Albums that make you wish an artist had stopped when they peaked

Albums that make you wish an artist had stopped when they peaked.

wew

Should have stopped after NOTM, they would be legends

This. Following it up with an album this middling makes it hard to get hype about what comes next and also to end their legacy on a strong note.

It's their King of Limbs. Feels like treading water.

this shit still goes hard as fuck, its literally one of the best they've made. youre probably a TMS/EMX fag anyway so i dont know why im falling for this bait

why the fuck would you want an artist to stop even if its worse than the previous work?

bottomless bit is their second best behind tms debate me

So does no one remember the "Death Grips 2.0" thing? This is obviously Dg 2.0's Money Store. The album that lays the groundwork for their coming projects. They said themselves that they are a performing arts piece and that everything they do falls into this. Goddamn people don't be so blind.

bottomless pit is their third best behind NOTM and NLDW. the money store is almost their worst album

because death grips isn't an artist, it is an art project itself

don't get me wrong, i love their new album

but I can see how some people feel like "death grips" could have been nicely wrapped up with the powers that b

>the money store is almost their worst album
when will this meme end

On GP was the perfect closer where Beware was the perfect beginning. This just feels trivial

dunno if stopping at the peak is so ideal, it leaves you with the feeling that they could have gotten even better

it doesn't add much to their sound but it's my favorite/most listened relative to the time it's been out so far so nah, fuck off

Mastodon's last album, whatever the fuck it was called. it was shit

>why the fuck would you want an artist to stop even if its worse than the previous work?

because user thinks music is a fashion statement and is a faggot just like these ones

I don't get you guys at all, Hot Head is way crazier than anything they did before.

I love it personally. Sup Forums is just contrarian asf

I would debate you guys on DG's best album, but I'm not really into surface reality

does anyone have the high res bp cover?

i saw it posted before but forgot to save it.

That's cool, what would a non-surface level discussion look like though?

I can almost agree with this. What is their worst?
>inb4 GP

I've gotta be the only faggot that thinks all of their albums sound the exact same.

o-of course

Or the music they made after NOTM dropped has been so forgettable I'd rather it not exist.

agreed

They don't have a worst. Imo NOTM=NLDW>TMS=EXM=GP=BP=FW=JD

It shouldve been.
>Exmilitary
>TMS
>NLDW
>Hoffman Interview
>BP

Thats it nothing else nothing more they couldve been literal gods. GP was fucking garbage, fashion week was worse, NOTM and Jenny death were ok definitely not the supposed conclusion I was expecting.

9.99/10 rating scale tbqh

They should stick to EPs. That's where they really shine.

As a longtime fanatic from the beginning, Jenny Death should have been it.

idk I think Hot Head and BB Poison were worth it.

I don't know, I don't really look to human achievements much, more internal

>internal
Are you a non-human? Elsewise anything that is going on with you internally is a "human achievement"

its a meme you dip

from one of their only interviews.

>jenny death is their peak

L O L

NOTM >>> BP > GP > NLDW = ExM > TMS > JD

Am dog actually

;)

That one graphic where people who liked The Money Store were labeled as plebs and people more into Governemtn Plates and shit were designated the elite Death Grips listeners was taken way too seriously. It's not like Death Grips has ever had a casual listening base to begin with. It's white idiots trying to be the fringe of the fringe listeningbase that is a Death Grips audience. There's nothing wrong with loving The Money Store. It isn't casual.

Do you feel superior because you know more memes, user?

I was looking up the "I'm not much into surface reality" interview and I stumbled upon this gem from our autistic little brother of a website
But really, if you watch the p4k DG interview I think this is the polar opposite of what ride and the guys want, you shouldn't be overthinking the albums or analyzing the music as "pro LGBT" or ordering their albums, I think if it elicits an emotional response it's a good and personal thing, and you shouldn't be idolizing and trying to relate to ride, you should just accept the sound as raw emotion and feeling and leave it at that.
I just sounded more autistic than the redditor, didn't I.

Anyone else really feeling More Than the Fairy?
Shit's fucking great.

Trying to find any meaning or message in music is some straight up dumbassery

The fag actually brings up an interesting observation to some extent, I see what he's talking about.

But, I'm pretty sure nigger has been coined plenty times, or is it just me?

I really agree

>On GP
>closer

I'm pretty sure Death Grips are and always will be opposite to regresssive Sup Forums bullshit so I get their point. I doubt they even care for the Sup Forums Sup Forums audience they've gained from their meme success.

King of Limbs is great though, pleb.

I'm sounding gay as hell but On GP is like the last chapter to Death Grips's 'Knee Deep in The Dead' whereas 'Deathgrips 2.0' is their lead into 'The Shores of Hell'.

NLDW>TMS=EM=NOTM=GP>JD>BP

Man I wonder what NLDW 2.0 is gonna sound like

only in the title of Niggas on the Moon, never in their lyrics.

i still think exmil is best

TMS/EMX fags are the people who like BP the most. Countless times I've seen people say this album is their best since TMS.

>tms is their magnum opus
When will this meme end

I've had it on repeat since it was released, i fucking love it, favorite track for me other than Up My Sleeves.

The whole excluding faggot, nigger, lesbian shit I think is fucking gold. When you add nigger to your song youre literally directing the song towards blacks only I mean who else besides your mother do you REALLY call a nigger. When Ride is rapping hes not aiming towards blacks, whites, fag, dykes hes addressing everyone and somehow maintaining that throughout their career baffles me.

Reread it and it's not as cringey as I thought, though I think they're still degrading to women to an extent, like in "known for it"

I Don't Think It Is by Say Anything. ...Is a Real Boy is one of my favorite albums ever... and Say Anything has only declined since.

>Trying to find any meaning or message in music is some straight up dumbassery

Music is a way of conveying emotion, and if that emotion somehow translates to meaning...
But connecting to an artist on the basis of connecting to their music and a single interview is full retard.

One last sperg
The intention of music is to convey emotion, therefore good music is music that conveys emotion well
Which is completely subjective, which is why there is no absolute best or worst
So arguing best and worst is stupid, and all it really makes sense to talk about us the individual and personal merits of each album
So there is no such thing as a bad album
So I don't have to feel bad about liking bottomless pit

It's amazing how many times Ride says bitch. Also he does say faggot in Face Melter

desu its probably Recovery and mainly pic related

[spoiler]Eminem is probably the best answer for this question desu senpai completely forgot about him[/spoiler]

Bad Taste