NVidia suspends self-driving car tests globally, stock crashes dragging the rest of Nasdaq with it...

NVidia suspends self-driving car tests globally, stock crashes dragging the rest of Nasdaq with it. Uber lost it license to test in Arizona and now the rest of the industry is scambling to cancel development. We won't have any self-driving cars any time soon. t.t.thank you Uber.

Attached: 2018-03-27_2.jpg (890x520, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2018/03/21/nvidia_titan_v_reproducibility/
youtu.be/Cuo8eq9C3Ec
wccftech.com/nvidia-titan-v-error/
youtube.com/watch?v=1XOVxSCG8u0
youtube.com/watch?v=_EMAoiqLq9Y
bbc.com/news/uk-england-shropshire-43543590
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>self crashing meme is already dead

Thank you God, if you're coming for my manual, you'll only get it from my cold, dead hands you fucking kikes!

Is the chip they use borken?

It has become redpilled and decided the best long and short term way of making traffic safe is by not going out of your way to save someone from their own stupidity, that'll weed out some of the retards and the rest will start to learn not to make mistakes. Natural selection at it's finest.

>tfw won't be able to drive and hoon my car safely because Stacy can't have her car drive for her.

been waiting for nvidia bubble to burst
now going to be able to buy

That small blip is just an odd shot anomaly and will correct itself. If you want to see real failure, check out them AMD stocks. They can't get into the self driving market because they have no drivers. So ha!

well why you think tesla hired the one true mega uber jim keller?

nothing with nvidia on ever worked

Is this a 2 minutes chart?

that dip was just from a couple big holders selling at a lower price. it'll go back up when they're done selling.

you fuckers can't even into economics

Attached: 562.jpg (600x600, 36K)

>LITERALLY one death
>Everyone pulls out
>Meanwhile human drivers have killed thousands since self driving cars started getting tested
FUCKING NORMALFAGS This is why we can't have nice things.

Fucking this.

Why is it that a computer sucks 20 times worse than me casually shifting gears? Fuck, I was better shifting than a computer when I was fucking 14 on a tractor.

theregister.co.uk/2018/03/21/nvidia_titan_v_reproducibility/

Attached: 1504811041382.png (253x239, 84K)

nice time to buy is guess

omfg you liars just looked at the stock its fucking nothing I hate Sup Forums so fucking much sometimes

Hope the whole AI will fix everything meme is over.

It's an unbelievable double standard, especially considering that in this particular accident, the victim was at fault, and the backup driver also failed to avoid her.

self driving cars are for idiots

Of course the also drag down AMD.

Self driving cars are a legal nightmare.

Every death will be blamed on the car manufacturer, the GPU maker, the AI maker, the cameras, whatever.
It's too costly.

>assassinate target with self driving car
>get away with it

Since computers don't make mistakes, an accident is a very big deal. It might be a engineering failure, causing the accident to happen every time in the same situation.

made me chuckle

Manual is fucking annoying

How is this nothing?

Down nearly 20% in a day.

Debating whether to pump with $10K I have laying around but don't want bag hold nvidia.

Attached: nvidia.png (725x652, 44K)

THE MORE YOU BUY
THE MORE YOU SAVE

Manual transmission is already dead faggot.

Holy shit they are really taking a hit

If a GPU company's market cap (in billions) is higher than its high end GPU VRAM (in gb) then that company is overpriced.

It is law.

Attached: 1416108552135.gif (475x277, 1.84M)

The AI has decided to kill kikes.

t. wants to text and eat in his car

Pig.

Bought 10 shares locked in at $225, next week it'll go back up and I'll dump. If it stagnates I'll just wait for the next GTX announcement, shit always moons.

Clean grab.

NVIDIA IS FUCKING FINISHED
#betterred

Attached: nv.png (1097x1539, 98K)

Nah I just dont want to fuck around with the shifter constantly when in heavy traffic you dumb cucklet

SOPA MACACO

Attached: 1502143993622.jpg (444x444, 81K)

>heavy traffic

I'm sorry for not having 2 hour commutes like Amerimutts

AAAAAII AAAAAAAIIII QUIDELICIA

Literally just put it in second and leave it there.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again : Optimization algorithms are not Artificial Intelligence. Corporations got greedy and over-hyped a fundamentally flawed technology and rushed it to market. You can only evade reality for so long. That being said, there will be REAL AI for Jensen's wares soon. Until then, there will be birth pangs. The memes will hold true.
You will see myself in (you)
> Cover my eyes electric blue.

Attached: 1521920979699.png (293x270, 41K)

Nah then fuel economy is fucked

As if that matters to an American.

Imagine how much you have to suck for this to amount to even the mildest annoyance or challenge.

What fuel economy? If you're in heavy traffic you're not gonna go over 2k RPM regardless of the gear you're in.

Lol he actually thinks about shifting.

He has to think about shifting, he's too busy texting and doing his presentation on his laptop to be concerned about changing gear.

Buddy of mine is a policeman here in the UK, they fucking love looking out for Rental cars around this time of year because it's usually Americans driving, and 99% of the time, they're on their phone, and have no seatbelt on. Easy tickets.

kek

sad but so true

Fellow Europeans, consider that there's barely any cars in America with manual gearshift. Automatic is the norm. It's just one of those things that's different. Your regular American can go a life-time without seeing a gear stick. I'm not saying it isn't fun to laugh at but I'm fairly sure I wouldn't know how to drive a stick either if it weren't for the simple fact that every single car here has one.

>they're on their phone, and have no seatbelt on
Oi, looks you got a little too much freedom there, m8. This is the UK. BTW, do you have a tv license for that iPhone, old chap? Blimey, is that a plastic fork? Gonna have to take you to jail. Silly Americans.

Attached: uk-police-officer-laughing-with-helmet.jpg (480x360, 28K)

>assassinate target with vulnerable cars made after 1996 with CAN bus injection over Bluetooth/cellular and get away with it.

Attached: 1522148139047.png (512x384, 374K)

There's plenty of Autotragics in Europe, I think over 25% of new cars are.

Driving while texting is as responsible as shooting a AR15 with your eyes closed. The difference is that no one will cry if someone kills you for doing that.

Well duh, capitalists have no incentive to properly develop an automated driving system. It would kill the insurance industry.

..meanwhile nvidia ended the day -7.75%. I do find it kind of odd that Jensen would go on and on and on about NVidia's driverless car technology at the nvidia gts conference at the same time as they cancelled their self-driving car testing. Seems like it was a pre-planned presentation he just stuck to.

Attached: poor-novidia-down-7percent.png (1402x739, 147K)

No, it would shift liability to manufacturers and certification shops. Insurance is only going away for the end-user.

An autonomous driving network would be accident free. I bet you think that bottle of pills really does cost 1000 per pill. Typical amerimutt

>Fellow Europeans
I, sir, am a born and raised United States citizen, caucasian, and I drive manual transmission exclusively. And what you have described it precisely the problem. There are too many automatics, and as a result too many shitty drivers, and increasingly lower choice for stickshift patricians.

Have you read, or even skimmed, a single one of the IEEE or SAE standards on connected vehicles or automotive security? If not, I suggest you do (IEEE 1609, SAE J2735, SAE J2945, especially SAE J3061). 1609.2/3 outlines the roles of CAs and roadside units (infrastructure cost) and J3061 outlines the product lifecycle INCLUDING continued assessment of security posture and auditing safety systems. And before you throw a fit because IEEE and SAE are primarily US-based, ISO just recently harmonized their Car-to-Car standards with IEEE/SAE.

You're really not well informed enough to debate this.

>Literal H&S on the AMD chart
>"nvidia is finished"
Even if I own only AMD GPU I can admit that AMD has more to fear right now.

>5 minutes of googling obscure jewish laws later
And you still didn’t make a point.

I actually work on these systems. Go back to /polfront/.

what systems would that be? windows?

This is excellent news

The self-driving meme can't die quick enough

>We won't have any self-driving cars any time soon.
We already have self-driving cars, user. There are literally normal people riding in Waymo's cars in public.

This. And I still want to know how a human could have avoided this. The average human would have done worse desu
youtu.be/Cuo8eq9C3Ec

Enjoying you Sempron, huebro?

Can anyone summarize the NVidia keynote for me? All I heard about it is that the new Geforce cards literally cost over 9000 dollars. Was that the only thing announced?

Back to 3D printing you guys, we can still save that meme.

>getting in a car that's more than happy to make the decision murder you because it determined swerving off the road would save n+1 people
Maybe you'll be able to force someone other than a suicidal neet into one of those when they're old and senile

I doubt self driving cars would ever do that.

Even if they want to make it "ethical" (which they don't) it will have to be damn sure it's not a false reading that's triggering the deadly swerve.
It would also open the door to vandals/pranksters causing those situations on purpose.

Much safer to just make an emergency stop.

>increasingly lower choice for stickshift patricians

Tell me about it, neither Ford, GM, nor Dodge make a heavy duty, diesel engined pickup truck with a manual transmission anymore. I hate towing heavy loads with an automatic transmission.

this its ridiculous

>Down nearly 20%
Did you calculate that on one of their GPUs?
wccftech.com/nvidia-titan-v-error/

Don't all automatic gearboxes have a few low gears you can manually select for towing and such?

really, 1 dead crackhead and they're suspending everything? How many people do people kill each year with their cars?

the tesla guy has been doing just that and he is doing great

have some (((applause)))s

>car has a lidar, ambient light is irrelevant
>actually believing the video they feed to the goyim
youtube.com/watch?v=1XOVxSCG8u0
lmao

nvidia still looks like a bubble. my money is on tsmc because is way undervalued and they make chips for big tech companies including nvidia.

Driver's fault, obviously.

Dashcams are notorious for not handling exposure like humans can. Pictures from the area clearly show the area lit better than what it appears in the dashcam. The person would have been visible by the idiot driver had they been paying attention as they should have been.

Self-driving cars are still in their infancy and mistakes/issues will happen and will be corrected. The airline industries didn't start out with a perfect safety record either. The onus and responsibility of safe operation of self-driving cars is on the operator.

Nvidia and Uber were both way behind in the self-driving car race any way. If Google, er Waymo, or Cruise drop out, that'll be news.

how did LIDAR miss the woman ?

youtube.com/watch?v=_EMAoiqLq9Y

this is what it can do, so how the fuck did it not 'see' the woman ?

Was it not working at the time ?
Did the system in the car not process lidar data ?

lots of questions as to what went wrong, but with all the data the car was producing I am sure they will find out the root cause.

140B vs 9.8B market cap. Yeah AMD is killing nVidia. I hate nerds.

In the US, we have approximately one fatality per 100 million miles driven. Uber's self-driving cars had driven ~2.5 million miles when they killed their first person. So basically, they're 40x deadlier than human drivers.

I've seen that footage several times.
....still can't make out of the "driver" is a man or a woman.

I love how the UK talks shit about America but they really are the biggest pussies on planet earth. Can you imagine something like this going down in Texas? A bunch of pedophile worshippers gang raping 11 year old girls while the police cower in their own piss and shit? Keep talking shit limey. The whole world is laughing at you.

bbc.com/news/uk-england-shropshire-43543590

>assassinate with open source car and open sourced remote connectivity and open sourced display port donggle on open sourced roads with open sourced license.

Hey
Think about it
Self driving cars is definitely going to happen
What you r lookin at rn is an opportunity to buy nvidia stock for real cheap

They probably should have tested this tech with trains and trolleys first

They should have stared on the speedways.
Far more useful as well: boring as fuck driving, usually the majority of the journey and doing something else won't necessarily make you puke.

Uber isn't the only people with self driving cars you know and this is the very first case of this happening.
>A sample size of one

>We won't have any self-driving cars any time soon. t.t.thank you Uber.
I liked an idea of assistive autopilot, but I hated how Uber allowed to test their cars.

>And I still want to know how a human could have avoided this.

By going slower and having some sense of awareness. You don't need to be a computer in order to predict potential problems based on the environment. Assume the dipshit in the left turn only lane is going to go straight and cut you off. Assume the person in the parked car is going to fling his door open just as you drive by. If you don't have clear indication otherwise, assume there's a pedestrian about to walk out into the street from behind a car.

The power is yours.

Attached: 1517115768342.jpg (860x710, 148K)

MtF

Hopefully they rethink how they are going to protect these death machines from hackers.

Our own agencies can't stop leaks and they want to inter-coinnect every vehicle into a grid.
One mistake found in any vehicle will lead to every device being compromised.
Literally a botnet...
One wrong brake..
One left turn...
You could end coupless lives.

Yet everyone wants to just embrace le futura!
Apple and Google are the two big names in AI cars and Apple can't even properly program a calculator on IOS 10 while Google constatly monetizes on your information.
This is fucking SKYNET

the only thing that means is now is a good time to buy nvidia stock

So that stupid moral bulshit about the self driving car finally got its answer.

Attached: kill.png (878x511, 177K)

>INERTIA DORIFTO

>friend has internship in NVidia self-driving research

welp

not anymore i bet

Self-driving tests =/= the whole project

At least I don't have to feel like an idiot for buying a car not that long ago.