Let's bullshit about the future a little bit. What is the next trend/artist about to blow up (i.e...

Let's bullshit about the future a little bit. What is the next trend/artist about to blow up (i.e. the next tropical house, dancehall, etc.)? Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5PSFQj55OjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Footwork

Weeb $!@m
You heard it here first

Uk garage

I wish.

we're going to fall back into guitar revivalism again in pop, it always goes in cycles and it's been at least 6 - 7 years of over produced pop

also

>Dancehall (already getting mislabelled on Rihanna's Work)
>Autotune in 'serious' genres like ambient, post dubstep (Hecker's 'Music Of The Air' and James Blake's 'Put That Away And Talk To Me' being examples)

i fucking hope we don't have MORE guitar revivalism horseshit. blues managed to pass with dignity, so i hope rock takes a hint and tries to salvage its going out, 'cause it's been an embarrassing feeding tube-enabled vegetable for almost two decades

James Blake has been using autotune since his first album lol

no just no
JB has been using autotune since CMYK

this

fair point, stand corrected

also

>trap feeding into over genres soon

I really wouldn't call james blakes output these days post-dubstep

>stand corrected
>let me say something else that's entirely untrue

fuck... now that I think about it you're totally right

What genres is trap going to feed into exactly?

I really like what Kiss It Better and Dangerous Woman have been doing. That mechanical guitar feel.

:')

r&b, soul, indietronica, post dubstep

chill trap/future bass, though it's too normie for this board
youtube.com/watch?v=5PSFQj55OjI

I REALLY hope that real instruments would be used more often in genres other than rock, but that wont happen, musicans arent just as talanted as they once was. Quite sad actually

please be baiting

who is d'angelo, julia holter, joanna newsom, james blake, jai and a.k. paul, fiona apple

I remember seeing the name Julia Holter somewhere but I forget where.

I'm hoping for genres with predominantly shorter songs to start using progressive song structures.

>post dubstep
This hasnt been a thing since like 2010 lmao

Ugh, diluted footwork in the mainstream is going to be the worst.

Is it making it big in the clubs now?

this tbqh. The last rock album that came close to a Revolver, Peppers, Dark Side, Zep IV, or Nevermind in terms of influence, sales, and critical reception was OK Computer.

Radiohead were hailed as the saviors of rock, but they were smart, they knew it was dying, and they incorporated a completely different set of influences into their sound.

What other rock albums have reached a level like that? Funeral perhaps. But the 00s indie rock scene, of which Funeral is the cream of the crop, was simply a nostalgic fad.

It's telling that the top two "rock" albums on RYM since 2000 are both from 2000; and one of them is Kid A, which is only loosely connected to rock, and LYSF,
which is post-rock. After rock.

Rock hasn't had an opus since 97. Very soon that will be 20 years. Indie rock came and went.

Time to move on.