>michael jackson
>tupac

Pac everytime

>got lots of help
wdhmbt

Well Mozart's still alive so...

Beethoven > Dylan > Tupac > Jackson

>famous centuries after his death
>on the shortlist for most recognizable face of the rock era to future generations
>two future literally whos who will be forgotten in a century and a couple decades respectively

>wdhmbt

what

ghana baffle

>two future literally whos who will be forgotten in a century and a couple decades respectively

I don't know what that means, but if you're a deaf musician you would pretty much just be a fucking idiot banging on keys until somebody smarter came around and told you which keys were good and which keys were bad. Without people giving him thumbs up Beethoven would have just been a retard making noise on a piano

He wasn't born deaf

>not born retarded
>developed retarded
I don't see your point

So it's between a deaf retard who hasn't been relevant in 300 years, a gay faggot country singer who has cum in his throat, another gay faggot pedophile, and some inbred black guy. I chose neither.

>inbred
only whites do that

Beethoven > Dylan > Michael Jackson > 2Pac

Beethoven took the traditional structure of the Classical era and completely turned them upside down, while still retaining form. He made breakthrough changes to what we call classical music today. His music was sort of the bridge to the experimentation in tonality, form, and music all together of the Romantic era and 20th/21st century. If anything, many people weren't giving him the thumbs up for the music he wrote. Also what does "good/bad keys" mean? Do you think some keys aren't written in because they're bad? Because that's not how it works.

(You) did a great job! Upvote!

Tupac.

truth

correct answer

>Mozart

He was talking about keys on the piano like a relief pitcher.

Beethoven > Dylan > Tupac = Jackson

>wdhmbt
What did he mean by this?

>personal

Dylan>Tupac>Jackson>Beethoven

>actual

Beethoven > Dylan > Jackson > Tupac

(i really like bob dylan)

Let's see:

>literally one of the greatest composers of all time
>literally who
>child molester
>Tupac

I think I'll go with option 1, although option 4 comes at a very close second.

did you just call bob dylan a country singer? are you retarded? please leave the internet, unplug your modem and never come back

>pretending to not know the most influential person in rock music
oh WOW! here's 5 Sup Forums points just for you

>they don't know who Bob Dylan is

Bob Dylan>Tupac>Jackson>Beethoven the over rated cuck.

He wasn't even these best of HIS time.

>Beethoven

Literally the Drake of classical music.

kek'd

LvB

Not even a competition.

>not knowing bob dylan

Listen very closely to me, anonymous posters, because I'm only going to say this once. I want you to take your post, and every thought process that occurred prior to you making this post - actually, no, I want you to take your opinions too, and I want you to put them somewhere where they'll never be seen by the rest of mankind ever again. Do you understand what I'm saying, or is your mentally disability washing over you? Let me put this into terms that an autistic simpleton like yourself can understand.

I want you to take this fucking post, and your fucking life, and literally FUCK YOURSELF WITH IT.

why are you trying to defend Beethoven? wtf? he had like 4 famous pieces and nobody cares about the rest of his shit.

Is this a fucking joke? You're joking, right? Just because only some of the things he's written are famous, doesn't mean the rest are shit. Everything he's created is great.

You're joking right? You really aren't so /patrician/ as to think that Beethoven is the be-all end-all musician, right? you don't actually think that, right? you aren't that stupid, right? you don't go to r/music that often, right? you actually have taste in music, right? you don't get your opinions from the youtube comments section, right? you aren't a 13 year old white kid, right?

Can you stop talking like that, it's not funny and makes you look retarded okay. Secondly, of course he isn't the end-game of music, no one is. I'm saying that it's retarded to think that only 4 of his works are good and everything else is shit.

did i say the rest of his stuff was shit?
i said nobody cares about the rest of his shit.
before you greentext "shit" and "his shit" i was saying it in a generalized way.

stfu please, just accept your defeat

i choose none coz its not the 90s anymore grandpa, all of them are problly dead

Beethoven>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a billion more >s Dylan > Jackson > Two Pack

Jackson was a far better performer and much more entertaining, but Dylan exceeds his artistic talent

>accept your defeat
defeat in what, we weren't fighting, faggot.

Beethoven > Michael >>>>>>> Bob = 2pac

you're right

>falling for bait

Beethoven > Jackson > Dylan > Tupac

Please grow up user.

He had sounds ingrained in his head by the time he went deaf. Though yes his late period is off the wall bonkers.

i think the last thing he ever wrote (dont quote me) was Große Fuge, Op.133 , and its kind of scary

>no one cares about the rest of his shit
Yeah ok come back when you talk to anyone with more than a passing interest in classical music.

i've never met anyone who isn't 13 or a music teacher who had more than a passing interest in classic music

The last thing he wrote was the finale to the Op. 130 quartet, replacing the Grosse Fuge. The final finale is actually quite tame in comparison.

Pac is the most overrated rapper of all time I don't care what anyone fucking says.

Either graduate high school or get better friends

IMO there wouldnt be 50 cent without 2pac he´s copying the guy so much on the EPs

you must have some really shitty friends, or you're life must be boring as hell if all you and your friends just listen to classical music, catch up with the rest of us

oh. didn't know that, but still check out the Fuge, its crazy

Ooooh did I hurt your whore feelings? But remember, you must be 18 or over to post on this board!

Does anyone here even rate Tupac? I've tried listening to him but he's just not that interesting.

>whore
lol what? tell me, do you and your "friends" (i doubt you have any seeing as how you're a huge faggot) really sit around and talk about classic music? that's literally the most community college level hipster bullshit i've ever heard on this site, please kill yourself.

EDM & Rap are in right now and if you wanna play safe all the bros are up for death metal or rock in general

>that's literally the most community college level hipster bullshit
Coming from a high schooler I think that's pretty hilarious. And no actually me and my """friends""" do not sit around and talk about classical music because classical music, though very interesting and infinitely rewarding, does not dictate my life or my friendships. Kill yourself first fagtron and stop projecting

its okay, champ. i know you're going through a lot with puberty, but papa's here for you. you'll outgrow this edge eventually, it just takes time. in a couple years, about the time you get old enough to drive, you'll really start being able to form opinions of your own and you won't need papa's help. i promise it's gonna be alright

Tell me friendo, what about classical music do you not like? Is it lack of emotion? Lack of power? Inability to understand the so-called "complexities" of harmony and form?

i don't remember ever saying that i don't like classic music. please, if any point in time in this thread that i implied i don't like classical music, point it out to me. I DO like classical music as much as any other self-respecting music fan, apart from this little quarrel with you, i'm also the one who posted i don't LOVE classical music because i find a lot of it to be quite boring, but its not something i refuse to listen to. my point is that i'd rather listen to modern music than classical music in general

this is the only correct reply to a b8 thread

You implied it in the "i've never met anyone who isn't 13 or a music teacher who had more than a passing interest in classic music"
But in any regard I still don't understand why you don't like Beethoven (except perhaps the Grosse Fuge which is an amazing piece of music regardless of contrarian opinions). What you said in is almost plain wrong and borders on parody. I'd wager that Beethoven would outright refuse help out of self-consciousness though I am certainly no scholar and could very well be completely wrong too.
I'm not someone who thinks Beethoven is the ultimate pinnacle of music but he is certainly my favorite composer.
A minor point but you don't know who Bob Dylan is? Seriously? Shit, listen to Blonde on Blonde right now.

i'm not
i'm
and then so on with the argument. and honestly, i've NEVER met someone like that , also, i don't dislike beethoven, i spoke in general extremes because this is the internet. i really like his sonatas (and i'm currently learning Moonlight on Piano) but in a VERY generalized sense, most people don't care about anything beethoven put out apart from Moonlight Sonata, Symphony no. 5 and no. 9 and maybe some others that i can't quite recall.

Who else glanced at the pic and thought it was that fucking picture of Blunt/Ferraro/Grimes/OPN

Ah, my apologies. The writing style was just very similar.
>most people don't care about anything beethoven put out apart from Moonlight Sonata, Symphony no. 5 and no. 9 and maybe some others that i can't quite recall.
Yes that's a big tragedy. Every single one of his symphonies and most if not all of his string quartets and sonatas are worthy additions to the western canon. But popularity =/= importance. Whether it was you or some other user, saying Beethoven is irrelevant now because he's been dead 300 years is outright silly. The fact that his 5th and 9th are so ingrained in popular culture now despite like 90% of the population not listening to more than 2 minutes of each is actually quite amazing. Though unfortunate because I really wish more people cared about the other 45/70 minutes.

Beethoven

Anybody who puts Tupac outside of last or Beethoven outside of first is a malignant tumor on music and personally responsible for all of its modern mediocrity

i feel a little bad that the beef was over miscommunication and i definitely shouldn't have spoke in such extremes when talking about classical music.

anyway, it really is a shame that people think that because he's not popular that he's bad, and the same could be said for people who think that because he's not popular he's good. i don't think his popularity has anything to do with the quality of his music, so much as the age of it. I think a good way to listen to classical pieces is as you would listen to an album. And personally, I can't see myself looking at a popular album that i've heard and like, and an orchestral album consisting of Beethoven and picking Beethoven, but that's just me, however, i won't deny his importance and influence in music nor will i try to underplay his music talent (he was literally a "Titan of Music")

Dylan > Beethoven > MJ >>>>>>> 2Pac

2Pac was a talentless hack

>i feel a little bad that the beef was over miscommunication
It's ok fampai, I'm just here to procrastinate on writing an essay. Getting into meaningless shitflinging arguments are what I'm here for.

alright, i'm glad everything is cleared up :)