Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RyIDuMdY1M8
youtube.com/watch?v=ahWmkV0mtvk
youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y
almostgotcaught.bandcamp.com/track/inertia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I didn't know crunkcore stopped existing! Thanks for the heads up OP

Because nobody has attempted to change how it sounds for the last 10 years

Why the fuck does Archie even need two girls?! Fucking asshole ginger piece of shit

>Sup Forumscore fagt pretends he knows what he's talking about

because punk was intended to be the opposite of pop

I thought house was the worst genre

pleb

everyone likes pretending they're counterculture, pop punk gives normies an outlet to feel different

Pop punk in theory is just the sound of punk fused with pop hooks and radio-friendly melodies and lyrics, but the fanbase got it in their heads that pop punk was 'true' punk and began to adopt the same rebellious counterculture, despite the genre being tailored to the mainstream.

It's a giant oxymoron.
Pop Punk should have been something that was tried once or twice, and then died there. It's such simple music and its pretty much all the same, and even that is accepted by its fan base. Fan base is full of posers who think they're hot shit for knowing how to play power chords. Often, production is more the reason why people flock to it rather than other punk genres.
It's stupid, and I think less of anyone who says they love Pop Punk.

punk is dogshit, pop punk is far better

(you)

>implying punk isn't normie as fuck

Well their outlet is pitiful and they're all pussies.

No, it sincerely is. I'd rather listen to early Green Day, the Ramones, teenage bottlerocket, screeching weasel, Crusades, Dog Party, than shit like fucking black flag, the germs or minor threat.
Don't even get me started on how fucking awful melodic hardcore is

Pop punk in concept may seem very different from punk itself, but musically it shares a lot with the original punk bands. A lot of pop punk sounds no different from the original stuff by Ramones or Sex Pistols, which sounds no different from what was essentially pop music in the 50s (Rock n Roll.) Pop punk isn't that great, but it's not above a lot of the original bands to get the punk label either. Punk didn't get truly good until the more underground movement, the hardcore stuff, and the post-punk stuff happened. Dumb cookie cutter shit is dumb cookie cutter shit either way.

Appeals to pre-teens.
Shallow lyrics that endorse surface-level rebellion while being just as mindless as radio pop.
Breeding ground for mall scum.
Shitty melodies.
Low skill requirement to play.
Completely uninspired drumming.
Host to some of the worst singers of all time.

>implying ramones, bad religion and misfits shirts arent more common than green day shirts

>ramones
they invented punk you fucking retard

Than you aren't a hateful, confused, angry faggot and you have no place listening to punk music.

(You)
Y
o
u
)

Radiohead appeals to pre-teens.
Shallow lyrics that endorce surface level rebellion while being just as mindless as radio pop.
Breeding ground for mall scum.
Shitty melodies.
Low skill requirement to play.
Completely uninspired drumming.
Host to one of the worst singers of all time.

It isn't. Rather pop-punk than pop, rap etc

Sounds like hip hop.

>implying Ramones didnt just market themselves as punk and dress like 'punks' while playing shitty power pop

1970=punk starts

>If I just make fun of Radiohead I'll win the argument.

It's got gems but they are few and far between. Plus Crunkcore is the objectively worst genre

>unable to grasp how subjective and stupid the argument is, likely even has RYM

at least they use mixolydian modes and stuff instead of the same babby chords like most bands

/thread

It is such a retarded genre. I can't stand it. The bands sound the same (and this is meme criticism in MOST genres, but it applies spectacularly here), the whole aesthetic is appealing to type of teens who post "Music is my life." on Facebook, there's nothing Punk about it, just commercial pop-product.

This genre triggers me so fucking much.

>implying that makes it more interesting than anything else
>implying listening to Thom York's dreary, nasally whining over limp wristed pop music is better

>le radiohead is pop meme
Here! Have a (You)

Someone's a little buttmad.

if you're talking about sum 41, blink 182 and simple plan,
but then there's shit that doesn't pander to preteens. It's like you people have your preconcieved notions on what is acceptable to listen to and jerk each other off over the same 30 albums over and over

Post ONE good pop punk song. Just one.

isn't that subjective though?

Damn, having such a boring taste must really suck. You aren't being cool or contrarian by saying this, just proving that you're mornin as fuck when it comes to music. Someone who's attention span is too weak to appreciate anything more than the same regurgitated radio pop ideas. Watered down trash.

Shut the fuck up and post a song, faggot.

Pop punk is a theoretically good genre but in practice it's 100% awful.
>DUDE WE'RE EATING PIZZA XDDDD
>KINDA SAD LYRICS, BUT NOT IN A WAY THAT IS MOVING OR PROFOUND
>SINGER LOOKS AND SOUNDS LIKE HE'S 17
>DUMB BAND NAMES

Damn, having such a boring taste in music must really suck. You aren't being cool or contrarian by saying this, just proving that you're mornin as fuck when it comes to music. Someone who's attention span is too weak to appreciate anything more than the same regurgitated mucore ideas. Watered down trash.

what an embarassing fucking paragraph you just made, what are you, 15?

>It's like you people have your preconcieved notions on what is acceptable to listen to and jerk each other off over the same 30 albums over and over

Where the hell did you get that from? I'm all against the stupid circlejerking that takes place here (I usually try to being threads about obscure recommendations whenever I can).

That doesn't mean this genre is absolute dogshit. Now, faggot, listen here: I don't say that ALL pop-punk albums are shit (you got that idea out of your ass or something). Brand New is an example, and there are other bands here and there that stand out, but the VAST majority of the genre is plagued with the exact same shit those 3 bands you mentioned represent.

1) The majority of fans are turbo-plebs who think are the shining beacon of music for liking something that isn't pop, when it facts is just as bad.
2) The forefront of the genre is packed with absolute shit bands (see: you examples).
3) The whole concept of this genre is to pretend being something it is not in order to sell more copies.

These 3 things make pop punk, IMO, the shittiest serious genre out there. Sorry if that triggers you.

>implying Ramones didnt just market themselves as punk and dress like 'punks' while playing shitty power pop
true, in fact punk was born as a literal degeneration of pop (simpler music and lyrics), as an outrage to the vaniloquence and pretentiousness of the tired mid-70s progressive rock

you can like ramones or not, but they objectively started the genre
proto-punk (stooges, velvet underground, patti smith) is not punk rock, just like canterbury scene (soft machine), space rock (early pink floyd) and neoclassical rock (nice) are not progressive rock

Brand New is middle school garbage though.

You didn't prove him wrong though. You are literally all of what he said.

Yeah, and what he said sounds like something a fucking loser 15 year old would say in high school to impress his autistic friends.

LOOK GUYS HURRR DURRR I LISTEN TO DRONE :D

and it's still the best this shit genre can offer. I hate them too, but they have valid musicianship.

they aren't even pop punk on their 'best' album lmao.

Fucking hell, you really aren't able to think of any other examples of 'acceptable' pop punk are you

nice trips.

Horrid taste.

Two posts and not one argument.
>muh strawman
Keep plebbing, fag.

Can confirm, I distinctively remember several of the popular class clowns screaming the lyrics to "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" at a pep rally.

youtube.com/watch?v=RyIDuMdY1M8

>same mucore ideas
>Germs
>Black Flag
>Minor Threat
Neither of these three are mucore you know that, right?

Of course fucking not. I despise this genre. Why should I? How about you post some examples to prove me wrong? I'm dying to hear the shitfest you consider good.

the argument is that enjoying music is subjective and that you hate pop punk for the same reason people hate metal, you have your stereotypes and examples of awful mainstream bands but aren't willing to enjoy anything fun or catchy if it's pop punk, but weezer and shit like that is okay for some reason. This board is fucking retarded

wonder yhears are the only good pop punk deshbh

See you've already decided it's a shitfest, simply because it's pop punk. great someone posted fucking mxpx

Because it sounds like shit. End of story.

Nah, they take themselves too seriously. They're not fun, they're fucking lame and too poppy and emo.
in your subjective opinion

I can see why you like it. It's decent for pop punk. I could be mean but ima let you have your fun.

Holy shit. Sounds exactly like:

youtube.com/watch?v=ahWmkV0mtvk

youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y

I don't know shit about this genre, and here you go, I posted the only two songs I know of it, and they are the same regurgitated shit.

Point proven. Now gtfo.

their later albums definitely take themselves too seriously but their first album is god tier pop punk

I was talking about how most of you circle jerk the same bands on your chart threads and how you all seem to just rate the most acclaimed albums by those bands because you use music as an accessory.

Go back to your vinyl virgin thread

Then you gotta listen again.
They say it's hard to win an argument with someone that is smart, but impossible to win an argument with someone that is stupid.
You already had that comment loaded up

what I don't understand is, why is the argument that it's too simple something to hold against it.

When you've got trash like sun kil moon and other accoustic acts that are literally just one guy moaning about his shitty life with a guitar that are praised endlessly

I tried getting into it, like all genres. Listened to the popular bands, hated it. Went on with the more "acclaimed" shit, hated it as well. That was a couple of years ago, so I don't recall what were the bands, but I do remember that it was a fucking shitfest.

Unless you post some decent pop punk ( unlike this guy, even though I see you like that band), I'm not changing my opinion.

Give me evidence. You have been just spewing garbage without giving me any reason to believe that this genre isn't beyond redemption.

When did anyone mention Radiohead before?

I tried the same with Hip Hop, so I guess you simply don't like the vibe then.
Because the pop punk I listen to isn't teenagers whining about relationships.

Showed how fucking stupid what that dude typed out by using it on Radiohead, a band that is acceptable to you people

>mixolydian modes
Oh so they know how to play shitty blues, so original.

First of all, NOBODY here said they liked Weezer. You really must have your head real far up your ass to make a generalization like that. Weezer's shit on here for the most of it except maybe their first two albums. Even then, I would definitely put Weezer a few steps above dumb regurgitated punk shit because they at least tried on their first two albums to do something different rather than regurgitate the same old shit.

If you really don't see how this three songs from different bands aren't the same, then there's no point in arguing here.

I made my claim, you went on to say the high-school level "lol u cant win wit stoopid ppl xD" without actually saying anything. Typical pop punk fan to not say anything of substance while talking tons of shit.

Anyone who considers simple=bad can fuck off. That's not my point against it. I mean that the genre is waaaay too formulaic to have any credibility as art or as a craft.

I'm actually a huge fan of minimalism, but haven't gotten into it deeply yet.

See, the problem with that is that Hip-hop is a hugely versatile and creative genre. The forefront of hip-hop is too varied to be called "bad" under one umbrella term, unlike pop punk. Still waiting for those songs that aren't about whiny teenagers, user.

Listen to more music faggot.

What? How did this even become about chart threads? Or the most acclaimed albums? Where are you making these dumb generalizations from? I hope you're trolling us at this point, even if you're putting a bit too much effort in doing so. Through your generalizations all we are seeing is that you're bitter against some Sup Forums establishment that doesn't actually exist.

People are getting too mad. Just listen to whatever you fucking feel like. Jesus Chrispies

The whole obsession with pizza and "getting out of this town" never made sense to me.

It makes perfect sense if you're a teenager living in a boring suburb.

>Hip hop, an entire genre of music, is more varied than a subgenre of punk
Who would've thought

did you read what this guy said?

Boy shitposting is sure fun!

>implying that their last album wasn't just an artsy version of a Coldplay album

whats pop punk ?

i actually like pop punk

>Le Radiohead is bad meme

People will defend pop punk, but I don't think anyone will defend crunkcore. It is completely terrible.

I mean, look at pic related and try to say something good about it. You fucking can't.

Right? Come on Archie, get over yourself.

>tfw my friends call my band pop punk

I can't help that I sing like this, does that really automatically make it pop punk? Does that even matter?

almostgotcaught.bandcamp.com/track/inertia

Pic related, used both on album

What music do you listen to? Because your band is definitely pop punk.

Medic Droid was good

>Fer Sure Maybe
>Fer Sure Not
>Fer Sure Eh?
>Fer Sure Bomb

Someone tell me what we do when we pull up at a stoplight?

well, the singing is definitly pretty pop punky. i'm no expert but i think in general the types of chords and progressions you use are pretty pop punky too. how the whole thing is produced is relatively pop punky aswell, from the voice to the guitar sounds. though theres too much going on guitar wise to have the blandness that most pop punk has. i still think its pretty decent though. its definitly not bad. if thats the music that you instinctively make then fuck whatever ppl think and do your thing. its good.

Ska stopped existing?

nail on the head

Comparing Radiohead to pop punk is not completely subjective you twat. You just have no principles.

Too bad they fucking suck

I'd call this alternative rock maybe emo. You guys are really walking the line between that and pop punk tho.

>emo
HAHAHAHAHAHA