Now that cryptomining is on deaths door and supply is returning to normal, what GPU are you waiting to return to MSRP?

Now that cryptomining is on deaths door and supply is returning to normal, what GPU are you waiting to return to MSRP?

Attached: IMG_20180327_190234.jpg (2048x1536, 801K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/ethereum
cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-paves-way-for-new-altcoin-support-with-erc20-upgrade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Asus' Vega64
probably the last one to return to MSRP considering it was one of the more popular ones for mining.
Once it drops I plan on a full rebuild with Ryzen.

>supporting Asus after they agreed to the GPP

So MSI? Whose the best mfg that didn't bend the knee to Nvidia?

Of the ones that sell both AMD and Nvidia

>Asus
>MSI
>Gigabyte

These are the ones who bent the knee for (((Nvidia)))*

lol you're going to be waiting forever. Too many gamer babbies with freesync monitors and nothing to actually use them with.

Attached: 1519765913984.jpg (3600x2400, 3.38M)

I have a dual PX227 setup and I'm waiting for a Vega 64. I'm kind of hoping to get a Sapphire Nitro+ for a not retarded price in the next few months.

>vega

Attached: 1522169249465.jpg (640x400, 56K)

>the already months of shortages became unbearable when bitcoin went up to $3000
>it's still $9000

surely you will get the gaming process unit, op

Don't talk SHIT about FreeSync!

Attached: CLOCK BOY BOMB MADE WITH POTATO ISIS.webm (540x400, 2.99M)

Bitcoin is not mined with consumer GPUs, altcoins do, and the difficulty and profitability have been tumbling as more and more plebs got into the goldrush late

Cryptomining is far more complicated than "whats the price of bitcoin"

Sapphire
Why would you buy anything else with an AMD chip in it?

user, I have missed a little of this story,
can u pls elaborate a little?
I really need to get some info on mining matters, pls do point some fresh info source to begin with,
truly yours late mining user...

>Bitcoin is not mined with consumer GPUs, altcoins do, and the difficulty and profitability have been tumbling as more and more plebs got into the goldrush late
>Cryptomining is far more complicated than "whats the price of bitcoin"
lmao as if you have a fucking clue, moron

I really need the market to calm its tits for a bit and let me do a rebuild. I don't have my eye on anything, what I want is to be able to comparison shop without getting gouged. I was already using this system for a good couple of years longer than expected when this nonsense started, and 2017's crypto BS added a year still to even that. So I've got a computer that was old three years ago, and it looks like I'll still be using it for the next year.

It's a good thing I've got reasonably good parts, or I'd be worried about a catastrophic failure that both forces me into an immediate expensive rebuild, AND forces me to lower my expectations of replacing a 6 year old machine. I can only put up with one of those at a time.

>>it's still $9000
Two things.
First, Bitcoin is currently at around $7800 and is still trending down.
Second, Bitcoin isn't worth mining with graphics cards, ASICs are much more efficient. There are currencies that can be card mined though, and they are also trending down. ETH is now around $450.
Now ETH is the most popular of the mineable currencies and when the mining craze really took off it was still around $900+ after the December peak and fall.
There have been peaks and falls along the way but it has been trending down over the three months since then and now it's sitting around half the price while becoming more difficult to mine. This means that the current rate of return is less than half the original predicted back when it was at $900, which is a serious issue for people who "invested" in mining hardware. They may have thought "it will pay itself off in 6 months" but now they're looking at 12 to 18 months ASSUMING it stabilizes around here.

Basically they're living on hopes and dreams. The second wave of goldrush prospectors who licked up the crumbs and may not even break even.

Been riding this R9 270X for a bit longer than I anticipated, so probably at least a 1060/480

bitcoin is dying and soon to be dead.
the prices were just upped to gouge bitcoiners and idiots alike they'll stay high to gouge plebs and consumers for a while all while blaming the dead bitcoin bogey man

>watch a youtube channel where the guy owns a pawn shop
>he gets people coming in with multiple GPUs who "didn't have the time to use them"
>they get offered like $200/each for bulk rx580s
>they actually accept the deal because they put their money into shitcoins and can't pay their bills
hahahaha
hahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>ausfag
>work in a cash converters unironically
>have had to start offering less and less for video cards because of crypto mining craze
>business doesn't want to risk buying dead cards
My most recent personal purchase of a (((working))) RX480 4GB was $60 AUD. Have had it running for about 2 months, and through GPU accelerated tasks, it's not shit itself yet. Games run just fine, temperatures are fine, have only had one card have failed fans, which was a Gigabyte triple fan card anyway.
The problem is, I can't sell them off for a profit if I personally buy them. Staff NDA-tier shit, you know?

why are there so many amdshills on this board?

how much do you pay as employee? Is it worth going to cashconverters to get cheaper cards? Or are they still going to up the price to jew levels?

Oh, the company is probably still marking them up for bullshit profit, I can guarantee you that.
Shit is a bit dumb, some other stores supposedly pay less per card than ours, but for an example, the RX580, we pay about $120 for the 4GB model, $150 for the 8GB. Also, it obviously depends on the actual brand/model, so something like a Sapphire Nitro extreme gaming RGB edition (Whatever the fuck they call their cards. I don't know off by heart) would be more than the reference.
There' have been bets between employees to see who can get the cheapest accepted price out of a card. Somebody came in with an MSI Armor 580, and walked out happily after accepting an $80 offer.
Employees get the staff discount, and typically we're allowed to buy them for what the store ends up purchasing them for. For example, I could buy an Asus Dual 480 8GB for $140, without factoring in discount.
The better options are things like GTX 970 (despite the >3.5GB meme), 980, and R9 380X. They're a somewhat rarer occurence, but when they pop up they can be bought for ~$250 for 970 (1050 Ti price), ~$300 for 980 (3GB 1060 price), and about ~$150.
Again, prices seem to vary from store to store. I've seen stores further north of mine selling an Alienware laptop, which we had a better specced model than them, for a lot higher than we had it listed at. Alternatively, I've seen the same store sell whole computers for less than ours. These are just some examples.

ASUS ROG STRIX Vega 64 MSRP is 950 USD now, what is MSRP?
I was about to get the ASUS Vega 64 until I heard about the GPP scheme.
Sapphire or Powercolor? Sapphire vega 64 is down to 800 usd.

You should have seen the graphics card survey thread. 95% of the posters have nvidia cards.

I'm not waiting for any existing GPU to return to MSRP. Linux kernel support as well as MESA support for some card named VEGA12 was submitted this week (Existing Vega56 and Vega64 cards are coded as the VEGA10 family). I'm guessing a line of cards replacing the RX 5XX series is coming in 2-3 months. I'd like to see those cards at MSRP. I'm also curious what NVidia brings to the table. Remember, folks, NVidia Pascal is pretty old. It's like buying a Haswell CPU, it's old and soon outdated even if you get it at MSRP.

>Pascal is almost 2 years old now
>RX400-series is almost 2 years old now
Yeah, hopefully soon AMD & Nvidia bring new stuff to the table.

>paying 200$ for rx580s after some coin retard mined on them 24/7
Not sure who's getting rekt here.

Everyone involved in this shitshow that is mining, even the ones not involved are rekt by it.

Sad

link

>What is Vega for $500, Alex?

>also forgets RX500
Just ignore him.

i was about to buy a 1060 (6gb) for 290€, i guess i should hold off then.

> GPP
What is that? Another jewfish trick?

Where the fuck did you find prices like that.

The cheapest 1060 6gb I could find in Europoor cost around 350 and this is from some unknown manufacturer. MSI cards go up to 400, gigabyte can be 500-600. It's ridiculous.

I don't see it getting any better in the upcoming few months.

While mining does seem to be going down and people are trying to sell off their rigs (with stupid high prices trying to break even), retards that are just catching up are trying to setup their own as well because "I know a guy who is rich now because of mining".

Additionally there is another business that is booming - people buy off cards from local stores and abroad, move them to another place and sell them in bulk at higher prices.

Also even if the stock of cards come back to normal, it will take months for retailers to lower the prices as they will cling to these premium prices for as long as they can.

Nvidia did not even mention mining or new cards yesterday. They could in theory fix this by releasing new gen and crypto-focused cards but it won't happen soon.

>and crypto-focused cards
Na, crypto focused cards have been tried but they don't sell because cryptofags want to sell the cards afterwards for maximum profit and they don't hold their value as well as graphics cards do.

I also disagree that interest is booming. Interest in crypto is waning. There's basically no good news in regards to crypto coming out, markets are closing up, regulation is coming in, all these things are harming what people were trying to make crypto be.

>tfw when i unknowingly did my rebuild right before the market went crazy
>got my 1070 for 400 bucks
>could probably sell it now for a large profit if i wanted to

Feelsgoodman

Check online retailers every day, basically.
It's a mini ITX version of the card, but it's the best i could get without going into the 350€ range.
Benchmarks seem to show it's more or less the same performance, though.

Asus spends over 10 years and millions of dollars developing their Republic of Gamers marketing brand. Nvidia thinks it has enough monopoly power that it forces companies to hand over control of their marketing brands in exchange for some "perks" that are really deals that they must have to stay competitive against other GPP companies. All gaming brands MUST have Nvidia exclusivity, they cannot claim that AMD cards are for gaming. This includes things like Strixx and Red Devil(for example, since Powercolor is an AMD exclusive partner)

Attached: 44e.jpg (400x400, 91K)

I'm still on a 6 core Westmere chip. 1050ti. I am in dire need of a 2700x and a beefier video card. Totally feel your pain.

Sapphire is a good choice, you can easily replace fans on their cards

That's not gonna fix it honestly, the problem right now is lack of memory chips. The phone manufacturers are gobbling up all the fast memory, so there's still a shortage. Making a dedicated crypto card, even with less memory used theoretically, still diverts memory from GPUs. And the only way that miners are gonna jump on a dedicated mining card is if 1) it is cheap 2) it is cheap 3) it is as or more efficient than a GPU 4) it is cheap

They can't resell a mining card to get out when the market drops the way they can sell a GPU. Mining cards would just exacerbate things at this point.

why you idiots bring up the resale point is beyond me.The secret is out, we know you've been using them to mine on, the only idiots buying these things for anywhere near msrp are buying them to mine with. you're not going to sell as many gpu as you think when they won't buy your burnt shit.

just buy an used mining gpu

Gamer kids will buy used burnt up GPUs. Just go look at the ebay listings and tell me those cards were not used for mining.

oh, i have

Attached: KEK.png (1550x642, 711K)

t. Cryptominer

Attached: Opera Snapshot_2018-02-06_003156_www.ebay.com.png (848x1042, 430K)

Attached: dumb.png (1069x432, 285K)

>Nvidia thinks it has enough monopoly power
>thinks
They actually do. Asus succumbed to it.

>cryotomining on death's door
>returning to normal
Yeah, right.

>tfw bought a 1080ti last summer for 750
>everyone told me to >wait for vega
>everyone thought the mining craze would stop and prices go down
>same card is now worth way over 1100

whos paying "inflated" prices now retards lmao

Yup

coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/ethereum

>worth over 1100
to miners

>0 bids
*breathes in*

>RX500
>implies anyone cares for some low-end "multimedia" cards

isnt it expected for MSI cards not to turn on the fan unless they get hot?

>one type of roblox currency may be temporarily having difficulties
>BTFO LMAO REKT IT'S OVER BROS
I want this shit to end as much as anyone else, but this is getting irritating.

The RX500 series were an okay lineup for people looking for a good mid-range video card that runs perfectly fine in games.
As much of a meme as Sup Forums makes gayming out to be, it's a fairly substantial driving force when it comes to video cards.
I'm not saying it's the only factor in play, but you cannot unironically deny that.

>the most established altcoin is low in value and continues hitting new ATHs in hashrate difficulty
>no big deal, ignore the massive amounts of miner cards on ebay or the upcoming proof of stake

Thats how retarded you sound

you know, i didn't think if that. but they are AMD cards so they're as hot as the sun anyway. My guess is that they also have flashed bios or something.

smaller mines aren't turning the profit they did before because of difficulty and price speculation. most of th rewards are going to the biggest mines. and that's why the prices haven't dropped yet. for the mines to stay in profit they need to keep expanding their operations.

Attached: 1521128220671.png (1500x1046, 1.58M)

>if you sell nvidia cards under one sub-brand, you can't sell amd cards under the same sub-brand
>card makers just make new EDGY XXXTREME sub-brand for amd cards
>no one gives a shit either way and never even mention their main brand much less the sub-brand of their GPUs and just refer to cards solely by the GPU model
>amd kiddies blame amd's marketshare and sales on this meaningless nonsense instead of amd delivering subpar trash every generation that's only good for mining

>Nvidia uses its monopoly power to take control of millions of dollars in advertising
>GPP doesnt allow these companies to establish new gaming brands as gaming brands must be exclusively aligned with Nvidia products
>retarded Nvidia fanboys have no problem with this

donno if I should get a 1080Ti now or wait for 2xxx series

Depends how long you've been waiting. Nvidia should supposedly release something this year, but take that with a grain of salt.
It might be worth waiting for 11/20 series cards, but if you've been waiting for ages now, you might be running on fumes.
t. GTX 590 user.

I have a GTX 970 which still runs current games pretty decently at 1080p. But I finally got myself a good job (I start next week) and I want to build a PC that can handle 1440p 165Hz. Same applies for Ryzen, I don't know if I should get the 2xxx or wait for Ryzen 2.

I also have a 970 (with a 1440 21:9 monitor) and while it struggles to keep up, i'd wait if i were you.
A 970 is still decent enough to be serviceable until Nvidia shows something new.

Msi GTX 1080 ti.
Then i'll tear off the normie cooling solution and add a Morpheus II Heatsink.
Then when people ask what that beast of a cooling solution is i'll cross my arms and say:
>"Oh this thing?, just something i threw together HE HE HE HE, *smirks* .

Attached: morpheus II pic 4.png (769x397, 408K)

Fuck, I completely forgot about the Morpheus cooler...
What's that, a quad slot?
Damn, now I regret selling my old GTX 680 4GB with the morpheus.

T H I C C

Attached: 1520436531269.gif (450x338, 246K)

EXTRA THICC
One of the reason i'm keeping my Enthoo pro full tower.
I'm a simple man.
i see beefy tech, i erect.

Attached: You+need+to+login+to+view+this+linkreminded+me+of+_d65cca2f0fa476a3d0c5ec9e5b561938.png (802x602, 288K)

How did crypto die all of a sudden? Im guessing because of all the scam sites and no efficient trading methods

technically it didn't die, Bitcoin is at least 3x today than it was only a year ago, same applies for the rest of the legitimate coins. It is just that the market was highly overvalued and it is going through a much needed correction right now.

Has anyone cashed out as a millionare yet?
I only find oldies from Obamas term.

Asus kinda circumvented it by moving amd gaming cards to the asrock with new gaming branding. It's much better than msi simply shitting on amd on every occasion, like showing nvidia cards in amd section of website.

Absolutely fucking retarded.
>You want to use more than one PCIe peripheral?
>How about I take up your entire fucking case volume with marketing advertisements instead?

The GTX 1080 since that was supposed to drop to $550 or less.

well now that the racketeers at the IRS woke up and started sniffing around, I bet people are a lot less eager to brag about their loot

people dint become millionaires overnight and are now pissed about it

Since then I already blew the upgrade savings on a 3d printinter, hardware mods for it and silicone casting materials.

Now I dont give a fuck i'm too busy studying ZBrush

>he thinks anyone in crypto is making loot

Lol

Stay deluded, etherium is getting a boost
cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-paves-way-for-new-altcoin-support-with-erc20-upgrade