When will this huge fucking pile of shit finally die?!

When will this huge fucking pile of shit finally die?!

Attached: 1515566408028.png (800x301, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Facebook
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=facebook
diasporafoundation.org/about
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=google
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when you stop being a faggot

Probably not in our lifetime.

Heh

when normies stop using it
so, not tomorrow

soon™

Why does it matter?

1 year from now,it''s been what 10 years since myspace? I think it's about time to move from fb to something else which probably already exists.

It all depends on what demographics they loose.
Say stackoverflow implements a facebook clone, would you switch?
Cause there needs to be an alternative for normies and have 2 tap switch over. More than that it's too much cognitive stress.

Normies are already catching on to the fact that you can't share certain material anymore, so soon.

If Mark decides to turn off FB/Instagram because the shit hits the fan too hard.
Where will normies go to? Is there another social network they might move to or social media will be kill?

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 29K)

>social media will be kill
We can only hope.

Twitter
or unironically google plus, since normalfags actually ate up facebook, they'll eat up google twice as hard. (plus most of them probably have youtube accounts and by extension they already have google+, so that's that)

Attached: 1519308815507.jpg (192x171, 15K)

It will just be replaced by something as bad if not worse

Attached: 1521829282683.jpg (657x527, 38K)

This.

I unironically think there may be some sort of acceptance of the way things are and disillusioned people actually may move to Google Plus since Google has all their data anyway

Normies need to learn that anonymity is the correct way to use the internet.

Mastodon has been getting a bit of public exposure lately.
Not sure how good that is though.

Now that they've lost half their company worth, can I have facebook ads for half the price?

>implying facebook doesn't invent immortality and continues to monitor your daily life forever.

Google and probably a couple of other Silicon Valley companies are working on this scenario at this very moment.

Haven't even seen G+ in eons. Wasn't goolag killing the platform like they did with Hangouts?
Twitter has been around for a while and ppl that dont "get it" won't switch to it anyways.

>Toots instead of tweets
Nah, it's for soyboys.

Everyone goes back to myspace

when there's a replacement

>Mastodon

I like it but alts and a long mute list are required:

>Mastodon.social - full of the most "lol spork i'm so random* people, federates with everything so good search but language filters suck so the timeline is useless, most like twitter but in a bad way, gay commies in high school

>octodon - the reddit of instances, straight commies jobs

>witchestown and cybrespace - they'll bash fash after their therapy for being called the wrong pronoun, tranny commies without jobs

>furry spaces - ruff, skiff, commies with fursuits

>free speech instances - Sup Forums by tripfags, if you have any hobbies outside weeb/vidya/lunix/shitposting you'll have zero connections here, anticommies with autism

>counter.social - mostly normal, polite people who leave the house, but run by that faggot jester and doesn't federate, bonus points for pissing off the lefty instances so much they blocked him even though he doesn't federate, normies

>instances with 500-3000 people not mentioned - more likely to find people with similar hobbies/lifestyle but search and federated timeline sucks unless you spend all your time populating it

It can't die while normans 'protest' it by moving to Instagram.

>lunix/shitposting
>autism

Attached: 71a.jpg (680x596, 95K)

What's the privacy like? Most instances just copy/paste the default "we keep your IP for 5 years and may give your data to analytics or third parties", doesn't sound all that great to me

Most of them are based in Europe and I think that's their default requirement. This isnt an encrypted space. Your admins can read all your DM's if they wanted, so you have to trust them. For private convo, take it to Signal, etc. A lot of people put their Discord or XMPP handle in their bio.

Hah. It will die

never facebook is too big.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Facebook

Not really. Most normies decided that the best way to stick it to Facebook was to delete their accounts and switch to Instagram. I don't think they can be saved.

Well that's pretty fucking retarded for a "private" Foss alternative, isn't it

instead of people looking for an alternative why don't they just *stop* using social media?

Some of us have friends, user. And some of them may not live where they did a year ago.

so text them or give them a call.

I don't live in 1992 anymore

>1992
I am a 19 year old born in 1998. Stop pretending like ditching social media is impossible in 2018.

>look at how counterculture I am xd
Maybe when you grow up you will understand.

you realize that:

>Cuckerberg started to sell off his shares at the top/in sync with perceived US market top before the possible collapse coming
>all of sudden, some random whistleblower appears to make the price dump more, what a coincidence
>fud created to make it all dump a lot so that cuckerberg and insiders can buy it up at the bottom

facebook is not going to die, company is not dependant on normies using it anymore

they already have enough data to sell and various money making aquisitions, they might as well turn it into ebay 2.0 now (which they are already doing)

Loose

Instagram is owned by Facebook.

It's private but not secured and they're open about that.

It's like talking in a club. The owner can bug it and listen to all your convos. People can overhear but for the most part nobody gives a shit and no "real identities" are required. It's fine for what it does which is provide a comfier alternative to Twitter.

I didn't imply anywhere that I am 'counter culture'
All I'm saying is that there never has been, and never will be a relevant social media platform that respects your privacy. Mastodon and diaspora are only known by autists concerned with privacy and have almost no features. That's ignoring the fact that the only way for these companies that offer free services to survive is to sell something, and all they have is user data.

and to add to that

e-commerce is definitely in dotcom like bubble rn, but if anything survives it, it will be facebook

That was his point

Coffee?

>having a social media makes you mature

people like you is the reason I deleted my facebook like 6 years ago. full of retards like you. also not having a social media protects you from doxing or identity theft.

It might continue to survive in 3rd world countries, because Westerners are usually more informed and virtue signalling than 3rd worldlers.

Goddammit, why do (((they))) ALWAYS win?

>e-commerce is definitely in dotcom like bubble rn, but if anything survives it, it will be facebook

Nah, Amazon. They're diversified to the point they'll stay in business for as long as the internet exists. Meanwhile Facebook is entirely based around the popularity of a handful of sites, their existence is a fashion trend.

>implying toots aren't way better

Attached: toots.png (500x474, 168K)

posts on mastodon.social

think of the impact fb has had on the environment just so people could post pictures of cats and alienate their friends and family by sharing their political views.

This sorta goes without saying. Social media has warped peoples' minds / perceptions of themselves and how they interact with others. It's not at all surprising that the average person is led only by their vain feelings.

Facebook is already mostly pajeets and pakis.

>Wasn't goolag killing the platform like they did with Hangouts?

Why deprive themselves of an opportunity to own their social media platform and retain an influx of people's personal information? To answer the question though, no. They merely made YouTube not require Google+ anymore for commenting, and placed a far less emphasis on its marketing now. It's pretty much an imbred Facebook meets Pinterest.

5 years, 2 months , 13 days, 9 hours, 48 minutes and 01 seconds.

Gnu Social is better.

only when a competing product renders it obsolete and replaces it

When something even worse comes along to replace it.

Better go after the chinese-model guys. Yes, they watch you, but at least they don't do it behind your back. Long live chinese-type of communism.

Only to autists. Eugen is a huge shithead, but he made an interface that didn't look like Twitter from 1997.

2020, look at the trajectory
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=facebook

by then there will be privacy conscious social media to replace it

it's a shame diaspora never took off
it fits the bill, is open source, can be self hosted
diasporafoundation.org/about

When Linus admits to being a fag.

Attached: CkDoiZtVEAMliQ-.jpg (1200x1200, 248K)

twitter is just a telephone system with facebook statuses, it's not a social network/photo album/event organiser, etc

google+ is dead and it has all of the same problems that people worry about facebook now

>too big
means nothing

IBM used to dominate
Microsoft used to dominate
Google is on borrowed time, they had their decade, they haven't been doing anything amazing in a while
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=google

I still don't understand what the fuck is the point of instagram

it's a public photo album with filters, and what else?? why is it its own special service?

This new twitter after celebs exodus from Twitter.
Also, Twitter is too open for Facebook.

They're not searching for Facebook because everyone uses the mobile app or goes directly to it you retard

This is pretty much how it is anyways. Every normie I talk to about privacy issues just says ‘it’s way too inconvenient anyways’ and ‘they already have anything on me anyways.’ Complete acceptance and apathy.

-Posted from my iPhone

Instagram is basically the good part of facebook. The rest is dumb games and vain status updates. I just logged in recently and even though I unliked all but a few pages and unfriended everyone but close friends and family my timeline is still riddled with garbage.

I honestly don't see what anyone uses facebook for that cannot be replaced with instagram + any text messaging app of your choice that supports group texts

Basically FB without text, with decent DM features, slightly more private.
If Suckverg didn't buy and crammed it with ads and fb algorithms it would be a half decent option

searches are down
deletes are up
scandals are up
even people on facebook say there's not much activity anymore, its dying

I'll never understand why they didn't add dating/job matchmaking features to facebook, that's the next logical step, along with ordering stuff directly from shops through fb and social vr

the only good part of facebook is whatsapp, but I can't trust it because fb is notorious for disrespecting privacy

instagram is shit

>2019
>Google buys IG
That would be interesting

Attached: 1494280811102.png (399x320, 119K)

Searches have been going down SINCE 2013. Everybody just uses the fucking app.

FB isn't dying and 75% of people who deleted their profile will make another one in 2 weeks and just post less pictures with alcohol.

Probably not. But i agree that it's not their time anymore

>the only good part of facebook is whatsapp, but I can't trust it because fb is notorious for disrespecting privacy
Normies shouldn't have a problem switching to Telegram, something in between might hit the spot.
Maybe a fancy discord-type style app (with likes and shit) or a Snapchat for grandmas

Delusional.

As a messenger? There's better options.

As a way to stay in touch with the news? There's stuff like Twitter or phone apps.

As a way to form communities....ennnhhhh...FB groups are huge. Maybe IG,Twitter or Mastodon some day?

As a digital Rolodex? Zero other good options. There is no other service that is so easy to use and find and communicate with people you know. THIS is the sticking point for most people.

this

yay fb is finally ded

>i.g.
Why google will try the luck in anime studios market?

No one uses Facebook besides boomers, normie will still have snapchat if Instagram dies.

>No one uses Facebook besides boomers,
>normie will still have snapchat if Instagram dies

confirmed underage

Not soon enough.

Having Facebook isn't the same as using it like using other apps

>calls something a huge pile of shit
>doesn't name any flaws
it spying on you isn't a flaw since when you make a fucking account you agree to it
also it won't die within our lifetime, it could never make a profit again and it'll still be able to function longer than we'll be alive

You think "normies" will switch to Snapchat from IG. You are retarded.

TWITTER WILL KILL FACEBOOK ANY DAY NOW!!

Dude like 95% of people under 30 use snapchat if something killed instagram there won't be a normie exodus.

>Dude like 95% of people under 30 who are sluts for money

Fixed. Step outside your camwhore bubble. All it was ever good for was whores and celebrity whores are leaving it. They would never, ever leave IG even if it ran an ad of Zuckerberg punching Rihanna in the face.

Who the fuck cares? This was in a hypothetical scenario where ig died I don't care about your opinion on it. Point is there won't be a normie exodus.

>I don't care about your opinion on it.
>I lost the argument

There wasn't an argument you dumb nigger reread the post I replied to originally.

Soon, or have you not been paying attention to current events

mastodon: fighting SJWs and their hugboxes by enabling more hugboxes by muting every instance you don't like because pronouns and furries and maybe loli from pawoo if the admin happens to dislike it

what a great website

>Microsoft used to dominate
The overwhelming majority of computers run some form of Microsoft Windows, whether it be Windows 7 or Windows 10. The overwhelming majority of business and home users also utilize Microsoft Office and use software written with various Microsoft libraries. The only thing that can save us from the hegemonic dominance of Microsoft code is Java, unironically, because Oracle is also an 800 pound gorilla.

>it spying on you isn't a flaw since when you make a fucking account you agree to it
Wow, what a shill. It also tracks people who don't even use Facebook. Besides, absolutely nobody agrees to being psychologically manipulated by an algorithm.

Someone needs to fucking destroy the big three:
Facebook, Instagram and SnapChat.

>Wow, what a shill.
no I don't think people should use facebook and I hate it as a company, it's evil, but complaining about a company doing something you gave them permission to do is fucking stupid
>It also tracks people who don't even use Facebook
I've seen this claim be made several times without evidence, let me guess I should go find the proof myself?
>absolutely nobody agrees to being psychologically manipulated by an algorithm.
in the terms of service it states they can manipulate the content on your timeline however they wish, so yes everyone with an account agrees to this