's because you realized I'm right.

Being 26 still makes you a millenial.

>Post yfw more lying teenagers trying to make it look like they play any instruments to justify their shitty lazy claim

>mfw someone asks what kind of instrument I play

Funny how so many people think playing an instrument is good. Surprise, fuckface; turns out it's actually bad.

It's a huge fucking waste of time. You know why? I don't need to know how to play an instrument to hit play on a post-minimalist onkyo album in foobar. Every single one of you cunts is fucking retarded.

>I have played music for over 9 years. I play in jazz ensembles and a big band

no you dont

yes i do / thread

Someone doesn't know how to play an instrument.

It's a proven fact that people that are able to play instruments are more intelligent than people who don't

I assume you don't even exist

The fucking problem is how people just won't admit they haven't reached the level of education needed to even say if X thing is bad or good or better/worse than Y.
An user doesn't know what a bar is, yet he comments on the composition of a song and expects me to respect his opinion? Oh no, fuckface, you go back to school, if you didn't learn this shit in 8th grade you're done to me. Literally read a book.
>But I listen to stuff critics think is good so it's good!
Nope. Form your own taste.

> implying I don't play an instrument
> implying you should give a fuck about what other people are doing and whether or not they're doing something better than you

Oh man all this damage control

>"oh yeah I'm patrician"
>can't read music
>can't play an instrument
>unironically thinks he can understand music

I actually play instruments and produce music.

Embarrassing post.

>Is wrong about something and fails to prove a point
H-ha you guys are SOOOO dumb it's obvious bait lmaooo

by this same argument, no one can call themselves a film buff unless they know how to make film

Correct

there a sports fans who can't walk

I also like football but don't play, get off your high horse you faggot

Well you can know how to direct or edit movies without being a famous direcyor, so yes it is similar.

Music taste is subjective

I can play the maracas like nobody's business.

I'm stealing this for the next time some idiot at a show says something retarded like that. Right in the feels.

ironic shitposting and the like is still shitposting

>How could you ever rate an album
But I don't. Am I in the clear now?

>implying you have to be an artist to enjoy art

So in general you're saying you can only enjoy any type of art if you've attempted to produce the same type of art?

I am above average at making art (drawing, painting, etc) but I don't feel I have superior tastes in art.
I have tried fiddling around with my brother's guitar and a friend's keyboard and felt like I could never get good at it and had no interest in continuing to practice. I've taken a music appreciation course in college and that's about it. I just know there is more to music than top 40 and would like to learn more about music and the artists themselves.

Can I stay?

kek