/ic/ here

/ic/ here

I wanna work on digital drawings and webcomics outside of my house. Is the new iPad worth it or should I get something else.

Attached: 2535F352-3851-442F-BE22-D500119FBC71.jpg (640x427, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/workstations/zbook-x2/index.html
forums.macrumors.com/threads/share-your-drawings-with-ipad-pro-apple-pencil.1938898/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>something else
This is what you should do.

What else?

I have an iPad pro with pencil.

Pencil is slippery as fuck making it very uncomfortable.
I recommend trying it in a shop before spending 100 euro's on it.

A real drawing tables is probably much better if that's your primary use.

Anything.

its the same diameter as a regular pencil, i just bought a rubber grip.

The iPad struggles to detect tilt and is an underpowered piece of shit running a phone OS. It'll be restricted to App Store trash, and if there's any "pro" software at all it's gonna be watered down junk.

Unironically get a Surface Pro 3 or 4 and install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. The consumer editions of Windows 10 like Pro and Home are filled with shitty toddler games and ads. LTSB doesn't have any of it but you have to pirate it because it's not for sale to the general public. You'll get an x86 tablet with a full desktop OS that runs every normal desktop application.

Attached: 1513983350751.jpg (1218x2186, 545K)

I think new HP workstation tablet has 4098 levels of pressure plus tilt support. It has Wacom tech.

Duckduckgo'd it.
www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/workstations/zbook-x2/index.html

Unironically dont listen to Sup Forums they will push chinkpads down your throat
The Ipad pro with the pencil is almost as good as a regular cintiq and much more comfy if you travel a lot or you are not at home most of the time.
Your best bet was to ask /ic/ itself instead of Sup Forums

Tilt is kind of a meme but I see your point

>lagPad
That piece of shit will be unusable in less than a year with Apple's malware killswitch "updates".

Attached: 1521078208824.jpg (1198x836, 249K)

Oh man, they fucking killed the iPhone 4 wwith the iOS7. I still have mine, it's so slow. Downgrading to iOS6 solves the problem, but you can't install anything from Store (not that you can install too much on iOS7 either), but they also harass you to update with notifications and so on..

>Pencil is slippery as fuck making it very uncomfortable.
wtf sweaty abomination you are when you complain about this shit. Apple sucks balls but the grip of their pen is ok.

Here's a draw thread that's been going for 3 years.
forums.macrumors.com/threads/share-your-drawings-with-ipad-pro-apple-pencil.1938898/

Check out some youtube videos on the topic. There are lots.

Make a budget and also consider alternatives within that budget.

Fuck off shill.

I have a iPad retina and a Wacom stylus(pressure sensitive, not rubber nib). Using Procreate is fine, but not something to be out in public as it seems to be a distraction. Also I’m very introverted. So it usually be spots for simple causual sketches.

I did fuck with one of the geniuses when he let me test the Apple Pencil and came back to furry. Although still never got full experience but upgrading might be nice.

is there anything superior to a iPad (2018) and Apple Pencil that performs the same tasks (using Autocad and shit) for around $400? Drawing with an accurate stylus is a must

I have the Pro, does the new iPad have the 120Hz screen or the True Tone display?
What is this iPad missing from the Pro model?

Attached: SSC_0029.jpg (1920x1280, 1.36M)

okay so the Pro has

A10X
4K video
Promotion
True Tone
P3 display
anti reflective coating
7mp FFC
quad speakers
Second-generation fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button
LTE-A in 4g models

basically nothing apart from the display and a stepped down CPU

Does anyone know if the new iPad has a laminated LCD? It sucks to draw on a non laminated screen, currently using an Air 2 and skipped the iPad 5 because of the screen.

it's not laminated

>he owns iShit

Attached: 1491447623745.gif (245x180, 674K)

>he doesn't own Apple products
what are you? poor?

>he's so poor he brags about apple products
LMAO

Attached: 1503687271478.jpg (966x554, 94K)

If budget isn't an issue: Microsoft Surface Pro 4. (8GB ram and up)

Attached: Illustration003maleC.jpg (1240x1754, 338K)

btw, I would consider iPad Pro if it at least had a fully functional OS. Otherwise it's just a companion for the macbook pro and an oversized iphone/ipad.

This is what I did. Cheapass surface pro 3 on Craigslist, run clip studio on it, under $300 total for something that runs a real OS where I can easily pirate stuff or maybe even install Linux. On the negative side, it's still better to learn to draw using paper

Actually these screen tablets transfers really well to traditional drawing in my experience since everything is 1 to 1. Just no Undo and shit, but you'll rely on them less as you get better anyway.

I want that memepad to draw sprites for muh gaymen
> inb4 get used surface