Best rapper ?

Who is the best rapper ? For me it's Eminem

Jay Electronica... if he EVER RELEASES SOMETHING.

Or I'll just go with Kendrick Lamar.

Ever? Hard to say. Eminem is top 5 for sure.

mac dre

don't disgrace mac dre's name by posting it in a thread with m&m's name attached

Eminem isn't the best rapper but Stan happens to be one of the best rap songs for sure

This.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not

In terms of generational influence I'd say he's pretty damn high on the totem pole.

My problem is I think there's a drastic drop in overall quality when it comes to anything post-encore. I haven't listen to MMLP2 in a while but I don't remember being that impressed.

Hip-Hop and Rap in general is one of the few genres of music I am woefully lacking in when it comes to what I've actually sat down and listened to.

If you ask me the post-encore releases sometimes have a decent or even good track here or there but they simple can't match the consistency of the pre-relapse albums. I haven't listened to recovery in forever as well, so it might be a time to revisit his discog for me.

Now? MF DOOM.
In ten years? Earl Sweatshirt.

>In ten years? Earl Sweatshirt.
what?

i think he's just trying to say people praise music when it's older, idfk.

Not what I'm saying. I think within the span of ten years Earl will reach his full potential, ergo in ten years I think he'll be the best rapper.

Earl is gonna be dead in 5 years tops

Then he will be praised as genius like 2pac.

T H I S
H
I
S

I thought I was the only one who thinks he's the best

2pac died while being one of the most popular rappers in the world. Earl's popularity has already peaked and it wasn't anywhere close even then.

retrogott

deutschrap ist extrem schwul und armselig

Rapper ≠ lyricist or MC

If we're talking about MC', for me, its Kurupt. A lot of his solo stuff is decent, but more importantly, the work he does on his features are incredible. He also wrote for loads of different artists. His freestyled are crazy

>Earl's popularity has already peaked
How do you know?

Probably andre3000

I can't know that, but it seems very safe to assume that. He had his biggest audience with OF when he appealed to internet teens, hipsters/backpackers, young people in general. Now days he is way less edgy, way less "cool", a lot darker and different than the mainstream, and he only seems to become more so (Solace after IDLS...)

it's too hard to judge, if you talk intricate flows/rhymes:

(no particular order)

Big Pun
Big L
Eminem
Pharoahe Monch
Aesop Rock
Jay Electronica
Eminem
Andre 3000
MF DOOM
Canibus
Kendrick Lamar

and probably a bunch of others I forgot to mention, but that's not all. Be aware that this intricacy is also dictated by the respective era.

Like when Nas first hit the scene or Rakim, their flows and lyrics were thought to be the pinnacle or a revolution, fast forward a few years and both of their styles were adopted by many other rappers.

There's much more to rap than just that though. Something can be catchy or deep or well executed without relying on overtly technical aspects.

Subject Matter
Enunciation
Picking Beats
Quality Control (don't release garbage)

Are also very important aspects.

Hopsin

бaндит 228

How about tech n9ne?

Famous Dex