/metal/

Cucks move along this is a metal thread.
old

Other urls found in this thread:

worshipmetal.com/features/6-reasons-slayers-reign-blood-not-greatest-thrash-album-time/
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZCOcUO-35k
youtube.com/watch?v=YC9l7DnkkNM
youtube.com/watch?v=sopiG1Qhlh8
zombitrol.com/index.php/interview/journal-of-musical-things/246-myrkur-the-zombitrol-interview
youtube.com/watch?v=Ja8K3Z1h7qo
youtube.com/watch?v=zwsfRcZgVjI
youtube.com/watch?v=4HiOs9NyGsM
youtube.com/watch?v=68K-iuGRiFc
youtube.com/watch?v=w_prtHy_a_o
youtube.com/watch?v=kfGg6vj0gHk
youtube.com/watch?v=QYyR9ZfLYxE
youtube.com/watch?v=WJbD0e-LNWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hITlHOctwdA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for pre-heritage opeth is actually good

Funk Metal is good you cucks

Whatcha listening too /metal/

literally no one said it wasn't

This is some of the cuckest shit I have ever read in my life
worshipmetal.com/features/6-reasons-slayers-reign-blood-not-greatest-thrash-album-time/
>You want ‘intense’ and ‘heavy’ then have a listen to something like Neurosis’ Through Silver In Blood; the aural equivalent of a school yard bully giving poor old Reign In Blood a right kicking behind the bike sheds.

Claiming blackened thrash for the pro-cuck metal alliance sorry fags

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZCOcUO-35k

Pic related is all the muh false fags itt

youtube.com/watch?v=YC9l7DnkkNM

Funk is good
Metal is good
The two together are not.

Post your last month

I'm not giving some shitty clickbait site views, but TSIB is way heavier than RIB

The point is it's a retarded comparison because they're completely different genres, but I'm sure the brilliant people in this general will now take this chance to rail on le atmoshit for 50 posts

youtube.com/watch?v=sopiG1Qhlh8

Have you listened to Scatterbrain? Heads up!? Mordred? Infectious Grooves?

My input is this: is TSIB better than RIB? Yes, but it's not even thrash so why compare the two?

Friendly reminder.

>but TSIB is way heavier than RIB
Fuck off Pitchfork, you won't seem anymore "metal" because you make a baseless claim on an album's heaviness. Tuning low doesn't make wimpy post-rock heavy.

Ask and thou shalt receive. Atmosludge isn't heavy at all. It's ambient hardcore with no emotional resonance and boring long riffs that go nowhere.

If you've been following this saga, you'll remember The OFFICIAL™ Vektor - Terminal Redux Guy was slain after achieving the first post in the last thread! What a shame! Long live The UNOFFICIAL™ Vektor - Terminal Redux Guy! I'll be your navigator from here on, feel free to throw any questions my way!

Also Vektor - Terminal Redux

Vektorshareguy>>>>

Yeah. They're terrible.

this. i believe some friends of mine "borrowed" some of the riffs in the first track on this EP for their material... but i'm not sure.

also somebeody posted this on fagbook earlier.

zombitrol.com/index.php/interview/journal-of-musical-things/246-myrkur-the-zombitrol-interview

i wish this band would just disappear, it seems like she's trying awful hard to stay in the public eye.

cool Isis jam

This meme was meant to die with me. I can't be held responsible for what happens to you now

>Scatterbrain
yes
>Heads Up
no
>Mordred
yes
>Infectious Grooves
no

I've also listened to Skindred and Fishbone

Explain this meme to me. Vektor is all right and that isn't even Terminal Redux.

retards

Cucks.

>Vektor is all right

THERE HE GOES AGAIN

I watched the video with this guy in it but I forgot which one it was

isn't that outer isolation?

What am I saying? Of course I can be held responsible. I began all this and everything that springs from it I caused, however indirectly.

All of this is my fault.

Hipster nu-male beta cum guzzling cuck

That's all you got? Seriously?

Heavy means more than just being slow, and TSIB isn't heavy. You're just a cuck.

What's wrong with them?

The views and opinions expressed ITP are not those of the collective community of /metal/, and do not reflect on the values we strive to emulate as a whole. We at /metal/ do not condone the alienating and disparaging usage of memes, whether intentional or not, especially ones that are specifically belittling to various subgenres. It is of grave importance that our threads in the future more accurately reflect the peaceful, charitable, and welcoming atmosphere of our fine general.

Please consider if this is of any negative consequence to your pleasure.

Thank you, and have a nice day!

metal evolution extreme metal lost episode

New Drudkh split. First song is pretty neat, haven't heard the rest yet.

I wonder how Myrkr feel about about Myrkur existing

which came first, the "metal is for children" meme or this general?

because I thought it was the meme, but reading this shitfest it could have just been spawned from observation of this community

there's literally nothing more to say. anyone who listens to reign in blood and through silver in blood and says reign in blood is heavier is a literal retard

Hey you stupid cucks, how about we talk about some good metal and not trash like Drudkh and Neurosis
youtube.com/watch?v=Ja8K3Z1h7qo

New album was over-hyped and posted a lot.

Drudkh is dull bulshit

Thanks for the input asshole.

>Power metal named after some nerd books
Too gay for me, sorry.

>WAAAH WAAAAAAHHH

It's way before that, cuck newfag. you're a fucking masochist.

The whining and bitching ITP is not indicative of the "collective community" of /metal/, and does not reflect anything other than the posters sad, pathetic life. We at /metal/ are a bunch of random, unconnected people shouting at each other and anyone who thinks there's any kind of social mores or standards is clinically retarded. It is of grave miasma that our threads in the black future more aggressive perfector the fact that no ones cares your feelings where hurt.
Please consider where your kind usually dwell, hipster faggot.

Go fuck yourself, and die in a fire!

Fantastic retort asshole.

Holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=zwsfRcZgVjI

The views and opinions expressed ITP are not those of the collective community of /metal/, and do not reflect on the values we strive to emulate as a whole. We at /metal/ do not condone the alienating and disparaging usage of memes, whether intentional or not, especially ones that are specifically belittling to various subgenres. It is of grave importance that our threads in the future more accurately reflect the peaceful, charitable, and welcoming atmosphere of our fine general.

So basically you've got no arguments, just your opinion and an insult. That's pretty typically what I expect from hipsters.

so basically unless it came out more than 20 years ago or apes something that came out more than 20 years ago you guys hate it?

wew great general lads

>Grave Miasma
youtube.com/watch?v=4HiOs9NyGsM

I get that the incorrect album in the post is a meme, but how come the image filename is "Black Future.jpg" when the album cover posted was actually the album cover for Outer Isolation?

reddit is that way

YES

It's meta

Old school metal was the best, sure there was always bad metal but it really took until the mid nineties for hipsters, wiggers, and faggots to pollute the scene with their garbage. Albums like Slaughter of the Soul and Filosofem didn't exist in the 80's.

and full of other crusty old dadrocking farts who are stuck in the past

this is secretly the most reddit general on Sup Forums

>Albums like Slaughter of the Soul and Filosofem didn't exist in the 80's
>who is Dio
>who is WASP
>who is Mötley Crue

then return to reddit

This is Sepultura's fault. They ruined metal by making people think I listened to shit like Disturbed when I say I listen to metal.

It's a nice meme though
how are we stuck in the past? you just pulled that out of your ass.

Hey fuck off dio is good ok?

best meme imo

Did you read what I said? I acknowledged that the 80's had their shit but the 90's were worse. Glam was just a phase that left as soon as it came only to be cpntinued by a few revival bands in the late 2000's who present themselves as jokes and nothing more, Slaughter of the Soul and Filosofem on the other hand still influence metal in the worst ways possible.

>Did you read what I said?
KICKSTART MY HEART

>Slaughter of the Soul and Filosofem on the other hand still influence metal in the worst ways possible.
Prove it.

>muh dadrock
The Doors and Yes shit on whatever indie noise and nigger garbage the nu-males here love to hype, I'd rather listen to AC/DC then some refuse like Neutral Milk Hotel or Young Thug

>, Slaughter of the Soul and Filosofem on the other hand still influence metal in the worst ways possible
It's really hard to admit this though. those two records are really good.

>U CNT SPEL CRAP WITHOUT RAP XD

>bringing non metal into this
get the fuck out

Filosofem is really good, Slaughter of the Soul is just catchy

I ENJOYED NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL THE FIRST COUPLE OF TIMES I LISTENED TO THE ALBUM

>Channel Orange

And yet the 90s were the best decade for metal.

>Filosofem
youtube.com/watch?v=68K-iuGRiFc
youtube.com/watch?v=w_prtHy_a_o
youtube.com/watch?v=kfGg6vj0gHk

>Slaughter of the Soul
youtube.com/watch?v=QYyR9ZfLYxE
youtube.com/watch?v=WJbD0e-LNWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hITlHOctwdA

All garbage from this very year

Don't go there fuckface. you're still on Sup Forums.
>le wrong generation.

That has absolutely nothing to do with "le wrong generation", fuck off to everywhere else with that strawman meme

>I'd rather listen to AC/DC than
Nothing you say after this phrase can make you less of a worthless piece of shit

So? This isn't proof. You haven't proved this is the worst, or even that Filosofem inspired these artists. You haven't proved anything.

>or even that Filosofem inspired these artists
You have to actually listen to the tracks, and listen to Filosofem to be able to be a judge of that, you know?
Do you actually listen to metal or do you just post here?

Man, that is a trippy cover when you stare for a minute....

>defending dadrock
>comparing AC/DC to Yung Thug
that's the fucking textbook definition retard. i like dadrock and you'll never see me post something as utterly retarded almost a quarter of the thread replied to.

Things can have a similar sound without direct inspiration. I want proof.
Yes, I do listen to metal. Do you actually listen to metal or do you just post here?

>defending dad rock
You consider everything older than 20 years ago dadrock?
Good to know, so we call black metal "dad metal" now?
And I never listened to Young Thug aside from that Lifestyle song which is hilariously bad, but AC/DC is bad in a different way.

I hear atmoshit black metal, I hear Filosofem, that album is what spearheaded the trend.
I hear overproduced and generic melodic death metal/deathcore/metalcore and I hear Slaughter of the Soul's half baked riffs and pathetic attempts of alternating between angry verses and anthemic choruses, cancer that aided by Heartwork helped kill death metal's very essence.

>that Lifestyle song which is hilariously bad
is it bad that I started out listening to this ironically but now unironically like it?

So you're saying you make assumptions based on similarities, and that this, to you, is conclusive proof.

That is not very scientific, Vektorshareguy.

dad metal has been a thing for awhile, friendo. there's literally nothing wrong with dadrock. you're just being triggered to hell and back.

>is it bad that I started out listening to this ironically but now unironically like it?
I listened to that Travi$ Scott album last year for almost a month nonstop, took a break from metal during that time, it's fine to admit that those niggers can make music so degenerate it actually makes you forget everything else

Only for death metal and black metal and only up until 94, the rest became too inundated with shit regardless of the qualityalbums that may have still came out