/advanced/ General

This general is for the discussion of music that does not get attention from the rest of Sup Forums. Post the albums/artists you never get to discuss and use this thread as a place to focus Sup Forums's more thoughtful listeners.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
youtube.com/watch?v=avoPEjm-EVo
youtube.com/watch?v=cfHtqMOZcZc
youtube.com/watch?v=xYBXClUnnGM
youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z7xiH9Kcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let's get the ball rolling:

Who's your favorite composer who's still writing music in this decade? Andrew Norman has been a recent favorite of mine.

I wish this general would actually take off :(

It can if you just post music in it!

I think it's ironically too unfocused. You can pay attention to so many aspects of music. I consider myself a "thoughtful listener" but I don't know any composers.

just post music you like that doesn't get attention in Sup Forums proper

/alt-mu/

A general for those who want to discuss music that isn't posted often

This thread is not meant to be elitist, it's just some of us aren't always able to talk about our favourite albums, especially when they are ignored in favor of more popular releases (i.e. Sup Forums-core, p4k BNM, and the same old). This means no general essentials or latest hype albums allowed. Do no troll or derail the thread with non-musical or off-topic discussion.

What music have you been enjoying lately?

Is this advanced enough?

Does /advanced/ like black metal?

youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

This is the most consistent album ever IMO. Everything is in the same key which is really interesting. Certain songs lyrics reference other song titles too.

>Everything will be alright tomorrow

way better

Other instances where the remix album is a billion times better than the original?

I'm really enjoying turnycore atm, upbeat wonky leftfield electronic percussion kind of music.

Sounds good, I'll try it.

Insomnia is they're only good song.

both sound autistic desu

/advanced/ aka /aspie/ general

This pasta is much better.

I need to get into Faithless again. When I was younger, I really enjoyed everything I heard from them and Reverence is really good album from the 90s.

I have recently found Aube, japanese noise and musique concrete artist. His approach of using very limited source material as thematic for each album is very interesting to me. Cardiac Strain was a very interesting album and Hydrophobia, on the first listen, definitely had an interesting aesthetic.

Beats another Death Grips or Grimes spam thread.

I remember when i was shitty kid who only liked metal.

I bought this album for like 7 bucks cause the name sounded MEDAL AS FUCK 666. Turned out it REALLY fucking wasn't.

Maybe now im not such a piece of shit anymore i might give it a relisten

Have you heard Ultimate Care II? It might not be alternative enough for this thread, since Fantano reviewed it.

No, I have not heard it. I will listen to it now. Thank you, user.

I'm not disagreeing with you
it just sounds like it's trying too hard, and will only attract people who are trying too hard
ie
>I have recently found Aube, japanese noise and musique concrete artist. His approach of using very limited source material as thematic for each album is very interesting to me. Cardiac Strain was a very interesting album and Hydrophobia, on the first listen, definitely had an interesting aesthetic.

what we need is a thread where people just share something obscure they find, along with a youtube link and some genre tags and a quick description

basically a share thread that doesn't limit contributors to people who are willing to upload, but still want to share music

No, because the point of /advanced/ is to discuss and no one ever discusses anything when they can hit and run a thread with a YouTube link.

I think /advanced/ should rotate topics like genre, featured artist, etc. to keep discussion focused but broad enough that anyone who meets the criteria of posting has something to contribute.

The problem with this thread and with /trad/ which I like, thats still a shitload of music in one thread and its rare you find people with similar tastes, its worth trying and would like to see it take off but having tried different kinds of threads before, there just isn't enough interest generally.

also how the fuck is describing a recent discovery and recent listen trying too hard? you sound like an embryo who wants to get /advanced/ to spoon feed you

For lack of a better choice, Jurg Frey makes some cool music

While more inviting than /advanced/ it also sounds way edgier

>no one ever discusses anything when they can hit and run a thread with a YouTube link
This tbqh. Youtube link threads are way less productive than any Grimes or DG thread.

>I think /advanced/ should rotate topics
Good idea (in need of good execution though)

>Being unnecessarily antagonistic
To what end

Would responding to this post be derailing?

Instead, I will just share that Aube album I talked about. You can listen if you want to.

youtube.com/watch?v=avoPEjm-EVo

It's fucking great. Not so much because of the limited source material, but rather because it actually is a great album.

Both Aphix and M.E.S.H. just released an EP each, I think both are very good, although as what goes for M.E.S.H. I still prefer Piteous Gate and think the last two tracks are by far the best. Anyone else who's listened to any of them?

Anyone like 4hero and many aliases up in here?

youtube.com/watch?v=cfHtqMOZcZc

I have listened to Two Pages a whole lot, I really enjoy the first part of that album. The introduction of upright bass is a really simple thing but it adds so much.

This is a fantastic album that no one on Sup Forums has ever heard of.

i'm fucking loving this righrt now, i heard "let your body learn" in a club on saturday and it was mental

I found this once on some random Sup Forums thread somewhere between half a year and a year ago and have never seen it brought up since, which is a real shame because it's a genuinely great mixtape. Wync's other work is still solid, but not quite as good as Inhale imo.
youtube.com/watch?v=xYBXClUnnGM

I feel like Nitzer Ebb hasn't aged as well/had as much direct influence as the more atmospheric, grim industrial music of that time. It sounds a little campy these days, imo. I would flip my shit if I heard "Let Your Body Learn" in a club, though. That sounds like a great time.

Not exactly a remix, but there's an amazing cover of Drake's "Hold On, We're Going Home" by Bear's Den on YouTube. Much better than the original.

I've never heard of this indeed. Care to elaborate a bit?

His voice is a bit too average for my taste but yeah it's definitely better than the original.

lol

I honestly don't understand how all kinds of different, experimental electronic music doesn't dominate /mu or at least is discussed more, it's 2016 for fucks sake.

Anyone here know this album? Incredible jazz with offbeat production and hip hop influence, but never seems to get any traction when I mention it in jazz threads. One of my favorites.

A lot of stuff on the International Anthem record label is really fucking good, and seems to be unheard of.

Most of Sup Forums are rocktards or listen to memerap

can we talk about how batshit crazy this album is? i can't believe more people didn't freak out about this thing when it came out. i've never heard anything so complex and relentless before. the composition here is absolutely insane, and i mean that in the literal sense of the word
youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z7xiH9Kcg

You guys all are posting interesting albums, but have you heard this hidden gem from the 90s? The Japanese were truly the masters of dub music.

why did this become such a huge meme? it's not even that good