Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zxKIkf8ORCI
youtube.com/watch?v=eQH5RJM3Gxo
youtube.com/watch?v=u3v0DZemTp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

daily reminder to not respond to bait you stupid faggot idiots

rate

holy shit im so glad this is a thing now
i keep having to search for a thread when i wake up instead of just opening this one and being linked

frend reminder !
ppl in \gg\ are kids and bad and bad advice ! do not listen to not pros and go to pros instead !
i will now to shitpost eventually

> doesn't even meme right
You bring great shame to your kin and yourself.

Thoughts on bassbreaker series?

Loved my time with the 18/30 and am starting to consider the 45 over a deluxe reverb

tasteful as fuck. you even managed to find a fully bound axe with gold hardware that doesn't come across as ostentatious. are those coil taps? do you use them much?

I am pretty keen on getting my hands on a Bassbreaker 15, IMO the best thing Fender has done in the amp department for a long time.

Agreed. Beautiful modern designs too. Love the black tweed look.

I haven't tried the 15 though. Do you think the lack of a reverb built in is bad? Or is a reverb pedal in the effects chain a good substitute? (There is no effects loop)

i'm already wasting time shitposting, i'm not going to spend anymore time looking for an old hag in the archive

yep, coil taps. I use them a lot, especially humbucker bridge + single coil neck. Actually im planning to sell both lespaul and tele because i dont play them much ever since i bought the jackson. Its so comfortable and sounds so good. I play metal, rock, jazz, blues and some other slow stuff with it. Honestly, i cant explain how much i love this guitar.

Anime is trash

>replying to yourself

pfff

just give in user

also anyone have the seymour duncan vapour trail?

I'd opt for a reverb pedal, and the 15 watt does in fact have an effects loop, the 7 watt model does not how ever.

huh, weird they mixmatched different features in each model

reverb and fx loop only in 15
footswitch and channel selector only in 18/30
presence and attenuator only in 45

45 is most appealing to me with 59' bassman circuit

fender's choice to use EL34s in the power amp is intriguing. they almost always use 6L6s or 6V6s. the only exceptions i can think of are the bassman 300 pro, which uses 6550s, the blues jr with EL84s, and the 'twin amp pro tube' with 7581s. it makes me wonder if they're using a typical fender tone stack or if that's off the beaten path as well. i haven't seen/heard one in person yet

wat no backup guitar? i dunno man, only sell if you absolutely need the cash.

nah but i do appreciate the volunteer babysitting. truly the lord's work

backup guitar is uneccessary for me since i only play at home :P

hmm. still useful for home recordings. things get stale if every layer is the same instrument. i feel like a divorce lawyer giving the obligitory try once more to work it out speech

Not him, but it isn't the tool, but how you use it. Even with the same guitar, it can be played many different ways. That's not even counting different pickup settings, tone selection, amps and pedals and effects.

ahahah no worries tho, i will buy a semi-hollow after i sell them. btw i also dont do recordings. i only play the stuff i like and thats all

no no no

just buy more things

you're right, but it's still true that every instrument has it's flavor and that flavor is exaggerated as the layers pile up. having a variety of amps helps as does something like a coil tap. there's still no way to play a guitar to make it sound like *not* that guitar. from experience, the power of heavy multitracking is directly tied to instrument variety.

I love my Spider iv. Everyone shits on this amp and for what? Most people give this amp a bad rep because they can't dial in a good tone. Scooped mids and too much bass isnt good. You have to raise the mids and lower the bass then add some reverb and it sounds fine. What do you think?

ive seen the same text last thread

Youre right it was me. Just making this point again because it went largely ignored. It isnt a bad amp at all certainly a tube amp can destroy this but it does well with introducing so many effects. It is a good start.

oh oki

Can anyone recommend a small amp on the cheaper side for my Martin LX1E? I'll be using it mostly in my apartment and the occasional coffee shop.

>it does well with introducing so many effects
That would be it's only redeeming quality. and even then, multifx pedal just do a better job overall. To me, this amp sits in a very awkward spot among all other practice amps. It's still better than a berhinger

What are some better practice amps out there that would be superior to the line 6?
I honestly dont know what to get after this amp.

>Everyone shits on this amp and for what?
It's a Line 6

check H&K tubemeister 18 and blackstar ht1-r

The distortion on this is way too fizzy, fluff did a video where he tried his best to make it sound good, and I think it just sounds acceptable, but nothing more.
youtube.com/watch?v=zxKIkf8ORCI
If you just have 100$ to spend on an amp, either save your money or buy an interface, pirate some plugins and run some amp sims, there's no point in these small, cheap bedroom amps.

if you already have it as a practice amp, just keep it and save up to buy a good non-practice amp later

if you're looking to buy a practice amp, just search around there's a ton of stuff

C U B E
U B
B U
E U B C

Line 6's higher end amps seem more phenomenal and also the high end multi effects pedals.

UBUU ?
B B ?
E C ?

I agree that it is handy to have a secondary guitar for recording, a guitar has tone knobs and separate pickups but it will still sound much alike regardless of separate takes.

Get a real amp and then you will realize the flaming pile of garbage it is, hell even a peavey vypr or roland cube amp is a better choice or if you want tubes go a small wattage head; Blackstar, orange, H&K etc.

Familiar with the Liine 6 DT25? certainly not a bad amp.

Not compared to a quality tube amps.
>Familiar with the Liine 6 DT25? certainly not a bad amp.
Garbage (in comparison)

>kek

>he doesn't have an UUBU

In comparison to what? Hardwired boutique heads that cost 3 times as much and do 3 times less?

I feel as if you haven't played one.

its

UU

BBB

EU E

U

B

C

Would a Micro Dark do the job? Then what about the cabinet? A matching orange or something else.

>Hardwired boutique heads that cost 3 times as much and do 3 times less?
I feel as if you haven't played one.

>do the job?
For... a practice amp?

As a practice amp why would you get anything different than a cube or something in that vain.

eh, I wouldn't bother as it's merely a practice amp that you would have sitting on your desk in your office, if you want orange then get a Tiny Terror or Dark Terror

Yep for a practice amp. I could imagine it being used for gigging but certainly small gigs not clubs or bigger. Who knows.

Well, you are wrong on that one, and what would be your point? you haven't even subjectively critiqued what it is that you don't like about it, just throwing around the 'ol but its Line 6 and worse yet copy and pasting me prior response as a retort.

I have a Micro Dark. Haven't gigged with it but I'm positively sure I could, I jammed with a bassist and drummer and didn't even turn it all the way up.
Do yourself a favor and get a 1x12" though. The 8" they offer doesn't cut it.
Also the tone knob sucks dick compared to an actual 3 band EQ.

When they say all F's are sharped does that mean the F's on top or bottom as well.

Post pics so I can envy you

Also try some fender amps, they got some smooooth cleans

>Yep for a practice amp
Then it doesn't matter. Just use it to practice.
>Well, you are wrong on that one
I doubt it but please tell more about how great Line 6 amps sound like!

If I were to hypothetically gig with a Spider iv but the 75 watt or higher. How much shit would I get for that?

The single sharp symbol applies to all Fs, regardless of register. It is unusually explicit about this on the top right of the page.

I have used one both with and without a pod floor unit, I prefer just using the amp with separate pedals going through the loop, and there you go again with the ''hurr durr its line 6 so its inherently shit''

Why would you want to? If you get in a band as a guitar player you should always aim to improve on as many fronts as possible including your tone and gear. Gear should never be a limit. The only possible reason I can imagine why you would use it is if you are in a weird experimental band where the spiders sound is exactly what you are looking for.

Yes i saw that, I"m learning on my own, not that that's an excuse but I was confused because honestly i'm not sure if the other F's
on the 4th and 6th string were considered F's and maybe not F minor or something other.

Thanks though.

But why would you want to go from the 15/30 watt to the 75 watt? assuming you are that is, I would concentrate on upgrading and bettering your gear, not buying the same turd but bigger and smellier.

>defending line 6 amps
they're just shit, don't try and fluff it up

yes, i've tried even their high end stuff. Just isn't good

however, they do make other good units that aren't amps

NP, it's nice to call in a santity check evey once in a while when learning shit on your own.

Yea, I use a Pod X3 all the time at home (apt w/ paper thin walls) and the idea of attaching speakers to a piece of Line 6 gear just seems antithetical. There's a use-case where modeling really shines and it isn't in a live situation.

Glenn did it better

youtube.com/watch?v=eQH5RJM3Gxo
2:45

>soon will be flying with my gear
I'm super scared.

>doesn't try anything but the metal and insane channels
>calls it a review
why do people do this
I'm not a fan of the amps either, but at least show off other stuff

huh, it's pretty flat and certainly only gets worse as you stray away from power chords, but I'll be damned if I don't own a ton of metal albums with way worse guitar sound lol. i wouldn't expect a new player to tell the difference

as you should be. traveling to gig or moving in general? if traveling have you looked into renting gear?

No fucking way, this dude right here proves it actually sounds good, you fucking nerds don't even understand.
youtube.com/watch?v=u3v0DZemTp4
pls buy my albums

I own a line six fm4 this thing is so beast. Not that i can explain what its doing, but pushing feedback through it then twiddling nobs is about the most fun i ever had. Its pretty intuitive and some of the envelopes sound fat through a bass.

You should be

What the fuck man

Just played through an amp for the first time in nearly a year, goddamn. I missed it. Amplitube with headphones isnt the same. And it was just my shitty old 20 watt Raven solid state...

Anyways, I wanna get an amp again. Tonally, I'm looking for an amp that has a "punk" breakup (even tho I dont play punk). I dont wanna go over 400 or 500, and Im living in a house with a bunch of friends next year so Id prefer something that either has line out, attenuator, master volume, etc. I sold my AC4TV a year ago because it was too loud, but Im looking for something along those lines.

What model guitar does Jeff use live (accoustic) anyone know? Sounds warm as hell

wooooooooooooooow

Why does it say "Line 6 Spider IV 15"? All I can hear is a snare.

Nice but what amp do you use? That'll be the deciding factor for me

Pic related is what's left of a 1965 ES-335 (estimated $10000) after a flight.
You should be scared.

Moving to my new residence. I don't have family here so I can't leave anything.
So far the flight case has made me feel comfortable about the guitar(s) juuuust a bit more, still fucking scared though, because of TSA having the clear to open it and fuck around.

2 Guitars and 1 Bass. Maybe the 5 watt combo should come along too... Dunno, this would be easier if I didn't have so much gear I didn't want to sell.

fucking hell

Jeff Beck? Jeff... loomis? heh

Why would you have enough money for guitars that old and not spend the extra dime to take in your guitar with you in the airplane ?

Thus is mu. What Jeff can you assume
Im talking about?

Because not every airline allows more than just a small bag to carry on.

you about you fuck off and do your own research
nobody knows what you're talking about

This is /gg/. I'd assume Jeff Beck

You always have the option to buy a plane ticket for your guitar.

Oh, but I'm getting a rugged flight case, not just hardshell, with TSA locks and everything to avoid as much shit as possible.
But yeah, horror stories are everywhere, I even remember that dude from a country band making a song of his fucked by delta or AE or so guitar.

I'm kidding.
tobedesu, I only lurk /gg/ so I wouldn't know for real.

Because 90% of todays players are high gain players. I feel like with amp reviews you either get blues players who play A minor pentatonic all fucking day or you get high gain fucks. I fucking hate the tone guys like fluff and glenn get. They overcompress everything which creates such a boring flat sound.

It's pretty obvious that he is talking about Jeff Magnum but that doesn't excuse for being an arsehole. This is /gg/ we pick on the drummers not each other

That happens less and less often these days m8. Some airlines straight up only allow only one ticket per passenger, and some will just straight up get pissy with you for trying to take an instrument on board, whether there's room or not.

Thoughts on old Music Man heads? looking into one to replace my Fender because it's become such a nightmare, makes more sense to just buy a new amp rather than keep dumping money into it.

you should be allowed to carry at least one with you

just make sure to board early and get upset if they try and stop you saying its your right

>Stagg US10 Traditional Soprano Ukulele
>Kiwaya KTS 7
>Hendrix and James Hill

>seymour duncan vapour trail
I wants it.
Mite buy it on last week of july when I'm in clapland.

>A minor pentatonic
Not even with blue notes, just minor pentatonic.
I guess it's because it's easy to jam in the 5th fret.

You'd be buying an old amp that could become a nightmare?
Played with one once in a gig. It was beat up to hell, but it was nice.
They are basically hot rodded fender designs, just like music man guitars.

You have everything to lose by doing that, and they don't, they will simply put it under the plane and you'll have to pray to all the gods.

>Ukulele

I've posted extensively about what a horrendous ordeal my Dual Showman has been, and last night a shattered tube was added to the list of issues. The music mans seem a bit more reliable due to the SS preamp + most of them you see for sale have already been re-capped since the original parts weren't heing worshipped by toan-chasing blues lawyers, while offering a similar sound to what I'm going for. And they're cheap as hell.

You
You are pussiboi
Your fat sausage fingers cannot even begin to be able to fit on the oooukulehlehes intricate fret board.

or some shit like that

Well, you'd be getting alright money for the fender anyway, no much loss afaik.
Then yeah, my experience with an old beat up MM is that it looked banged like an old whore but ran nice.
They are cheap, that's true.
Not much to lose with them imo.

Fender probably can't be sold at this point, last guy who worked on it blackfaced it w/o asking and now that's part of the mess I need to fix with it. I'm basically left with no choice but to get it in semi-working order so I can play some big shows I have coming up, but I want to jump ship ASAP

>Your fat sausage fingers cannot even begin to be able to fit on the oooukulehlehes intricate fret board.
nigga please look at Iz whatshisname
ukes are just hated because of cocksuckers who think they're so quirky playing 4 chords on it