I mean.... no one would actually spend a fucking thousand dollars on bookshelf speakers... would they?

I mean.... no one would actually spend a fucking thousand dollars on bookshelf speakers... would they?

Attached: 912polk.promo_.jpg (600x450, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zMCyF400l1c
youtube.com/watch?v=zdkyGDqU7xA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would and I have, if you're buying tower speaker you're looking at a minimum of 2k for a good pair

No one is this retarded

Yes, audiophiles would.

Poorfag
You jelly?
*trollface*

Christ you're a retard, you probably bought some shitty tinny meme bookshelf or powered speaker shilled my some tech retard on YouTube

You don't wanna know what I paid for my SilberSand speakers.

Tell us.richfag

a thousand dollars?
what is this? entry level?

For speakers, you'll probably still hear audible differences in the thousand dollar range.

I would

Yeah they sound "different" but it'd be impossible to get any sort of ranking of what sounds better in a blind test.

Jesus fucking Christ. Took me a while to figure out how to navigate that retarded site, but I hope you didn't actually spend €30k on speakers.

i bet you're the kind of idiot that would use something like this

Attached: Razer-Leviathan-51-Channel-Surround-Movies-and-Gaming-Sound-Bar.jpg (1500x1000, 243K)

the fuck is that?

some sound bar piece of meme

Are soundbars meme now

kek.
Figured it was some kind of AIO PC for gamers.

I was considering getting a pair in order to spare my neighbors and my wallet. Ended up buying speakers with 15" woofers for twice the price....

Attached: uMKL1m3.jpg (854x1280, 120K)

I spent a little over $100 on my pair of bookshelf speakers and I felt like that was the upper limit of what anyone should spend on standalone, self-powered bookshelf speakers. Any more than that and you'd probably be better off getting a pair of good speakers and a receiver.

I want to know, I also would like some pics of them. Never heard about that brand before.

Blind test to a listener who has decent hearing? Sure. Anybody else who is retarded enough to fall for much Bose EQ V curve probably not. High end speakers arent for everyone, but you don't -need- to spend 1k≥ for perfectly or even objecticely acceptable audio.

*Muh Bose EQ

Why? There are some REALLY serious active monitors out there, just look at Genelec.

Sure but there are a lot more options out there when you start looking at receiver + speaker combinations compared to high end bookshelf speakers. And if you have a receiver + a pair of good speakers then you can always upgrade it later to a surround sound system just by buying a few more speakers and a subwoofer if you want to.

>And if you have a receiver + a pair of good speakers then you can always upgrade it later to a surround sound system just by buying a few more speakers and a subwoofer if you want to.
But you could do that with powered monitors as well if you have a processor instead of a receiver.

Again though, receiver + speakers is a more popular / standard setup so there are more options available to you if you ever want to change your audio setup.

What do you mean by that?
They are popular, for some reason, and were always complete trash.

>HSU research doesn't respond to sales emails
Anyone ever work with their customer service?

I got HS7s for free and I'm happy

Only if they weren't a poor worthless peasant.

poorfag living with parents detected

Trying too hard. Towers maybe, but not bookshelf speakers.

KEF LS50s go on sale for around a thousand dollars.

Small speakers are for fags

Attached: d588e24b578c9d6dd0f41fa48d6b2122.jpg (564x752, 62K)

>tfw paper thin walls where I live so I can only use headphones

How does it feel to have a speaker bigger then you

Attached: k-o)))n.jpg (2560x1705, 2.17M)

nah, you can do pretty well around $500.
If you're willing to DIY, the parts express Amiga MTs are really good for the money.
I'm planning to build the Linkwitz LX Mini soon which should be a considerable upgrade. I also have some klispch F-10s which are pretty good for movies.

they were never not a meme.
literally only a little better than built in TV speakers.

I have speakers that are half my size. It's pretty awesome.

Sound bars have always been garbage. In fact, their existence is a 'meme'. Putting speakers into a thin ass little strip? Barely better than television speakers.

>I mean.... no one would actually spend a fucking thousand dollars on bookshelf speakers... would they?
Nope
Expensive speakers are a meme

Check out this guy. AvE tipped me off.
youtube.com/watch?v=zMCyF400l1c

Full on speaker creation:
youtube.com/watch?v=zdkyGDqU7xA

REALLY expensive speakers made in low volumes feels like meme. But >$1K

Attached: The Sonus faber.jpg (1590x1600, 310K)

I just picked up a pair of ls50w’s for $1600. Best money ever spent.

To OP - yes, paying well over a grand for bookshelf speakers is a good investment. You will hear noticeable differences at the $100, $500, $1000, and $2000 ranges. You’re not paying for “loud” - you’re paying for clarity.

>needing expensive speakers and headphones
>not having all your favorite music stored in your brain, accessible whenever you want, at whatever volume and quality you want

fucking plebs I swear

Attached: 1492536988069.jpg (1280x852, 313K)

>>not having all your favorite music stored in your brain, accessible whenever you want, at whatever volume and quality you want
Can you stream it blutooth through my logitech 623s?

I have before, maybe you should stop being so poor.

You should have waited to save that 600 dollars. They were on sale on amazon for months.

Absolute faggotry detected

He is talking about the wireless version with their shitty internal amp and dac.

So I got no space for a subwoofer and I don't want to hang huge af speakers next to my 55pos9002, is the Nubert AS250 my only choice for a stylish yet not sucky audio device?

What is an audiophile? I have always wondered...I have a 12,000 dollar vinyl collection (upper end) some of which I have had since I was a wee lad, and I play piano, so I'm wondering do I qualify?

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-28 My Collection - Discogs.png (1296x59, 9K)

Would be fun to try to build speakers like that.
I wonder how good they sound irl

After owning the ls50's for 4 years, and hearing the ls50w's side by side with my ls50's, I disagree.

Maybe you should get a better amp/dac then, because they dont sound better than the passives.

I agree - they sound identical.

>12,000 dollar vinyl collection
What does this mean? Did one of your 50 cent records become the only one in the world? An audiophile is any idiot that spends thousands of dollars on headphones that have no significant difference from 300 dollar ones. Or any idiot that spends a grand on anaconda sized cables, crystals, and risers thinking that they affect sound.

I am poorfag and niggering from you white kids is so EASE E so I have no problemino getting this warez

What? For audiophole grade speakers that's not even that expensive, people spend 650 and up for CHEAP monitors. Y'all just aren't used to the pricing on professional quality audio equipment.

>though I'm perfectly satisfied with my 280$ edifier speakers

>tfw getting tired of speakers i have but don't know what i want

>$1000
well, aren't we being a frugal freddy

people on here spend $1500 on graphics cards

If I had the money, I would probably have the money for a good enough room to own tower speakers.

actually, its the other way around
japs are always compensating

what if i told you i put together a 3K audio system just to play ambient rain

>Did one of your 50 cent records become the only one in the world
Well one of them is an unopened Suicide Silence album that was bought at a concert and was autographed by the band including a lead singer who passed away a few years ago which is worth 800.00 unautographed...I have a bunch of classic vinyl from the 60's & 70's which are worth a small fortune, plus a bunch of limited edition numbered colored vinyl, I would not buy a crappy fitty cent album.