Convince me to use GNOME or KDE instead of MATE

Convince me to use GNOME or KDE instead of MATE.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 936K)

I'd rather convince you to jump off a cliff.

I'd rather convince you to install gentoo

Install dwm

if it works without problems there is no reason to, however kde is getting seriously light, if they fix the bugs i would seriously consider convincing you to use it.

Mate is good though. I mean I prefer KDE but never would I shit on someone using Mate. Solid choice.

GTK is fucking shit, stop using GTK

Attached: dsa.png (1074x647, 1.18M)

MATE is perfection though

The first thing i would do is removing this blur and all transparency effects, as well as window shadows.

>using a compositor at all

>removing this blur and all transparency effects

Attached: 1416397034041.gif (300x173, 1.03M)

I can do it with just the picture you posted.
Menus are not the best way to launch applications, it is not even a good way to launch applications.
KDE uses a launcher, it doesn't take up screen space, it adapts to your usage so the majority of the time, it feels like it reads your mind.
KDE also have a much better hotkey system.
All KDE applications have a search where you can find functions and then you can set a hotkey for the function. If it conflicts with another hotkey, it will tell you.
KDE is the best DE if you want to always use a keyboard for things you know how to do and only need to use a mouse for things you don't do enough to remember or know how to do.

Convince me to use MATE over Xfce.

Why? If MATE works for you keep using it.

i3 much better

File picker

No x2go in gnome or kde.

>installing a de

Attached: 1520463487096.jpg (1584x1182, 126K)

Only faggots use MATE
Are you a faggot, OP?

Pretty sure MATE is switching to GTK3 and its going to turn into a dumpster fire
its time to let go

delete this

I can't, it doesn't even include a calculator

Attached: kde_annoying.png (557x459, 156K)

it's been gtk3 for ages

How about stop being a retard and use Windows?

using windows is too hard

Didn't realize the fire was already blazing

why?

Attached: 063322.jpg (645x729, 57K)

Projection much? Retarded GANU+Linshit user detected. If you didn't have a bottomless pit, you would use Windows or macOS.

Proprietary software = quality
Free and open source = less features abd never works

>using a DE
>using a DE that isn't xfce

Attached: 1522034876055.jpg (909x1080, 643K)

>I can't figure out how to use Gahnoo/Looniks so you're dumb

Attached: 1519299823060.png (350x420, 91K)

Ghanu+shitnux is so bad it's embarrassing. There's bot even a setup wizard for programs you download from the internet. So sad. Have fun not having wizards.

Attached: image.jpg (282x179, 10K)

Not trying to be rude...
You do realise that backtrack/kali/caine are supposed to be live distros for pen-testing and forensics, right?

>I don't want to use the package manager

Attached: EF469183AB45469E9E23FBF0F9B60AD8.jpg (645x773, 54K)

Don't tell that to the Mr. Robot fanboys, you'll make them angry.

mate is positioning istelf as a unity replacement, not an xfce replacement.
lxqt is, but it's alpha quality

If MATE is actually stable and usable now, I should give it a go. I always liked the GNOME 2 interface.

i've spent the last few days getting comfy in i3, with a config that mimics superior xmonad shortcut layout

mucho recommendo

[spoiler]xmonad has a much better shortcut layout, but i3 is better in every other respect[/spoiler]

Attached: i3-config.jpg (1280x800, 138K)

i can relate to that guy drinking

this.

Mein nigga

well.. ur retarded

Why are linux users like this?
Always fighting over des and distros, is that the fun in linux?

bretty much.

that and bash scripting

thing is back then there were 2 good options: gnome and kde

they were both good but different so it was a matter of preference. the fight between the 2 user groups was fun like nintendo vs sega, or coke vs pepsi.

now both DEs went to shit, and everything else is also shit so the only thing people can do to distract them from how annoyting they are to use is to fight about them

Shitnux users are buffoons. People who need to do real computing use Windows or macOS.

Because people are obsessed with graphics interfaces for upload spongebob pictures to Sup Forums when Linux is designed for Command-line and prompts