Do you remember when you first heard Nevermind?

Do you remember when you first heard Nevermind?

I was 13, in 1992. My older cousin played it for me in his room. And I remember being just mesmerized by it. It was unlike anything I had ever heard before.

I bought the cassette and played it on my walkman literally every moment I could after school.

Listening to it for the first time was one of the most memorable moments of my life - up there with OJ Simpson driving on TV, watching 9/11 at school, and Barack Obama being elected.

3/4 of your most memorable moments are television events

pleb, Ok Computer was better

It was about a year ago. Until then, I intentionally avoided listening to it because I felt like hating Nirvana would make me look more like I knew things about music. Then I read something that said Cobain had a similar taste in music to what I liked at the time, so I gave it a chance. Smells Like Teen Spirit knocked the elitism right out of me, and now I enjoy Nevermind, though I still think the singles are by far the best songs on it.

>>>>>>>>

I was a freshman in high school when it came out. I was into alt rock at the time like Pixies, Sonic Youth and taped 120 Minutes every week. Most of my peers were still listening to hair bands and pop and called my music "weird". Then it seemed like overnight everybody was into Nirvana and alternative. Pretty amazing how the floodgates just poured open.

never listened to it, never going to.

I'm better than you, OP

>being 13 in 1992

Wew lad, a bit old for Sup Forums are we not?

I just heard Nevermind a month or two ago

Don't you have some fucking off to be doing?

6/10

maybe his school was in the plane

says the 17 year old

1992, I was 7. My older brother, who is about OP's age, was into Nevermind. I checked it out. Didn't really like it. Liked Pearl Jam a lot more at the time.

Couple years later, I checked out In Utero and dug that one a lot more.

you watched 9/11 in college, because you were 22 in 2001

I'm 18

But if I am still posting here in my 30's I am going to end it all

>But if I am still posting here in my 30's I am going to end it all
Why wait? Do it, faggot

heh

I'm 55..Love it here and not going anywhere. Why do you young ones think you own this place?

Why wait. You know you'll be here. Just do it now and avoid the 12 years of baneful existence.

No. I remember knowing of "Come As You Are" as a kid, though, as I used to think he was saying "Dan Mariiiiiinnnooooo..."

>13 in 1992
>watching 9/11 at school
Something doesn't add up here.

Also, as someone who was 13/14 in '92 myself, I find it odd that Obama being elected makes your most memorable list, but not the motherfucking Berlin Wall coming down, Tienanmen Square, and the fall of the USSR.

Careful, you might cut yourself being so edgy.

Saw them live in Cologne in 1991 just before Smells like Teen Spirit got big. They played the songs of Nevermind I think, so that's where I heard it first. Bought the CD soon after. Mine doesn't have the Endless Nameless track on it.

Not even.

If he was 13 in the first half of '92 (which is likely as Nevermind was released in Sept. '91), then he should have graduated from college no later than the spring of '01 (as I did). He should have been out of college by the time 9/11 happened.

how old are you man?

Do you remember the 21st night of September?

>can't even do basic math

>I was 13, in 1992
>one of the most memorable moments of my life was watching 9/11 at school

you were still in school when you were 22?

kek'd

Agreed but in utero was better than siamese

College you tard unless youre implying that a 90s kid that loved nirvana wouldnt have gone to college. Then carry on.