Is neo-Sup Forums a real thing?

is neo-Sup Forums a real thing?
what year did you start browsing Sup Forums?

spring 2014

early 2014

like 2012

not only is neo-Sup Forums a real thing, but we have surpassed it, and come into the post-neo Sup Forums era

like early this year

June 18, 2013

Browsers don't affect board content, the question you want to ask is when did you start posting?

Around 2010, a bit after the MBDTF shitstorm, so the beginning of the actual Neo-Sup Forums, as said, we are currently in Post-Neo-Sup Forums

>people who started browsing Sup Forums after the deadmau5 sticky have been here for 6 years

makes you think

Why are there so many tripfags on Sup Forums and why aren't they all banned?

You don't see this on other boards.

It's so you know at a glance what kind of music the most ubiquitous posters like so you know when to disregard their opinions.

>Why are there so many tripfags on Sup Forums and why aren't they all banned?
you have no idea

this is probably the least amount of trips Sup Forums's ever had

not that i want them to come back (thank god most of them fucked off back to tumblr) but this is nothing compared to 2011-2012

have you ever been to /o/?

like 10 seconds

I don't drive but I want to learn motorcycling

>neo-Sup Forums

Neo-Sup Forums was 2010-2012, we're in neo-neo-neo-Sup Forums now. I wish we could go back to neo-Sup Forums at least there was some discussion then.

it used to be /o/ was like 20% posts by users with trips, don't know if it still is.

Sup Forums has always had trips

You were never here in 2011/2012 when there actually was a large amount of tripfriends on Sup Forums, 2012 in particular. If you don't believe me check the archives for tripfags per 2012 and you'll see that >half the listings are from 2012 (and not even all of 2012 is covered).

PROOF OF NEO MU
There definitely is a neo-Sup Forums in my personal opinion. 2013 is the time when this board got, in my opinion, significantly worse. It was when the feelguy meme was introduced to this board.

Not many will remember, but feels threads used to be nonexistent on this board. Even though feelguy was definitely a thing before 2013, it was seldom posted here. But yeah, after that I definitely lost a lot of interest in this board and I only lurk now.

Just to provide some proof of this shift, I have posted 2 screenshots of the most reposted images from before Feels threads and after.

Lot of people on here say that "mu was always shit". This has some truth to it, but to claim there isnt a neo-mu is just silly.

I switched from Sup Forums back in 2013

> It was when the feelguy meme was introduced to this board.

Confirmed started to browse in 2013.

Feels threads (with "feelguy") were around since 2011.

People come and go. Big fucking deal.

2013 btw

Like 2011
What the fuck happened

>5 threads about the same album

We used to be able to talk some Yeezy here but the newbie brigade is always chomping at the bit to tear one of our legends down. Without a doubt neo/mu/ has arrived

Like I said, it was definitely a thing, but not nearly as bad as it was in 2013. It was just pages and pages of

>tfw no gf

If you look at the sticky, it was posted in 2014. About a year after the feels threads had gotten so bad that they had to mention it in the sticky.

I started 2010 for the record

>>threads

Jesus Christ I knew people were new here but are they seriously that new that they can't tell what's in the picture and how isn't the catalog.

This isnt a catalog or list of threads, its just the number of reposts a certain image has on the site.

>They say people come and go, but that's bullshit. They do.

>Like I said, it was definitely a thing, but not nearly as bad as it was in 2013. It was just pages and pages of
>not nearly as bad

Except that's not what you said, yoh outrightly said it wasn't here which is bullshit.

This sticky is the second of the stickies that were made, the original didn't have NLDW in the background and was from early 2013, this one is a repost of that, but I'm sure you knew that.

I doubt you're from 2010 (maybe 2010 on Sup Forums) as you made two glaring mistakes.

>there are people who havent been on Sup Forums long enough to use Sup Forums before the catalog existed

does anyone remember the pre-captcha times

Yeah, thank you Kimmo/ A. Nontalk for ruining that.

Ive never been and active Sup Forums browser. I have of course been to the board, but im not familiar with it.

And you're correct about the sticky. But if you look at my proof you can clearly see that it truly wasn't as bad back then. I dont understand how you cant see the difference in the amount of feels that used to get posted, and that get posted now.

And I did infact start browsing on 2010, I have proof for this in the attached image.

Winter 2007

Jesus, what am I doing with my life

>shiggy

Is pic related the biggest event in Sup Forums and meme-rap history?

>But if you look at my proof you can clearly see that it truly wasn't as bad back then. I dont understand how you cant see the difference in the amount of feels that used to get posted, and that get posted now.

Archive.no-ip's waybackmachine entry didn't save everything so of course it wouldn't pick up minute things like that, it isn't an accurate representation of the state at the time as not everything was saved. I remember at the time what it was like and 2012 was the peak of the feels threads, not 2013 (hence the sticky about it in EARLY 2013). If you remember well (you don't) you would remember there being hundreds of tumblr threads/gay hookup threads as well in 2012 (which also don't show in that archive), it was an all round shitty year.

>created November 09, 2013

Don't try and trick me, there are hundreds of inactive *chans that have images from as early as 2006 that allow you to save them and show they were "modified" in that year but unless you change your PC's clock at the time of saving it'll show you created it at the time you first saved it so you started in 2013. Jesus at least use element to edit it or something and not look like a complete liar.

2013, but I've been on Sup Forums since 2009
>seeing all these 2013/2014 posters who probably were posting on Sup Forums for the first time and think they're oldfags now
>tfw they caused Sup Forums to go downhill
>tfw you probably did too despite mostly staying in the generals
weird feels

>posts K-On
>doesn't understand that he is the neo-Sup Forums
Look what we have become

>is neo-Sup Forums a real thing?
The only change is less indie-rock, more rap

>what year did you start browsing Sup Forums?
Early 2008 sometime as /trv/ was super slow back then

you sure assisted, generals killed Sup Forums, isolating music to corners while the shitposting took the mainstage

the filter system didnt help either, also eternally lax mod support

Yeah, I probably dont remember that well, I wasn't a very active browser during the peak of feels threads because the overall quality of the board fell quite a bit. Also I was a conscript for 7 months during that time, with little time for Sup Forums.

Would you mind replicating the effect that you describe? I can also post my Last.fm which is littered with Sup Forums core from as early as 2008, but the NMH really starts popping up at 2010.

i'm pretty sure in 2010 or in early 2011.

>would you mind showing me

1. Download Down-It-All
2. Go to any defunct *chan (look at overchan and find one)
3. Right clight -> all in directory C://pictures/
4. ???
5. Inspect properties of images
6. Congrats you are now an oldfag who has picture from 2007 to prove it.

>I can posy my last.fm

How about no, even if you're not lying about the pictures (which you are otherwise it would say created in 2010) you clearly weren't here for a sustained period to have any leverage to talk about this board accurately.

>generals killed Sup Forums
nah nig, I've been a part of chans/Sup Forums boards where generals killed them, this is nothing. There's like, 3 consistent generals (in terms of actual musical discussion (ie not bandcamp/soundcloud/rym/etc) on Sup Forums, whereas shit like /mlp/ has nothing but generals and is literally rip. Sup Forums doesn't even have close to a general problem.

mlp is mostly dead because the brony fanbase is dying and the show has nothing new to offer

late 09 to early 10 shit was cool then, but it's basically the same. last fm was god, 3x3 album artwork all days, lots of tripfags attention whoring
i was a jailbait back then but now I am legal drinking age (in mexico)

While generals do isolate music allowing shitposting to take stage it also allowed much, much more in depth discussions of many genres which before only got touched on and rarely explored, although this really shouldn't be limited in this way, especially for huge umbrellas like jazz, classical, trad and bleep.

>3 generals

Are you blind, half the board is a general in one way or another and most of them are contained shitflinging than anything else.

From the top of my head:

Last.fm
RYM
Daily
Emoe
GG
Bleep
Metal
Hip-Hop (rare though)
KPOP
Waifu
Japanese Music
Jazz
Blind Test

Probably a whole lot more as well.

I'm only 20 now though :^)

for sure, but remember the scene worships that would pop up now and again, remember in 2011 when Sup Forums got super into dubstep and garage and electronic shit in general? there was a point where the whole board thought techno and shit was gonna be the most discussed genre by this time

remember in early 2012 when Sup Forums discovered no wave and it was the rage of everyone for most of the year?

these things came and went naturally, they were scenes and if no wave were to happen now, it would be in a shitty isolated general with a few people arguing what IS and ISNT in the bracket they put up mentally and lording and exiling those who dont fit within the general consensus

i still dont get why we cant ban all waifu generals (including kpop) to either /s/ or /hr/ theyre all from those two boards anyway

>How about no

Ok. Just saying that I am not lying about the pictures. I have little technical know-how (by no means bad with computers) BUT I suspect the date may have changed after a back up or making a copy of the files. I think its funny that you think I am trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Please, if you have a proof in mind that would satisfy you, I can do my best to provide it.

Also, dont resort to insults about my leverage or time spent on here after your shaky claims about my "fradulent" images begin crumbling under the weight of my solid proof. In 2010 I was actively downloading every album I could from sharethreads and contributing my own shares (who remembers mediafire?), so I wouldn't say I was a casual browser. I was back in upper secondary school during that time so with 0 friends I had plenty of time for this board.

Half of those are extremely infrequent or dead, or just plain not a general at all. A general only does any bad when it's A.Taking traffic from the rest of the board, B. consistently made and remade 24/7, and C. have little discussion about or general relevance to the board subject. So basically out of what you listed, the only ones that meet all 3 are Daily and KPOP (RYM only doesn't count because it generally doesn't steal traffic and it being made and remade 24/7 is a really new phenomenon), both of which are obviously cancer we can all agree. Generally speaking though, the generals on Sup Forums aren't even close to a problem, the problem is literally the fact that Sup Forums lost it's culture. Ironic memes killed the internet.

>remember in 2011 when Sup Forums got super into dubstep and garage and electronic shit in general? there was a point where the whole board thought techno and shit was gonna be the most discussed genre by this time
fuck I wish I was around for that
these

lol it wasn't very good, most threads just got spammed with WUBWUBUWUBWUBUWUBUWUBWUB

hey, from what it sounds like at least there was a possibility of talking about "electronic music" outside of /bleep/ and people could actually differentiate electronic genres

nope.avi

We started a last.fm group because it was very, very basic here and it was mostly Daft Punk and Justice or the Big 4 on Warp. It was all very much all one genre and albums only, still is outside /bleep/ mostly.

It's fine, people usually stop responding so either you really were or really dedicated you were either way; you know if you were or not so it doesn't matter.

Lol no, the only infrequent one is /hip-hop/ and arguably every hip-hop thread is.

A, B and C is met with all those generals my man.

well then I guess people who say that nothing has changed are right in at least one way
seriously, I won't even claim to have a very extensive knowledge of electronic shit but it would be nice to talk about some artists other than the big four when it comes to """idm"""
boardwide bogdan raczynski appreciation when

metal general is daily AND is a gathering of crossposters from other boards who now detest all non riffage metal

kpop is obviously not Sup Forums or music

rym is just like last.fm with more bullshit because its a rating systems circlejerk instead of just listening to music with scrobbles and measuring your dick by how many hours listening and artists you have listened to being the centerpiece

daily is the only thing that is really Sup Forums or music consistently and its not really a thing everyone can get into

it wasnt that great, it was a lot of posting of shit eps of "future garage" in sharethreads and skrillex shitposting whenever someone brought up something about dubstep/brostep

they were still pretty basic and incompetent because genre overlords as you can see from this chart

>boardwide bogdan raczynski appreciation when

Lol you think he's any better than WARPcore? As I have news about his popularity if you searched his name on rbt.asia/mu

I started on Sup Forums 2012 and maybe browsed Sup Forums then but I only started coming here daily in like 2013, not sure if that makes me neo-Sup Forums or what
>tfw there was still regular ITAOTS spam back then
>reddit hadn't found out about Death Grips
>I'd never even heard of Grimes

today /s

You're neo-neo-Sup Forums. You're past the whole ironic period of 2012 and enter the realm of just being a general shitposter who brought this board further down.

not by much (if at all,) but my point is that it would be nice if a decent amount of the board ventured past even the most basic stuff to some slightly less well known artists such as him
also he just deserves more recognition in general imo, I really like his stuff

I swear posting was much better even back in 2013. I think late 2014/early 2015 boatloads of redditors seemed to arrive after they went ape over Jenny Death

>ventured past even the most basic

1. He is one of the most basic
2. Sup Forums has been like this since 2012 minimum ever since elitism died and venturing deeper into genres made you a "try hard non-poptimist shitlord".

You had beer goggles of newness, 2013 was not a good year, 2013 was the falllout of 2012 where the mods and janitors scrambled to remove blatant non-music aspects from the board (and failed) resulting in what we have today.

A large problem with any sort of ''electronic music'' is so many people see it as one genre and think it has hundreds of subgenres so just stick to the same main big names.

Despite techno or house being almost as old as hip hop and equally as varied and expansive, its not nearly as closely explored by most here, but thats largely because hip hop is the more popular genre of the 3 in America. No dig, just how it is as far as I can tell.

Another problem is if you start a house thread, or a techno thread on their own, /bleep/ kiddies will spam ''pardner'' and shitpost in it thinking they are superior because they use Hardwax.

>beer goggles of newness
I always suspected this, but it still has definitely got shitter since then

he's pretty basic, but he's definitely not the absolute most basic user. what I'm saying is that most don't go past the big four, assuming they even go past SAW 85-92 at all.
also unrelated but please rec some less basic stuff since you at least act like you're knowledgeable, I've been running dry on new interesting music and I feel like listening to some """idm""" type stuff. think of it like you're encouraging something to counter that second bullet point you made.

>venturing deeper into genres made you a "try hard non-poptimist shitlord".

That is one of my biggest issues with the board today. Poseur and other dumb similar memes have only helped make it worse.

were in the "ironic" period of the internet as a whole rn

the ironic shitposting era paved the way for what has plagued now facebook meme groups, tumblrs, and youtube for this self aware posturing of irony by loving memes as obsessively, obnoxiously and openly as we did in the 08 Sup Forums days

that's pretty much exactly how I see it user
the most ironic thing about it is that the ironic aspects of the memes have been stripped away from them as they've leaked into the popular internet and culture at large, leaving them with this "witty" veneer of irony even as they're enjoyed unironically by the people who've latched onto them as the next dank meme

Rock is for kids born in the wrong generation
Electronic isn't even music
Pop is shit for waifutards
Metal is for kids
Jazz is for fedoras
Classical is for old fucks
Soul and funk are for old black women

Hip hop is the only genre that matters

hip hop is for niggers

no music matters

To be fair, Sup Forums never was into electronic music (really without CLT and a few others the level of discussion for music would be YT comments tier outrightly) and never will now, it's best to go to RA to discuss it as /bleep/ knows nothing either.

For sure.

I can agree there but see the start of this post.

Sup Forums is poser central though and no I don't mean "oh you don't list tl post-brutal deathgaze" I mean they outrighly refuse to listen to "dadrock" because "oh I'm not le wrong generation lol exde".

The ironic internet was 2010-2012, we're not in the unironically ironic meaning those whl think they're being ironic actually enjoy the things they're ironic about but pretend otherwise.

yeah thats exactly the time period of the internet i wouldve referred to as the ironic shitposting times, and Sup Forums was the hub for that shit, and when 2013 happened smxxch/blf reigned their shitposting around of super ironic bullshit and then when s4s happened it fucking exploded, and has only spread, and become more and more widely used online outside of Sup Forums since

>not a single metal thread

I miss this. These times were significantly better.

Yes but you what people don't realise was that esfores was originally an in-joke playground for /jp/, ylilauta, KC and other boards/ sites where the posting age was signficantly higher than the average on Sup Forums and they joked about the old memes and created "new memes" to parody the new wave of the internet as they were tired of their ironic stage but people who didn't understand took it seriously and "any community that pretends to be idiots will eventually be flooded be idiots whl think they're in good company".

Uh oh someone's newness is showing PS that picture isn't a catalog newfriend.

Yesterday.

>someone's newness is showing.

2011 mate, what year did you start browsing. Because I sure as fuck remember there being less metal.

late 2014

>less metal

And you think that isn't new? lol Before gorespammer metal used to be the main focus on this board newshit.

even with all that shitpostimg, you still made classical sound the best

You all forget the majority of the board are underage, have been here less than 3 months and only recently just started exploring music outside of the charts.

What do you expect?

That's implicit. Only the underagebans don't realise it.

Before gorespammer shit was mostly fantano, radiohead and AnCo. after and when gorespammer happened it was a lot of Death Grips. Metal related threads used to be ridiculed back then, and rightfully so. Nice try though metalfag

>The only change is less indie-rock, more rap

well Sup Forums has always just been the pitchfork forums since IMC and TheTourist

>shit was mostly fantano, radiohead and AnCo

Jesus you are new aren't you? Fantano only started (to post himself) here in 2010, early 2010 and beyond was consistent metal, but why should I bother you started out in 2011 so you only know memes and nothing else.

Today.
>neutral milk hotel pic on first page.
Im also leaving rn.

You realise that this comment only confirms my comment right?

Late 2009, first threads I remember seeing was a what.cd begging thread and someone posting the back cover of ITAOTS saying it was a drum

sent :^)

yes