Jazz is lame as fuck

Jazz is technically advanced and complex, but also sucks balls and is boring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oe1tHhQR6vY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't think anybody asked you to weigh in on this issue

this

It has no structure, and that's why it has no artistic merit compared to something perfectly planned out and executed

>It has no structure

b8 harder

>Implying music MUST HAVE STRUCTURE to have artistic merit

lol

The fact that this thread has a single reply is exactly why this board is going downhill, even compared to how bad its been.

Terrible bait, terrible bait replies, you're all honorary Australians for this level of shitposting.

That post is facetiously arguing in favor of jazz you fucking retards

>anything I don't like is bait

woah bro calm your titty bitties

nice job boys let's pack it up we've done it again

If you're not a completely irredeemable pleb, it'll click. You shouldn't be making statements like this when you've probably only heard about 6 minutes of jazz tops. I was 16 once too.

what album made it click for you?

pic related

hot rats helped

>listen to all the Jazz essentials
>still can't get myself to enjoy it

What am I doing wrong?

Awful opinion.

Imagine how boring music would be if no one ever broke the structure, they just followed what everyone did before them.

You would have a lifetime of post-grunge bands copying Nirvana for the end of time.

For me it was Herbie Hancock's Man-Child

stop listening to jazz essentials.

dig for some torrents of bootlegs of old jazz for tight club feel. jazz is the making of it but thats my flavor. many here like the composition

FUUUCCK I really should've mentioned that one

I'm a huge funk fan, so man child was a perfect way to listen to something familiar while being exposed to unfamiliar concepts

For me I never listened to it until I started playing jazz in bands at school (trumpet) and now it's my favourite genre by far, so varied once you get into it

'Does yon huckleberry, want a normal one, to go, with that tarbrush?' said ted nugent to oprah.

There's bleus, there's serialist music. Jazz is not serialist bleus music. Jazz is merely a term guys use, who prefer fans and critics fuck the fuck off to their kiddieplayhouses. Fuck both those camps. Play serialist bleus music. And suck my dick.

"boring"

youtube.com/watch?v=oe1tHhQR6vY

Time Out by Dave Brubeck is what really got me into jazz.

Bitches brew

That album is too soft. Try Coltrane - a love supreme