PHOTOSHOP IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

gimp.org/news/2018/03/26/gimp-2-10-0-rc1-released/

Attached: 48px-The_GIMP_icon_-_gnome.svg.png (48x48, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Release:2.10_changelog
wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Release:2.10_changelog#Core
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like you forgot about the millions of normalfags that thing quality editing software = photoshop.

Photoshop has been dead in the underground scene for years already.

Can it draw rectangles?

Not yet.

soon my friendd

Can it do IMPACT TEXT?

>It's nothing
wew.

of course.

Attached: gimp.png (640x400, 88K)

>in the underground scene
pls tell me more about your secret club
Ps remains industry standard btw

he's probably an unemployed faggot

second this

>last stable release was almost a year ago
I dont care what edgy dark themes archfags can use on their gimp if i get nothing out of it.

Attached: 1522049799466.png (404x399, 9K)

>It's nothing
That's only a small fraction of the total changes going into 2.10

wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Release:2.10_changelog

What the fuck is the image editing "underground scene"?

rare pepes obviously

Using 2.8, really glad about the upcoming 2.10. Particularly about the new processing library, more "perceptual" options and LCH, and tons of other improvements (unified transform tool, group masks, etc). I bet there's other features but I'm too lazy to read all of them. The theme looks better too but that's not so important.

Attached: patch-front-fish.jpg (772x477, 69K)

The latest version is pretty good

Attached: the gimp.png (1440x870, 174K)

another cool example. technically, you could do something similar with YCbCr maybe, but with a lot more steps and indirectly.

Attached: color-blend-modes-vs-tonality.jpg (772x378, 61K)

Too bad its still gtk and suffers from a file picker without thumbnails. A literal image editor WITHOUT THUMBNAILS

Yeah right neetlord
Lmfao

is everyone in the gimp foundation blind?
it still looks fucking hideous

I'll wait for krita to bodyslam gimp

how so?
anyway if you care about skins I don't know what to tell you. and Krita vs GIMP is apples vs oranges, they exist for different purposes

I won't even pirate photoshop anymore, all they do is add needless features and always online crap. I just use photosop 2.0 or newest gimp

there's not much you can do with g*k

>windows

krita is far more usable and nice looking, but unfortunately it's focused on art production and not general purpose image editing

gimp is so fucking crap I uninstalled it
it's easier to draw shapes using ascii than with gimp

why don't they switch to qt or something else then?

looks amazing, will it finally work on HD screens?

industry standard is just buzzword meme jargon to justify people getting vendor-locked to what is often proprietary software

krita is for drawing and gimp is for editing images. I hope you don't also think photoshop is for drawing.

>why don't they switch to qt or something else then?
Because Qt is not free as in freedom (in Stallman sense) and GTK stands for Gimp Toolkit

Maybe this will stop the "searching for fonts" on every startup if you add some after install.
Even uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix that.

>why don't they switch to qt or something else then?
Too much work and gtk is literally the gimp tool kit

>image editing
might as well lick a ball sack while youre at it

except it's the truth
"proprietary software" is just linuxtard meme jargon

It has a pretty clear meaning, just like when a restaurant tells you it uses a "proprietary blend of spices" in one of it dishes, and you can't really know what you're putting into your body or how to recreate it if you like it.

Looks beautiful, there's no way Photoshop can beat that.

Attached: gimp-2-10-rc1-bug-reporting.jpg (914x662, 136K)

Came here to say this. OP is a fucking retard.

If they had a normal fucking logo people might use their shit software. I need to get real work done so I'll stick with Photoshop thanks.

>gnome
Can't be more beautiful

"industry standard" also has a clear meaning, it's what the majority in the industry uses. and they will laugh at you if you use something different.
>you can't really know what you're putting into your body or how to recreate it if you like it.
jesus christ how horryfying. I'm sure it's botnet spice and I should only eat from my garden and bake my own bread from now on.

I figured you were going to continue the game of saying something incredibly similar to me, but I don't think you're being very reasonable.

and after reading the rest of your post, I can't help but wonder why you're on Sup Forums at all. You clearly have some very harmful views.

oh right, forgot thats what it stands for

well they gotta do something, gimp is unusable

>I hope you don't also think photoshop is for drawing.
no, but photoshop's ui is common sense enough that you can use it for decent bitmap drawing/art, image editing, vector drawings,

gimp sucks at everything it's designed for

yes, but photoshop is actually a good program that gets things done

>I can't help but wonder why you're on Sup Forums at all. You clearly have some very harmful views.
Wow do you even read yourself sometimes? You sound like you're being ironic, did someone violate your safe space or something?
>"how dare you deny that all paid software is evil??"
Because I'm not a conspiratard? Photoshop is by far the best software and the choice of most pros. If you disagree I suggest you go outside sometimes.

They recently added a line stabilizer for drawing to photoshop so people don't need to rely on lazy nezumi anymore.

>fatal error: fatal error:

>there are people browsing this website right now that really believe this

epic

What's the new fresh thing in the underground scene, then?

Wait, gimp couldn't mask layer groups till now?
Fucking kek

Daily reminder that anyone who unironically uses the word "harmful" is a cunt.

Yes, it was lame. Better late then never I guess. Still I'm glad they're doing real progress and not doing "it's not a bug, it's a feature" schtick.
Frankly GIMP made a lot of progress through years, used to be p.shit t b h

call me when you have 16 bit colour

*dials ur number*
wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Release:2.10_changelog#Core

>Use photoshop
>Tools are actually intuitive to use
>Keyboard shortcuts make sense
>Easy to use

>Use paint
>Simple to use
>Quick

>Use gimp
>Making a transparent background is like 4-5 different steps
>Its UI is similar enough to PS, but it just doesn't have any of the good PS features

Sorry but photoshop and paint are simply just better for someone to pickup and use (yes paint)

Gimp is quite powerful but it takes a while to get used too. It's just not as intuitive as PS

I disagree. GIMP has a lot of quirks, sure, but if you figure out its logic, it becomes really convenient and not hard to use at all. Give exact cases where you think it's inconvenient.
>PS: Keyboard shortcuts make sense
what if I told you you could remap any of them in GIMP? And btw there's no stupid limitations like "don't use CTRL here" and you can search the whole list of shortcuts by name. Just saying.
I've mapped every thing I use. E.g. blur, desaturate, etc. Speeds up my workflow quite a lot.
>Making a transparent background is like 4-5 different steps
how so?… not sure what you mean, just make an empty layer.

Take a good look at the top of the page. A good, careful look. Do note that it clearly says "Sup Forums - Technology" up there. Vague? Yeah, maybe. I'll leave it to you to decide whether or not you'd like to argue with the other freakshows over what "Technology" encompasses. I don't have a dog in that hunt. I just want you to understand that it clearly says "Sup Forums - Technology" and not "Sup Forums - Fat NEETs Use GNU/Linux to Freedom LARP" as you seem to think it does.

Attached: 1502612386864.jpg (2272x1704, 1.28M)

You really just sound likes someone who has used Photoshop and Paint for a long time and hasn't used GIMP for a long time
Layer > New Layer

The paid part doesn't matter. I'm talking about free as in freedom.

Normies using worse software due to popularity is not a sign of it being any good. see: windows

Didn't mean for it sound like when tumblr people say "problematic", it's more like not taking free software seriously just kind of makes you a huge faggot that is making the world a worse place.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but consider the fact that technology is a super general term and to decide you want to participate regularly in a board about technology shows that you're likely an enthusiast of technology. Such enthusiasts should care about some of the things a normie will dismiss as laughable or a waste of time. It's because of this that you see many people here who care about GNU/Linux and free software. This isn't just a place to come and say "Hey, I have a computer too. Hello fellow owners of computers." We actually get into technical detail, discuss ethics, and think about the current state of things in regards to technology.

So basically imply everything non-free is evil. You vilify intellectual property and everything corporate ? Convenient to do when it's not your work, isn't it. Or when people plain copy others' ideas.
If you assume everything closed source is botnet, then you're simply making conspiracy theories. Good luck with that. It's not an argument, by the way.
If you complain about not being to edit source code, well look at GIMP. This is what you get with freedoms. A reasonably good clone of a commercial product. Which many people hate, for a reason.
Pros need to get a working tool. Adobe does the job. They don't care about rest and ethics of it. They won't settle for a half-assed solution. They pay the money to make more money.
Let me make it real simple, ok?
Photoshop: fast, non-destructive, automated, shitton of features and filters, has CMYK and basically everytihgn business needs
GIMP: none of that. I can go in detail but you don't sound like a pro.
That's why I assume you have never actually used Photoshop for pro work and a here to basically rant about "normies". Because I'm sure you have no idea of how professionals work.

Can it save?

is it just me or does the pepper look slightly different

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 36K)

looks pretty fucking cool, one less program looking like it's 1998

it looks like a 1998 program with a dark theme

well, maybe in 20 years will get a minimalist one

>not taking free software seriously
>making the world a worse place.
stop with the hippie preaching, and don't get angry that people don't care about your agenda. because free software is not in any way better than commercial software.
Adobe made world a better place by developing Photoshop. GIMP only copied it and made it accessible to poorfags. And it resulted in very little good work produced, but plenty godawful work. Because 99.9% of pro artists and designers use Adobe products. Anyone who had skills worth a shit switched to Adobe long time ago.
the "world" can go fuck itself, it isn't entitled to take others ideas for free. they don't want to pay for better products? I also want a lot of things for free. go ahead and work for free. let's see how it goes for you.

lmao what the fuck
Sup Forums is hilariously delusional sometimes

>mfw i need to petition my university's IT board and have a professor sign off on it to get any software updating on the PCs

Attached: 1521099854661.png (290x342, 139K)

the default theme is pure ass, thankfully you can change it
why people think monochrome icons are a good idea, i will never understand

Attached: gamp.png (1479x816, 77K)

>in the underground scene
where can I apply?

>the default theme is pure ass
werks for me
>why people think monochrome icons are a good idea
they aren't. it's just the hottest 2018 meme, "minimize design to the point where you're not sure it's a joke or not"

Why do people shit on gimp?
I mean it's free in price, and it does what I need to.
As far as free software goes it's actually pretty fucking good in my opinion.

They are literally butthurt they bought PS after it being taught in school and GIMP being slightly different so it rendered it "unusable". Also, shills.

The truth is, GIMP is not as bad as most seem think
I believe half of the bad rep is association with all the deviantart trash and poor quality "fire text" made with it. The other part is GIMP's rather rough look and feel (note that IIRC, single window mode isn't enabled by default, which goes to show). Add to that the confusing interface (see: gradient editing, path handling, no circle/shapes, etc), and it's not surprising people hate it.
>bought PS
>being taught in school
>shills
>being that oblivious

Also, to add to this: when it boils down to actual disadvantages, there's several. Overall, GIMP workflow is slow and destructive. In Photoshop, there's stuff like smart objects, adjustment layers, previews, and so on, and it helps you quickly edit stuff on the go while preserving the original file. Also it has good tools for batch editing and automation. And there are other advantages such as file type support, native CMYK support, color handling, etc.
Meanwhile in GIMP, once you apply any filter, it's irreversible. Some actions and filters are ridiculously slow. And most automation is limited to scripts etc.

This, it's really good for a free product. Photoshop vs GIMP is such a dumb debate because one is free and one is $20/month. Of course GIMP is less powerful.
I will be downloading GIMP 2.10 when it comes out

It looks more like photoshit. Absolutely disgusting.

What is this furfag shit?

Attached: gimp-2-10-rc1-dashboard.jpg (950x685, 122K)

I don't understand how this meme even exists

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-03-28 14-34-11.png (1198x897, 88K)

where is my ellipse tool?

lol how did Photoshop make the world a better place? Because paid retards can touch up photos of models and famous people look less fat?

Legit what positive change has occurred due to photoshit's existence.

> want to draw simple geometric shapes
> not using a vector tool like Inkscape

Adobe made world a worse place by forcing (often with illegal anti-competitive methods) their awful proprietary shit on people

Qt has been free as in freedom for over a decade you goober.

>the underground scene
toppest kek

Anyone who claims photoshop is a bad program is a brainlet, no doubt. You can shit on adobe but photoshop gets shit done fast and good.

>Photoshop has been dead in the underground scene for years already.
I think you spelled "unemployed" wrong.

>gets shit done fast
Keep telling that to yourself while you wait 5 minutes to start up the damn thing and get to actually start working.
t. Hates PS, but not as much as GIMP

>5 minutes to startup
Are you unironically using a single core processor? It takes like 15 seconds max on my dual core 1.6 ghz laptop.

>4 guidelines
>1 rectangle
pretty fucking efficient m8

guidelines are not necessary unless for alignment. by the way, you can make a selection and then press image—guides—make. this will create 4 guides automatically.
what you must do is rectangular selection, convert to path, stroke. I admit this is not as convenient as Ps though. still it gives you a full path
there's another way by making selection border, but I don't use it

Ps starts way faster than gimp for me
It's funny but it's true

GayMP will never surpass Photoshop faggot

I like the peeking Wilbur at the top :3

I really dislike it

that image is photoshopped

THE CURRENT STATE OF GNU
and this is why people hate linux wrongly
linux has nothing to do with it
it is ALL GNU'S FAULT