>Have to download around 20GB to do some C#,JS,Python work

Why is this ok

Attached: 532235352.png (600x315, 6K)

Dotnet core + vscode

>Dotnet
>Botnet

>Implying dotnet isn't a botnet itself

ok right, to reiterate OP's question, why 20 GB, or you're just a shit troll

it's more sophisticated than vim so it has more codes than vim so the gb's go higher.

if you just want to do some c#, js, and python just use vi you fucking cuk.

>i had options an i chose one why is this okay

shit post is best post,
>sbibp

Op is saying you *have* to get vs to work on C#,js&python
But op doesn't. You can use dotnet core and vscode and it's not 20gb

But other IDE's don't need 20gb.

Other IDE's are not as feature rich.

If you ever get a job you will learn to appreciate everything visual studio can do. It's the most powerful development environment hands down

I would never. Windows 10 is .iso is 4.4GB. How the fuck can an editor exceed that?

How many fucking features do you need? Jeez, you'd never use them all, or even crack the surface at 20gb. You might as well stick with something you're actually going to use.

jetbrains....

Because it isn't a text editor, user. It does shitload of stuff and it does it well. If you just want to "do some C#, JS, Python work" and have no need for a proper IDE - you can opt for just a text editor of your choice.

The debugging mode is god-tier. Also the simple ability to hover over anything and instantly see which header it's in/ line it's on has saved me so much time.

You will if you're writing, say, a cross platform web application on asp.net core 2, with SQL server back end, an object relational mapper like entity framework, an angular front end, all hosted in cloud. You are touching many pieces of the .net framework and it all has to work together. Truth is there is just so much shit involved to make even a trivial application these days, that 20gb is just scratching the surface for a development environment. There's a big difference between the size of a published application and what you need during development. Big fucking difference. I could go on, it also has to do with the way assemblies are managed and blah blah. It's actually pretty cool. All that shit is useful I'm telling you

>js python
You don't need an IDE at all for these. You can use nodepad. Can't speak for C#

Define "something you're actually going to use".
Going from VS to Android Studio or Xcode feels like changing a Toyota for a unicycle.
If you only need a text editor - use a text editor. IDE is not a text editor.

Just use Rider for C# and stop using JS/Python altogether

>20gb

sounds like the time I wanted to compile an android app from source. I had to download the SDK and a bunch of dependencies to rebuild this outdated android app that the dev was too lazy to do himself. That motherfucker. All he had to do was change two lines of code and recompile it

Can't it be done? Yes
Should you do it? No

Rider is just an ide, how you gonna compile your c# shit bro? Your still gonna need a fuck load of libraries just to get the dev environment set up, and why even fuck around with that shit tier ide when .net standard 2.0 is gonna be the new go to for multi platform development. Also, you probably gonna need js/angular/react for the front end as well if you're building anything worth a damn. Full fucking stack

Big brained post

You're a retard who selected everything in the installer, and a poorfag who thinks 20GB is worth caring about

>inb4 muh SSD
as I said, you're a poorfag if you care about 20GB

>he's too young to remember 500mb hdds let alone 10gb hdds

Don't try to be a smug cunt when you're coming from a position of inferiority m8, it just makes you look like a smug cunt.

Attached: 014_1521758085356.jpg (1600x2296, 397K)

It goes on a work laptop, storage space is their problem. 20GB to do your job is a small price to pay.

>he still living in the past
enjoy your punched cards

Lazarus is about 250MB.
Comfy freepascal is comfy.

you dont have download everything you fucking retard
c# js and python is around 5gb

Use 2010 version.

I know, it's a lot of bloat and most of the shit you won't ever use. But just surrender and do it. Even my professor who's obsessed with unix and vim finally bit the bullet and started using Visual Studio. Now he swears it's the best IDE on the planet.

Yep, I wanted to download Visual Studio on my work computer so I could practice C# .NET development over the summer instead of actually working, but I'm pretty sure they'd notice that much bandwidth usage.

Hafta admit, this user is right.
I was a total anti-windows/iOs, solely linux guy, but had to use VS for work & hated myself for appreciating it.