Best state for stem?

Best state for stem?

Is it still between Cali and Washington?

Attached: en.png (1200x780, 184K)

be urself and the rest will follow

maybe california
If you can't make it's best to b urself and the rest will follow

Don't move to this meme state. We're full.

It could honestly be Colorado at this point, Silicon Valley's become kind of old hat.

Anywhere. If you actually like what you study then you'll be above the median and have options.

Don't move to this meme state. We're full.

Washington, Colorado, California, Texas, Massachusetts, maybe a couple others

Ohio; move to Cincinnati and start your own company. Housing / office space is cheap, and there is decent infrastructure.

>Silicon Valley's become kind of old hat.
This is actually pretty true, though there are bigger job markets than Colorado. I'm currently back on the job market and flooded with calls and emails from recruiters looking for developers. Probably a good 60% of them are looking for people in or willing to relocate to Dallas or a suburb of that city. If you consider all of Texas, that's another 10%. Silicon Valley and the Seattle area do come up quite a bit, once in a while I notice Denver and the rest is just random places. New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston surprisingly come up just as much as Cincinnati, Des Moines, and Peoria.

About a year ago, I saw a newspaper article on tech startups moving to the Midwest. It pretty much said, people are fed up with the expenses, taxes, and bullshit you have to put up with when living and working in California. I've never lived in California, but I did live in Seattle until recently, and if there's a place with worse traffic, expenses, homelessness, gas prices, and adds an income tax on top of that, I would go nuts there. Any job description I get with California in the location goes straight to the trash.

Yeah it is, come to Portland my goy. It's like LA and Seattle but less shitty cause no sales tax, but still with that shitty smell.

Texas. They're always looking for tech people, and you get to actually keep most of your paycheck than having it wasted in high priced cities of WA and CA.

... where the buffalo roams?

LA

> worst traffic in burger world
> no sales tax because of absurdly high income tax
> high real estate prices and months-long waitlists for even shitty apartments
> shit and piss everywhere
Don’t come here.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x768, 304K)

Also, that sales tax will happen soon enough because the gubmint needs more money to waste on projects that never get off the ground.

this
colorado is fucking terrible
24/7 cold
never reaches above 30 degrees
always storming blizzard
no sun
plants don't grow
dry
everyone is mean
weed is felony

etc

fuck out of our state

>This is actually pretty true
based on what

>weed is felony
aint this a pro instead of a con?

no

ofc, thanks for reminding me that Sup Forums has been infected by retards

Please do tell what the issue with pot is.

For starters, ignore anywhere east of the Mississippi river. Unless The Goldman Sachs and friends are recruiting you, then you can consider Chicago/NYC.

>career mobility
Bay Area and Seattle, followed by Denver and Austin
>maximum take-home pay
Seattle
>want to work around white people
Denver
>want to own guns
Austin, and Seattle as long as they didn't pass that assault weapons ban yet

> seattle
> maximum take home pay
> second highest rents on the left coast

Unrelated to board and shouldn't be discussed.
Colorado/Utah putting in big money to attract Aerospace companies right now and become the next big tech regions.

There's a good deal of STEM in Washington County and the traffic, smell and housing situation aren't as bad. Taxes still suck.

I live in Aloha, the traffic here is just as bad as anywhere else in the area. The housing prices here are cheaper but still absurd. The crackerbox I’m renting is $1400/mo and that’s below market value. Oregon sucks. I don’t know when it turned to shit but the caliniggers will make sure it stays shit.

Someone, someday, will nuke all that shit out, and the world will become a better place.

If you are a low IQ idiot who can't make it in the west coast / bay area, maybe it's best not to work in software engineering

IT may be more your speed

Also the world will never be safe as long as the west is running it.

There must be a starting point, and we might as well just do it from the furthest left.

What's the best state for stem, /k/ and /out/?

Literally perfection, I mean that sounds like my perfect state

Massachusetts
East coast culture permanently btfos west coast and tends to attract older, stable tech companies and defence contractors (Oracle, National Grid, Raytheon, Autodesk, etc)
New Hampshire has some of the nation's most lax gun laws, is mostly forest, and has the White Mountains.

>as anywhere else in the area
nigga there isnt anything else in the area except for ocean and lava

DUDE

Attached: image.jpg (174x167, 11K)

Vegas is kinda comfy. Not a whole lot of job competition yet, lots of big companies in need of software devs, companies that typically offer relocation packages because no one in Vegas has the skills they need.

>Best state for stem
the state of Sup Forums

>Vegas
Good luck working on literal vaporware scams

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 9.38.49 AM.png (1232x668, 114K)

I like Mass more than Washington for tech

Virginia is very good for STEM as well. The area around DC (and DC itself) has a shit ton of jobs. A lot of government jobs too if you want to have a comfy job that you can't be fired from.

Only problem is the crazy amount of traffic in that area. I think it might actually be worse than anything on the west coast. A lot of people are moving to Richmond because of this, which has a much smaller tech scene but it's still very good. There's not much traffic in Richmond, and prices are low (for now).

I was thinking of working remotely. Can you still buy houses for like $1000 in Detroit? I'd buy an entire block and make a mini-neighborhood for myself.

I could use some advice on were to start looking for work. I am about to be done with my associate of applied science in programming. i will at some point get my bachelors.

+1 to mass. tons of sweet MIT startups coming out like nuTonomy

as a casual smoker with tons of interview offers, but trying to find a job that doesn't hair test this shit is so annoying to me

NH is full of redneck retards

source: grewup there

And they know how to have fun
source: go exclusively to nh gun ranges

>best states for STEM
>you're legally only allowed to work on solar energy projects or startup apps that get shut down after three years
Yeah, the land of opportunity ...

Attached: EXTREME POO.png (3240x2160, 120K)

Florida

Boston or New York

Attached: Mick%20McMenemie.png (620x342, 69K)

Those are both shitholes.

Colorado has quite a few tech companies, pretty lax gun laws even after Columbine and Aurora, and more parks than you'll ever be able to visit. Washington is surprisingly the same on guns and obviously better on stem, plus there's a shit ton of outdoor stuff to do if you don't mind near endless rain for a lot of the year. I've lived in both Denver and Seattle, definitely prefer Denver.

alcohol is 50 times worse than weed

I don't do either cuz I'm not a degenerate.

but them's the facts.

I just want to move to a state/city with few leftists(crazy progressives), good jobs, good gun laws, and reasonable laws/politics in general so I don't have to worry much about things

is there ANYWHERE you can smoke pot on weekends and not get fired ??
I'm losing hope

Based on the fact that markets in other locales are booming, but SF and LA are becoming lawless and homeless hellholes where a good engineer with a good job can only afford a 500sqft apartment. It's only a matter of time before the CA government starts actually handing out heroin rations to the homeless community, and then the North Korean propaganda about the US will actually be true.

Depends on what kind of work you're doing. I do almost all of my work remotely, so I chose to move to the Idaho panhandle. Sometimes I have to drive out to Idaho National Laboratory for a week or two, but it's a beautiful (if long) drive, and they're doing some really cool shit there, and I get paid a fuckton of money. But I chose to live in CDA because here's the demographics:
White: 97.6%
Black or African American: 0.4%
American Indian and Alaska Native 1.8%
Asian: 1.0%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.2%
Other: 1.0%
Hispanic or Latino (of any race) : 2.7%
It's fucking great. Plus there's no DUDE WEED LMAO idiots.

And it's gorgeous there.

Attached: CDA.jpg (3992x2242, 853K)

enjoy getting taxed out your ass to pay for Tyrone's 20 kids and their mothers

Texas.
Austin and Dallas will be huge tech hubs in 5-10 years as people fuck out of Cali and other high priced shitholes.

Massachusetts ain't shabby