Thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=knBBoQCO_K4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

best album of his career

8/10

Never listened never Will

I agree.
Played it on my car on my way to work several times throughout the week and honestly I can't complain about any track, even the few that don't appeal that much to me have some change in pace or chord progression that saves it.

Thanks for taking your time to write that.

he will never top Twin Fantasy or My Back in Killing Me Baby sadly

They have very distinct feels. I believe this recent album was a take on a more casual audience, it's a bit toned down on the melancholy in contrast to TF, and it doesn't tie together as well.

Probably the worst album title I have ever heard it my entire life.

His songs are always a lot longer than they need to be

Drugs are better with frieeends

maybe not reinventing the wheel, but solid album imo

It's pretty fucking shit.
The mainstream music community is praising it to heavens only because they can now that he's signed to Matador.
Now look, look and see a world suck the washed up dick of a once-was man because of his mediocre, mass-appealing easy listening bullshit, yet completely ignore his earlier records that were so full of talent and vigour, that had enough brains to be original and enough heart to be sincere. Watch as the world shuns away what the media won't praise. What once deserved all the attention Will is receiving now.

He fucking sold out at the worst time. His songwriting has become soulless, the melodies are boring as fuck, and the only people this record will impress are teenagers who haven't listened to Pavement and all the copycats that came before in the 90's.

My Back is Killing Me Baby and Twin Fantasy were fucking fantastic. They were actually interesting and infinitely more deserving of adoration than this twee rock, vapid tumblr teen shit.

It is fucking shit and anyone who disagrees simply doesn't know better.
Will you can go to hell.
Oh well I guess now I don't have to give a shit anymore.

Cate was always the better one of the two anyways.

am I the only one that has noticed that every melody on this album, he's already done before?

I dunno, having listened to all his stuff before TF, the Teens albums have bored me to death.

is this pasta

nnoooo it's my thoughts on the album and my thoughts say fuck you

it is now

review youtube.com/watch?v=knBBoQCO_K4

I like Cate's music.

Teens of Denial was written before How To Leave Town, does that make things better?

With the exception of the intro and outro tracks, How To Leave Town was also shit. All the in-between filler was just as banal and hollow as Teens of Denial.

This decline has been going on since the days of Disjecta Membra and Nervous Young Man. Both compilations, yes, but you could begin to notice his creativity had started to wane.

Honestly, How to Leave Town would have been a solid goddamn release of it had stayed an EP like it originally was meant to. The first and last tracks are solid but everything else is forgettable. Teens is all forgetttable.

Listen to Cate Wurtz.

>i'm so edgy i think music is soulless if you get more than 10k listeners

so if you´re good, you dont get money
if you´re bad, a whole community liked your shit
if you´re really fucking shit you made money got a gig and are recognized as a musician
if you´re a meme cunt people hate you for being popular and start torrenting your shit so you have to do even more live gigs

guess it´s like, the bigger people get the more passionate everyone´s opinion gets just coz they´re the flavor of the month

Obnoxiously long generic indie rock.

faм I don't care if an artist is popular or not, some of my favourite ever bands are household names

I just care when an artist that I was so devoted for and personally knew became such shit when he had a chance to show the world the unique style he had to offer
Instead he opted for the easy way out making generic sure-sale tunes.

decent album.

i want to kick that kid in the ribs

This album is so boring and generic I literally don't understand how anyone who rates it thinks they have a valid opinion on music

Immensely plain and unadventurous

Overhyped garbage.

one of my faves

I think it's great

This is pretty nice. I like how Sup Forums's pretentious view is shifting from "Wow get out Will xDDDD" to "he's lost his talent he was so good :("

Leaving aside the fact that much of the melodies and lyrics on this album were written over two years ago (with Will expressing his intent to make a "poppier" record since right after NYM), to say his songwriting declined or even changed at all on the very same album that has Costa Concordia is pretty moronic. It's still highly specific, it's poppy, it's fast, and it's melancholic.

He just got famous and that just doesn't sound as cool as being obscure.

god his voice is so fucking obnoxious

I feel like I'm one of the only people that actually like this album, it's not their best but it's not bad at all

mu is always so annoying with bands if they get a little sucess it automatically sucks to everyone on here and I don't understand why it matters if they have a following or not their Instagram as less than 5000 followers that's barely anything I don't know if it's because they signed to a label or because they aren't just talked about on this board but please be happy for them and stop shitting on them because they're starting to get the recognition they deserve

but dude the songwriting is SO FLESHED OUT even though it's the same damn generic power pop idea for 7 minutes