/Noise/

Hey guys, let's do this.
What are you listening to? How are your projects? Post gear, talk about noise, blah blah blah
Pic related is a recent favorite

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/ourexitbag/tricky-plexus-what-was-pain
youtube.com/watch?v=eh_ty7TmEGM
pagodamast.bandcamp.com/
soundcloud.com/minimalimpactnoise/min03-excerpt-tiles-memories-of-one-perverted-night
soundcloud.com/kyle-j-cornwell/figure-c
youtu.be/P3tIu4rB46g?t=1m46s
soundcloud.com/nqmanikoi
clyp.it/b11lm4na
wearedeadandthisishell.bandcamp.com/track/noise-music-is-made-by-completely-untalented-faggots-who-couldnt-play-two-notes-together-right
clyp.it/w5mmzpqg
a.cuntflaps.me/rlavyc.tar.xz
soundcloud.com/mephisto_waltz/the-visitation-feat-ornate-exit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is my setup currently. I'm using a cheap radio as a sound source and running that through a few distortion pedals. I also have a drum machine. Below the wooden stands are some concealed cables and the surge protector and stuff

Post your setups noise bros

this is an old picture of not all my shit
I'll take one in the dark if this thread lives

This is what I do with it
soundcloud.com/ourexitbag/tricky-plexus-what-was-pain

Intradesting. What are those two on the right?

No pictures. I pretty much use an Arturia analog synth and recorded samples along with digital reverb, feedback, distortion and other effects through my DAW.

does anyone here know of any albums or artists that don't make 100% straight up noise music, but heavily incorporate noise into their stuff? I find that concept to be really interesting and want to seek out music like it

this song is one of the best examples I can think of this
youtube.com/watch?v=eh_ty7TmEGM

Is it a microbrute or something else?

pagodamast.bandcamp.com/
Oh here's stuff I've made. None of it incorporates the setup yet (it's mostly new), though my next demo will involve it. I do a lot of digital modification to my sounds in a DAW and stuff.
It might appeal to you since incorporates some synth stuff and other styles of music like black metal and such. Everyone post more of your gear and music!

What I do doesn't really resemble your sample, I was just saying it was different stylistically

tfw no noise gf

Minibrute SE

More stuff to work with than the Micro

I've been looking at the various sizes of brutes and they all seem really great as far as I'm concerned. I'm considering saving up

I mostly keep to using feedback loops. The little box over the back has a distortion and pitch shifting pedal, as well as a small cone and contact mic I use for making loops.

noise

that setup looks pretty sick, despite it's general simplicity. I like it

If you're an "occultist" don't make noise

If you are not classically trained don't make noise

If you have not up until this point played in several jazz bands don't make noise

If you don't have a point don't make noise

Fuck you

Fuck off

It is a simple tool, but it is pretty great. A lot of my stuff is done in post-production.

Plus, playing with ungrounded electricity itself is quite an exhilarating experience.

soundcloud.com/minimalimpactnoise/min03-excerpt-tiles-memories-of-one-perverted-night

what should I add to this?
soundcloud.com/kyle-j-cornwell/figure-c
i'm just starting to experiment with new sorts of stuff

most of this is just through an interface with some logic native instruments, but i'm planning on using this reverb dimed on the 'wet' setting, along with an ocd and a sonic maximizer
youtu.be/P3tIu4rB46g?t=1m46s

I've never heard or seen anything like this

Which noise artists meet all of these requirements?

dude, you're one of only mutants who actually shill out extraordinary stuff. I commented on you posts several times before and am doing it again because I truly love what you do. Keep it up bruh bruh

I just do noisy farts and record them.

bandcamp?

I nearly said Envelope Philter, but the brother is an occultist.

cheers to everybody who posted their gear! It's interesting to see what other people are going for.
Cheers to Ornate Exit for being awesome.
this is me soundcloud.com/nqmanikoi

I still haven't recorded anything (big) with the new setup (I just got the mixer).

I've been listening to The Echo from the Purple Dawn by ASTRO and Keiji Haino live shows a lot lately.

>Post gear

What are some tip top Merzbow collabs?
pic related

>inb4 someone calls me entry level or pleb

bumph

I just scrapped almost a whole demo because I was dissatisfied with it...but I've started fresh and I'm pleased with the results. How long do releases usually take for you guys to put together? What sort of DAWs do you use? I'm interested in the creative processes of others

Merzbow is actually really good so anyone who disses him is out of line

I've been bumping this lately. Very enjoyable. I might prefer this to Brewer's work as Mania

Rate my experimentation for today.
This was made using a minimoog, a Line 6 DL4, Big Muff, Boss DD7 Delay and a mooer soul shiver.
clyp.it/b11lm4na

I didn't mean to direct that comment just at you, I just forget to delete the post number when I wanted the postbox to pop up.

It's a good start. Pretty glitchy at points and nice and ambient overall. Not necessarily hella noisy, and kind of sparse though

>Not necessarily hella noisy, and kind of sparse though
If I turn up up so it is "hella noisy", I completely lose any nuance and it's justs a wall of noise...that seems kind of pointless.

Step up pleb.

Do you think that having real hardware makes a big difference? Do you think the music here or could not have been achieved without expensive equipment?

Being "hands on" with physical gear changes the creative process enormously. It's not really a question of if you can replicate the audio in a DAW (you likely could if you were anal enough), but rather, would you even bother? There's a big difference between drawing notes and automation in a DAW and twiddling knobs on the fly.

this desu.

Took at least a year to put together a debut - Reason 7

>(you likely could if you were anal enough), but rather, would you even bother?
So you're saying it would be much much harder without the hardware, right.
Because you see, this here. wasn't made a minimoog, a Line 6 DL4, Big Muff, Boss DD7 Delay and a mooer soul shiver.

It was made using the gear posted here . I recorded some silence from my room and ran it through a few filters.

It took less time to make than it does to listen through it all.

So when you say it would probably be too much work and hard to do without hardware, I think you're wrong.

This post brought to you once again by the guy who keeps posting in the /noise/ generals who thinks you're all a bunch of emperor's new clothes clowns and that this genre is full of completely untalented hacks.
> Took at least a year to put together a debut - Reason 7
Kek, I made two full albums in two days, both took less time to make than they do to listen to. These idiots lapped them up.

>I recorded some silence from my room and ran it through a few filters.
what filters exactly?

I never said it would be "harder", but the outcome would be different. You'd have two very different pieces, which of course is obvious. Way to totally misinterpret what I said.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. All you've ever done on Sup Forums in your weirdly obsessive personal crusade against noise music is be way too cocksure, to the point where it detracts from your arguments because you're totally unable to discuss things from an unbiased perspective.

Nobody sees noise as a purely intellectual exercise like you seem to think. The vast majority of us just like sounds.

Why are you encouraging him?

Reverb, phasers, paulstretch, a few others.

wearedeadandthisishell.bandcamp.com/track/noise-music-is-made-by-completely-untalented-faggots-who-couldnt-play-two-notes-together-right

talent is meaningless. of course a lot of noise is just mindless jamming, that's largely the point. so is a lot of other free improv music

granted, the internet gave a platform for every bedroom teenager to make a 'noise album' in 10 minutes, but the same could be said for any genre. no music is free from laziness, noise is just misinterpreted as a justification for this. which in the end means nothing because if someone likes what someone else has made, no matter how effortless, then that's all well and good

anyway if you're listening to music for technical wankery then it begs the question of why you're into it in the first place

>talent is meaningless.
This is what people with no talent say
>anyway if you're listening to music for technical wankery then it begs the question of why you're into it in the first place
Nah. Did you hear my guitar playing? Just simple chord strums. Still more beauty in it than anything from the harsh noise genre.

>talent is meaningless

No it's fucking not, you're giving him more ammo. He never has an actual argument, stop fucking talking to him.

>He never has an actual argument
My argument is that you are a bunch of hipster emperor's new clothes idiots. I've proved this time and again by making "noise" music as a pisstake and none of you can ever spot it. That's because a fucking child could do it. A bot could do it. If these people think they are musicians they are delusional.

i liked frozen niagara falls, particularly Every Relationship Earthrise, can you recommend me similar?

Envelope Philter

No, recording shitty noise with a sarcastic and ironic title and saying it's the same as other artists is not an argument, nor is tricking two Anons who fell for your retarded trick above. It's a shitty Paulstretch ambient track.

>None of you could spot it

That two people fell for it is not indicative or representative of the entirety of noise or these threads. All you ever do is say the same thing and make a claim about the genre that you act like we've not heard thousands of times before. You do no arguing. You never address any points brought up, nor do you ever talk about anything other than how the opposing party is wrong. Spouting "victory" over nothing is precisely the kind of shit the hipsters you claim to be arguing against would do.

>No, recording shitty noise with a sarcastic and ironic title and saying it's the same as other artists is not an argument, nor is tricking two Anons who fell for your retarded trick above. It's a shitty Paulstretch ambient track.
Yeah yeah, 20/20 hindsight.

Did you discover free improvisation as a concept last month or something?

>That's because a fucking child could do it. A bot could do it.
I fail to see how this is a negative thing. The entire punk movement was based on this idea. The exact same philosophy can be said to be behind noise.

>If these people think they are musicians they are delusional.
If you make music, you're a musician by default. From what you said, a few people liked some of your music, or at least parts of it. Good for you, buddy. Perhaps are your ultimate "troll" statement you can make a full-length release on a half decent label, sell a few hundred copies and get a few fans. You'd sure show us then!

>I fail to see how this is a negative thing. The entire punk movement was based on this idea. The exact same philosophy can be said to be behind noise.
There aren't many children playing guitars. Every child could walk up to the average noise musician's console and twist a few dials.
>If you make music, you're a musician by default.
It isn't music. It's the end result of dada lunacy, designed to further usher the destruction of beauty upon us.

Well, that's just my opinion anyway.

Great argument. I rest my case.

>Every child could walk up to the average noise musician's console and twist a few dials.
Again, I don't know why you're so concrete in your stance that technical skill = worthwhile music. You've yet to properly back this up, and from what I've seen, constantly failed to do so in your bait threads.

>It isn't music.
Sure it is, it's deliberated sound.

>It's the end result of dada lunacy, designed to further usher the destruction of beauty upon us.
That's a bit of a stretch. Subversive art has been going on for years before noise, noise is just another branch of it.

And I fail to see any larger, cultural destruction of beauty as a result. You should probably point a finger at postmodernism, irony, pastiche and the wider scope of mass-media's implications if that's what concerns you.

>And I fail to see any larger, cultural destruction of beauty as a result. You should probably point a finger at postmodernism, irony, pastiche and the wider scope of mass-media's implications if that's what concerns you.
When poseur critics listen to this crap and tell me it's music, I see nothing good, wholesome or healthy about it existing. I see a teenager somewhere who could have learned to play the guitar, or the keyboard, or the sax, but instead he thought noise was cool so just rigs his vacuum cleaner up to a fuzz pedal. Who knows what songs we would have had? Who knows what symphonies he could have written? Now instead all he'll create is a wall of aural dirt so channel bleeding that you wouldn't be able to tell if he sampled his own defaction.

It's shit and it makes the world a worse place.

>defaction
Meant defecation.

If you fail to recognize the non-experimentative and non-subversive aspects of noise, you're only going to give this guy more reason to spout what he always does. If you're going to bite on his hook, at least don't provide the same limited viewpoint he has. Read his next reply. Again, he has said nothing different. STOP REPLYING

After just reading what he replied, you're right; it's pissing in the wind.

I'm fully aware that there's a wider circle of noise that isn't just anti-art. It seemed like that was his problem, so it was worth addressing directly.

But, yeah dude, you're a retard. If you *genuinely* think that artists should adhere to your own, personal standard of creativity and merit in art, then I don't know what to say to you.

are feet basically shoes for your ankles

Noise

>wall of noise
>pointless
>implying albums like pic related are pointless
But you make a fair point. I guess I just wouldn't call what you did "noise" is all. Not that it needs to be or anything

This is boring shit

Having done both digital and analog recordings I'd have to say it does make a difference. Neither is superior to the other but I find I enjoy making noise in analog and doing digital post production. A mix of both is good

When you don't really put any effort into it and then make it known then I feel like it detracts from the quality of your work

Also yeah it definitely sounded like a single layer so at least today I'm not sure how much you're fooling anyone

Why would a keyboard, guitar, or sax be a better use of time?

clyp.it/w5mmzpqg
Made a short sound experiment using a melody I made

Tell me what you think

Thanks

I actually fucked up and thought you had posteed in the /prod/ thread, I wouldn't have been so caustic normally, sorry.

It was something I made in a short timespan and I wouldn't release it on an album, ep, etc. so I'm fine with whatever is said

It was the knee jerk reaction I would post to noise getting posted in /prod/ I have no idea if it's any good within the genre, you'll have to ask someone else.

frogs :)

Reed Evans Rosenberg, Ethan Trip - Medium Rude
>noise,eai
a.cuntflaps.me/rlavyc.tar.xz

soundcloud.com/mephisto_waltz/the-visitation-feat-ornate-exit

Here's a new collaborative track I did with the immensely talented Ornate Exit

No pics but I play an elbowed lap steel /lap harp and friendo does source manipulation.

Sometimes we do improv sets, sometimes we work on rehearsed material, but the end product is a collection of field recordings and found sounds assembled in a collage type style with some melodic droney/ambient textures for guidance.

I'm looking to get a new sound source to run through my pedals. I'm thinking of checking out APCs or something. What would you guys suggest?

>What would you guys suggest?
A guitar.

volca

Something that'll fit in a box, I meant
I'll keep this in mind

why still noise harsh wall

lol

What are some tip top merzbow collabs?
he is great with Nordvargr, someone who isn't me please answer me.

Xiu xiu, full of hell, various Boris collabs, John wiese, and gore beyond necropsy are all good ones

i enjoyed this

this came out a few months ago. pretty rad

I have all the files, I just cant play them simultaneously on my phone :/

This is sick are you guys doing more?

y not

Sun Baked Snow Cave as well as Klatter (both with Boris) are dope

already

I love playing Iggy into this