Be in college

>be in college
>28 year old gamer manchild with a huge ego who rages at people for no reason
>thinks he's the best and demands respect
>always relies on people to tell him what to do
>spent 20~ hours to set two firewall rules once

How do you deal with inept retards like these ones during college projects? Is computer science and IT a meme?

Attached: 1516328447916.jpg (300x450, 37K)

He has dedication if he spent 20 hours on it

You probably haven't studied for 20 hours all semester!

You'd have to be a complete autist to set rules in a firewall for twenty hours.

What the fuck are you even trying to say? It's not dedication to spend hundreds of hours on something that can be done in less than one minute if you want to establish firewall rules on something.

computer science is not the same as IT lul

Thought it was pretty clear.
He's dedicated.

if it takes you 20 hours to tie a pair of shoes (which is the equivalent of blocking something in a firewall), it's not dedication

a lot of unis in the US wants to merge it, at least in harvard

Aren't you glad he isn't actually good? Now continue learning shit, you're not supposed to get upset over every dumbass out there. There are worse than that guy coming.

Computer "science"

Having a literal autistic asshole that demeans people and can't do something on his own can be quite stressful in the class environment, it's not something you can simply ignore.

We also had lazy incompetents and sometimes you got stuck with them in forced group work.
And then roughly half the girls that were absolutely shit but kept around and even tacitly allowed to cheat... heh.

You're learning life lessons there, user.

>Having a literal autistic asshole that demeans people and can't do something on his own can be quite stressful in the class environment, it's not something you can simply ignore.

Your right and this is an awesome opportunity for you to learn how to deal with co-workers.

In the future you'll have an autistic demeaning asshole who can't do anything on their own trying to show that they didn't do any work this week because they were held up by you.

I'm dealing with another asshole. This asshole likes to spread false rumor, demean others, beg people for help and then demand respect from people because of his "hard work". What would be your best advice to deal with such people? Honestly, it baffles my mind there are people like this. What goes through someone's head to demand people for respect for copying off their work?

I can assure you, if you spend 20 hours tying your shoes, you are dedicated to it. Whether or not you're clinically retarded is another subject.

The further you move in your career the further away you’ll tend to get from these types.

>be in college
>chinese kid who doesn't speak english

How do you deal with these chinks? Are they talking shit about me in Mandarin?

I'm in Mech E and there are a ton of Arabians. They all do zero work when we are paired as lab partners and cheat like crazy.

>I dropped out of college
>never wanted to work
>did some freelance web programming gigs, but I hated it
>manchild, live with parents
>fail at everything, failed programmer, failure over all
>all people told me all life I'm a waste of space useless for society and to "get a fukken job", always relied on parents
>I still refused to get a real job, ever
>just when I was in total poverty, buy lots of bitcoin in 2011

>today I have more money than all people who studied, put lots of effort in projects, and tried to do good for this world

I love life and its irony :)

My uni gets groups to rate their members now, hopefully will stop people from slacking off

based

Turks do the same thing in Europe. They're so fucking inept and they want to be treated like kings. It's almost as if they want people to beat them up because of how insufferable and toxic they act.

Where are you from? Is that okey studying full-time at age 28? How many people here going for degree at that age?

For my Senior Design project we have weekly peer evaluations. Still didn't stop one kid from not showing up for 1.5 months, I kid you not. We asked the professor if he was still enrolled in the course and she said, well technically he can still pass so keep him in your group.

Fucker showed up yesterday to our meeting and acted like everything was normal. We have a presentation to give to the ME faculty today too.

Congrats user. I'm finishing up college but unsure about job prospects. Only had one internship. Applied to about 20 places, got one interview with Canon but I didn't get it. They wanted someone with more handson experience and I'm more interested in design and CAD drawing.

Be thankful he's not a female accusing you of mansplaining and microaggressions and getting you arrested for thoughtrape.

i actually had to deal with one of these subhumans that took one course instead of 2-3 courses each semester for the whole year, and because he had so much time, he'd often spend 10~ hours a day on some basic shit and ask people for their projects so he could copy it, and at some point, he told me "if you're not doing anything, i'll leave you", at that point, i wanted to beat him up because that's what he wants but it'd just give the subhuman a reason to demand reparations because i suspect he's pissing people off to get beaten up so that he can get money out of it

this is terrible, there's going to be one retard that'll vote somebody they don't like really poorly which will reflect on that said person's grade

there are a bunch of 25-35 year olds in my class, MIT

Lmao no one respects you.

IT and comp sci are not the same. you can have developers who are absolutely great in the software they develop while being clueless on network/transport level shit, PKI, Linux command line and databases, etc.

a LOT of devs at my company (one of the largest software companies in the world) run their internal servers on windows/MSSQL (despite it costing much more) because they can't figure out how to launch an X windows session or file permissions, versus windows where they double click the BAT for a given tool and permissions are much less granular by default (if you're in the administrators group, you can interact with something).

Multiple of my colleagues were ~30 when I studied. Some got bored or tired with their old job after >10 years of work. Others just want up on the career ladder. Many of them were very motivated and pretty good.

What's the problem? You're gonna work for another 35 years or something. And it might be worth to study even for 10 or 15 years.

PS: Of course burger-style immense student loans aren't good, but not everyone has those.

people need to watch forrest gump these days..

That's OK, I don't need respect.

What makes me happy is that now my parents who supported me all those years when I was jobless --- I can now support them and they can retire comfortably on the money I made by hodling BTC. If they live a happy old age that is all I want, to repay their kindness. I don't give a fuck about respect or contributing to society.

Why wouldn't it be okay? There's literally nothing wrong with someone other than a fresh HS graduate to go to college.
I don't understand why people think it's weird for someone who is 25 of 30 or 35 or even 40 to go to school

You should move to a better school. I doubt there are many stupid people at MIT or Cambridge.

you don't just 'move' into the most prestigious institutes in the world

Christ you're as retarded as the guy OP is talking about

I thought you were describing a typical Sup Forums guy lmao

OP sounds like a smart guy. He should have no problem getting grants and scholarships.

>spent 20~ hours to set two firewall rules once
Do me a favor and tell me what you use to practice firewall configuration.

do me a favor and build a space ship to drive me to mcdonalds

ask a proper question you subhuman

Most of these people drop out real fast and you don't have to deal with them very much. You are going to have to learn to deal with actual socially retarded people though.

Most of these autists decides to take one course per semester instead of two or three, which means you'll have to deal with them half of the time. Nobody quits anymore, and those who do, don't really act like egoistical assholes.

>What makes me happy is that now my parents who supported me all those years when I was jobless --- I can now support them and they can retire comfortably
You are a good boy.

>ask a proper question you subhuman
It's called a request. Fulfill it, if you can.

>do me a favor and build a space ship to drive me to mcdonalds

go fulfill it then

i prefer to watch your mother get fucked

>How do you deal with inept retards like these ones during college projects?
You put in the work and then explain to your lecturer what's gone down, lecturer then investigates shit tier partner who can't explain any of the work they did.

I've had to do it a couple of times when I went to university on good teams with the occasional sack of shit you sometimes get lumped with.

How do you know the lecturer won't snitch

Either don't deal with them, or deal with them and hold them accountable for their behavior.
I used to have to deal with a lot of these people in my D&D sessions and I ended up just cold shouldering them the whole time unless i needed something from them.
It just really infringes on my wellbeing to have to deal with people that have zero self-awareness.

Express to them that they should be humble, and explain your perspective.
Even if that means ripping a strip off of them.

>has no job
>but can afford lots of buttcoins in 2011

hmmmmm

It'll be clear as day user, you just have to not be a little bitch about it and have it be a unanimous decision amongst your team.