Is the Music industry really sexist?

I have Rachel Goshwell as a friend on Facebook. She recently posted a article piece in which Bjork was discussing the music industry and how it was a "boys club". Now lately there's been a lot of talks in the media about sexism and over all the current relationship between the sexes. I was very tempted to comment on her status, but given the people who commented on her status I knew I wasn't going to get a levelheaded discussion. So do you guys think? Is the music industry really sexist against women, or is this just another instance of the radical left's spin doctors creating controversy to further their agenda?

99% of producers and engineers and album creators are men. Most women are bored in those roles and don't learn them.

Why do girls cry so much?

because women in music are marketed for sex, it's not really that hard to figure out

it's really funny that you came here of all places to have a proper discussion about this

>I wanted a level-headed discussion about misogyny
>so I went to Sup Forums
not even an SJW and that just is all sorts of what, OP

is this the part where i post bjork?

this thread was shite to begin with so sure thing mr. lopez

yes the music industry is probably sexist

either that or literally every notable person to ever comment on it was lying (hint: they weren't)

I don't think it is. I've gone to 3 different music schools, and i's been true for all of them; women don't study composition, production, engineering, management, etc. They want to play or sing. I have no clue why this is, and I guess you might argue that it is down to deeply ingrained societal norms or whatever, but men filling the majority of roles women don't strive to fill =/= sexism.

And what agenda would that be? Not being pressed for sexual favors in the music industry? Kesha is dealing with it, grimes has mentioned it, it's not that difficult to understand what happens when you put a bunch of horny men into power.

Yes do it for our queen.

>Kesha is dealing with it

I thought she'd been proven a liar? In any case, a few bad eggs doesn't render an entire industry sexist.

It happens in every entertainment industry, just because you don't hear about it more often doesn't mean it isn't happening, what good would it do the person to come forward and mark themselves as difficult to work with thus ending their career? You can either try to change the system, in which you'll most likely fail because lawyers and money, or you can continue trying to have a career and going to therapy. These type of people are harbored until finally it's blown wide open at which point more people come forward and we wonder how it's managed to go on for so long, it's a cycle, we see it all the time. It's the powerful preying on the weak who want to make it and are willing to do what it takes.

she's a screamer...in the sac 8^DDDD

Yes it's sexist. No question.

Whether it's Bjork or FKA Twigs or whoever it's sexist.

>just because you don't hear about it more often doesn't mean it isn't happening

So, wait... How do you know that it is?

daily reminder to be nice to bork

He's an idiot. You hear about it all the time in music

Considering how many successful women there are in the music industry, it clearly isn't.

Wether there are sexist people in positions of power within it is another matter, and I'd be willing to bet a hand on the fact that there are.

I really don't. Once in a while, I guess, but it hardly seems rampant.

Industry's full of arrogant, self-centered pricks that treat everyone around them like shit, there's sexism for sure but calling it a "boys club" to me implies a degree of camaraderie between the men that doesn't exist

How come Japanese rock bands have women much more frequently?

>I have Rachel Goswell as a friend on Facebook
that's actually sick

Human behavior and Isobel are one of her coolest looking music videos.

which do you prefer to listen too, Debut or Post?

Is it sexist to take the path of least resistance? To use whatever advantage afforded to you to advance your career?

Post but furiously masturbating to the cover of Debut.

Why does it look like she has the downs?

debut all the way

no downs just qt

>wasn't going to get a levelheaded discussion
so, naturally, you come to Sup Forums

all the cool girls are downs

checked

>coalburner
all worth is now null

He got fucking trips. Is no one going to derail the thread with that?

Is Björk the Björk of our Björk?

>Considering how many successful women there are in the music industry, it clearly isn't.
if you're talking strictly performers, then yeah. women are more in the spotlight than they have ever been.

but when it comes to engineering, producer, promoter, etc. roles women are vastly outnumbered. it's not as visible so there's not as much discussion.

the problem is that young girls who might be interested in those behind-the-scenes careers don't see anyone like them to look up to, so they don't even consider it as an option and look for something else. it's a cycle that perpetuates itself.

then again i'm not sure how many women are genuinely interested in those types of roles. even with gear enthusiasts, people who are not pursuing anything as a career, women are few and far between.

difficult to have camaraderie among people who are ultimately giant egotists

>young girls who might be interested in those behind-the-scenes careers

there aren't any opportunites for attention whoring there

She's the Björk of my heart.

bork
i like this

This is a thread. Go there.

I don't see it.

what's her name again?

brek

Post is my favorite album but thats most likely fueled by nostalgia

I went to school for audio engineering and there were plenty of women with the same degree

who is she talking too?

Is that Rivers Cuomo?

>he problem is that young girls who might be interested in those behind-the-scenes careers don't see anyone like them to look up to, so they don't even consider it as an option and look for something else. it's a cycle that perpetuates itself.

Then they're retarded. If you need to share the same genitals as someone to look up to them then you're too dumb to live.

If there's too many guys though she might think she could be fucked over a console and ruin the fire eq settings

>the problem is that young girls who might be interested in those behind-the-scenes careers don't see anyone like them to look up to, so they don't even consider it as an option and look for something else. it's a cycle that perpetuates itself.

this is the same reason the left (mostly the regressive left) give to justify changes to womens sports, the film industry, ect. if we force enough women in various roles (through affirmative action or whatever) then it will become more normalised, and more people will start paying attention to it (e.g. giving womens sports the same amount of prize money as men despite crowd turnouts and sponsorship deals). for the film industry, to force concepts like an all girls cast (like the ghostbusters reboot) may result in a shitty film but will encourage writers to include more women in their scripts, leading to better character development ect. the SJWs will defend all of this until the end of time because they have nothing else better to do.

>being pressed for sexual favors
>grimes has mentioned it
>fucking grimes
now I know you're baiting

is it a bad thing that i really really want to fuck bjork

no brother you're just like the rest of us able bodied straight cis white males

she's not someone you'd normally want to fuck that much though, right?

i'm black and want to fuck her. I don't know if black counts as able-bodied though.

music industry? does it even exist still?

Who cares

PHILOSOPHY:

to state a present day reality about a group is to support the continuing state of them in that reality

to not want to move a group from one reality to a "better" reality is "ethically bad"

"better" in this case is defined as "more creative" and "more entrepreneurial" perhaps regarding art?

is making art an act of "empowerment?" does reducing the act of "majoring in composition" to the mere state of "overcoming a power structure" have a negative effect on society as a whole?

is it possible that things are fine how they are, already?

when females are angry about something in the world, is it OK to both take their thoughts into account, and also discard them quickly thereafter?

is it possible to have a realistic, positive, loving, good outlook on reality that takes all people into account - MEN AND WOMEN BOTH - and all realities, which all can agree upon and feel peaceful about? can men and women, as one example of "identities" - ever really fully agree? can women ever "admit" anything negative about their "identity" while remaining friends? can groups be understood realistically and compassionately beyond gender and political lines? in a new way? just wondering.

I hope so

Why does this make me laugh so much??

you probably have a better chance considering she's known for her bbc fetish

it's a bit late i suppose