/metal/

Let's talk about hacks who are responsible for metal's decline in the mid 90's and beyond
Old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-QKswuIfgqA
youtu.be/BtJST96WBm8
archive.is/zZ0nY
youtube.com/watch?v=8yq40vJgSAU
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZKsgHhpUZE
youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=b-gBds6v6Ak
youtu.be/pRl8PSY8-W8?list=PLoAM52np6eFE_eThhPoBwGZ0Dtlt5D9pq&t=19
youtube.com/watch?v=WdQIheVQE7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if more usbm copied weakling and not WITTR we would be in a better place.

And if more USBM copied Havohej and Thornspawn then USBM would actually be good

Weakling is terrible. Derivative shit that just elongated the Scandinavian formula for wank.

And hipster as fuck.

does /meal/ consider bands like Leviathan and Judas Iscariot shit? Been checking out early Moribund Records and theirs have been my fav so far.

not specifically related to metal, but what is it what talentless hacks and their fascination with soundtrack music of Ennio Morricone

Help me bros. I can't stop listening to cute japanese shit metal

Leviathan yes, JI probably not but let's see

i like leviathan. scar sighted was really good
>inb4 drone
it's a great album

Scar sighted was weak material Better than TTTW but not as good as MCAAL. Maybe on par with Tentacles of Whorror

I hate Leviathan. Scar Sighted was really bad
>inb4 drone
It's an awful album

I want to learn how to do the screaming metal vocals

I've come to learn that I generally enjoy Leviathan's discography even if it has a few weak spots here and there.

i've been on a TSLoS and ToW kick as of late.

Why don't we talk about early Krieg? Sure, now Imperial is a fucking SJW faggot but back then Krieg was great USBM at a time when there was so little going on.

They're not difficult to do, but it's hard to do them well. The key is to perform them using your diaphragm, so you don't ruin your pharynx. Work on breathing with your diaphragm to strengthen it.

what didn't you like about it?

The kinds of people who use dad metal as an insult are the kinds of people who talk about Gojira and Ulcerate favorably, kind of like how the people who bitch about dad rock proceed to hype up garbage like Kanye West and Animal Collective

wasn't the dude behind Judas Iscariot in Krieg for a while? I should probably listen to more Krieg if that's the case.

I just think it seemed like such a step down from MCAAL. The songwriting took a dive, and there seemed to be more focus on the ambient/atmospheric side, which should really only be used to add to what's already there. I didn't outright dislike it but it was just a big vague mess to me.

weeb metal is a meme
listen to real gook meal like catasexual urge motivation and swarrm

;^)

MCAAL is his best work

Wew

yeah definitely.

not that guy
but user why

I know it's a meme but it's so fucking catchy

youtu.be/BtJST96WBm8

Post goat metal covers

Why is he a SJW? did I miss something?

>metal

true
only weeby j-metal i like is meme stain child i guess but they're just a guilty pleasure

What does metal think of Silencer?

such a waste
imagine with me slayer, christ illusion-era, covering bad blood

I wanna punch the guy that thought of "kawaii metal".

archive.is/zZ0nY
If this doesn't work basically he's telling metalheads not to be such dicks to women (ie myrkur) and generally getting chummy with kim kelly and the whole sjw crowd
and generally renouncing all the semi nat-soc stuff he did early on

kawaii metal is fucking cancer with no exceptions.

but i don't mind gimmicky edm infused j-metal that much, but i don't like it either.

But man, can't deny that these Kami Band guys are fucking good.

he was in weltmacht, who did some splits with Judas Iscariot, and I think were on the same label, or at least both were on NSBM affiliated labels

Sure I can. I deny the fuck out of it.

nah lad.
i don't think any pop j-metal band can be considered good
some can be considered really fun and catchy for sure.
most of the kami guys don't even write their music, they're just good at playing what's given to them. i'm pretty sure dragonforce wrote a bunch of babymetal's power metal stuff.

>i'm pretty sure dragonforce wrote a bunch of babymetal's power metal stuff.
They did for a few songs, but the guy who writes their music still consults Dragonforce for guidance.often.

The 2nd album has a bunch of Dragonforce influence. They only wrote a few songs i think

>dragonforce ghost-writes for babymetal

wew

Nah, it's widely known that they collaborated with them

Post rare Björn "Speed" Strid songs
youtube.com/watch?v=8yq40vJgSAU

Dunkelheit is the only good Burzum song

not even good bait

I'm that user, but same question, why?

its not bait since its true

No, little memeboi, it's isn't true, and it is bait unfortunately. It's just not very clever bait. You're tired; go to bed and try again in the morning okay?

That's a good lad

>weakling

Lol even the the dude new band Dispirit sucks shit

>generally renouncing all the semi nat-soc stuff he did early on

And you know who else did that, fucking Varggoth. And yet /meal/ still eats up anything NM puts out

>implying This Entire Fucking Battlefield isn't GOAT as fuck

Well /meal/'s a bunch of faggots what do you want me to say? This is news to you?

I actually think that's the opposite of what he's implying.

Blasphemy Made Flesh is a lot better than None So Vile

kill yourself

Why?

no

>it's isn't true,

>You're tired; go to bed

it is
its so raw and brutal without sounding forced

Better, you're definitely getting better, but it's still way past your bedtime young cuck, so off to bed with you quick and don't let me catch you still up shitposting later.

Bretty gud

Can someone rec me an actually good burzum song?

A lot rawer and more chaotic, NSV is good but feels tame when compared to the explosiveness of BMF. BMF had better riffs, better vocals (especially the high screams like on Defenstration and Open Face Surgery), better production (with respect to the genre), and more audible and interesting bass. All in all BMF felt more evil and brutal than the cleaner and catchier NSV. Plus the breakdowns on BMF weren't as jumpdafuckup as they became on NSV *coughs* Benedectine Convulsions *coughs*

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZKsgHhpUZE

youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ

only thing I could find, pal

youtube.com/watch?v=b-gBds6v6Ak

The only one I really like

Hey iopq, what do you think of Sepultura? I think they're pretty great.

It made people think that I listen to shit like Disturbed when I say that I listen to metal
Fuck off.

You like metal, right? Shit like Disturbed, right?

youtu.be/pRl8PSY8-W8?list=PLoAM52np6eFE_eThhPoBwGZ0Dtlt5D9pq&t=19

this riff is really familiar, I don't remember where else I heard it

The Unspoken King.

How? Literally how for any of this? NSV is way faster, way more technical and chaotic sounding, the production pushes Mounier's monstrous drumming to the front where it drives past anything on BMF, which frankly had a distracting bass presence because it was way too funk sounding. As for riffs, just no. No way, you're fucking deluding yourself.

The only think I'll give you is the vocals, which are better on BMF

It sounds kinda like Disturbed to me. That kinda shit ruined metal, you know? Just objectively awful.

What are some current bigish metal bands nu-males listen to? Gojira, Baroness , Intronauts, Periphery, am i missing anyone else?

Heaphone fags. What is your set up?

fuckkkkkkk

but fantomas was a dank meme

babymetal, disturbed, artillery,

Both of those bands are great USBM, especially Judas Iscariot. The dude is kvlt as hell.

i just wish blas had the same production as vile.

>NSV is way faster, way more technical and chaotic sounding
I agree with the first two but not the third, Lord Worm's more eccentric vocal performance coupled with Martin's more audible funky basslines wrapped up in a rawer production sound that added an extra crunch to Jon and Steve's riffing is what makes it more chaotic, Flo's drumming was definitely better on the follow up but that doesn't push NSV above BMF for me. And yes I do prefer the riffs on BMF, Cryptopsy aren't a riff heavy band (in that the riffs are the main focus as opposed to providing the heaviness and energy needed to compliment the brutal sound they're going for) but BMF does it more for me than NSV. I also forgot to mentioning the soloing which I also prefer on BMF
youtube.com/watch?v=WdQIheVQE7M

I'm prepared to leave this up to preferences are preferences and to each his own, but I just can't see BMF as the better album. I prefer the blistering speed and Flo's pounding drums and nothing's going to convince me BMF is better.

And I'm a huge sucker for the stripped down rawness of BMF alongside Lord Worm's absolute madman performance. NSV is probably the album that I'd say (in my opinion of course) is the absolute cleanest that death metal should sound with respect to the way it's recorded, mixed, and mastered.

Alright I think we settled this peacefully.

shut up

Fuck off Jesse

You can't just call anyone who's an asshole Jesse

Fuck OFF Jesse

aw jeez what did I do now?

Haven't been here in 3 months, did I miss any dank memes

oh jesus

fucking texas

The vocalist sounds like a fucking parrot. Aside from that it's decent.

There was a study that people with bumper stickers, regardless of it's a political statement or not make other people more angry while driving. With shit like this I couldn't imagine why

I think we're reaching peak durkadurr here, people.

You missed the Vektor - Terminal Redux meme.

Disturbed - From Terminal to Inheritance ft. Björn "Speed" Strid

/metal/ peaked with Terminal Redux, it was shitposting on a whole new level that this genera' never would've expected. I don't think anything will ever compare to the shitposting /metal/ experienced when Terminal Reduxleaked up until the "R.I.P /metal/" thread that was made after a few days of nonstop shitposting. Since then shitposting has died down but as you can probably tell, still runs rampant. I'm pretty
muxh convinced that the Terminal Redux scandal was coordinated on IRC because we reached apex level shitposting when that hit. Threads would hit bump limit within an hour and it would all be Vektorposting, it was absolutely fucking insane and missing out on it is missing out on what will retroactively be seen as the most important turning point for /metal/ whether good or bad.

tldr

What is it with so many people sucking this guy's balls when he isn't anything special?

When you're 16, it seems so inventive, clever, and irreverent