Tell me why Firefox isn't the best browser for privacy

Tell me why Firefox isn't the best browser for privacy.

Attached: firefox_containers.png (301x438, 8K)

Something something soros

Because it's made by communists.

Cliqz
>Cliqz
Cliqz
>Cliqz
Cliqz
>Cliqz

This.
can't trust mozi//a

Because tor exsists.
>muh nsa backdoor
still more secure than firefox.

Do you trust Mozilla less than other browser vendors is the question

Wat

Qutebrowser is simply the best.

it's moz://a you insensitive patriarch homophobe

If it's so good for privacy, explain to me why this piece of shit keeps fetching resources from websites I visit regularly when I start the browser, even though I've set "about:blank" as the homepage.

refreshing tracking cookies doesn't seem like a very privacy-friendly move to me

Attached: Untitled.png (707x1129, 62K)

>explain to me why this piece of shit keeps fetching resources from websites I visit regularly when I start the browser, even though I've set "about:blank" as the homepage.
For normalfags to have cool features. You can disable such features in the about:config page.

You probably haven't tinkered with about:config at all
there's a nice entry-level list on /cybsec/, but it should do its job for you

I can't. It's FOSS so you can compile yourself.

They donated funds to RiseUp. A communist email service.

You're both right, I just checked out the about:config page and there are settings to disable this behavior, I tried switching a couple of options and the issue seems to have been resolved.

Still, this prefetching stuff seems to be implemented poorly, the point of prefetching is to display updated content in the "Speed dial" startup page, so, there's no point in doing it if you've got any other page, such as "about:blank" configured.

I'll take a look at the cybsec firefox guide, thanks a lot!

>I have about 10 tabs open, none of them should be particularly memory intensive yet this happens
Really want to stop using ff right now.

Attached: HVBMaYh.png (790x120, 8K)

Nice get
>Firefox shit that devs shove down our throats is poorly implemented
Colour me surprised, but as long as you can disable it in less than 5 mins im ok with it

Attached: 1510929306910.jpg (890x876, 105K)

Maybe these memory leaks are specific to the developer edition? Have you tried using a normal release?

Should be more up to date than the common release, but will try anyway.

and with practically no bug testing

They gave them 100k while at the same time giving over half a million to other open source projects. Sounds like a huge overreaction to call them communists based on that.

Sounds like a nice thing. wtf I love firefox now

Telemetry is enabled by default and is difficult to disable. Use icecat.

What do those containers even do?

>difficult to disable
Back to facebook, normie.