Help Phil plz, if you can

Help Phil plz, if you can

www gofundme com/elverum (add the periods)

Other urls found in this thread:

pwelverumandsun.com/
pwelverumandsun.com/store
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's sad, I don't know much about cancer but isn't inoperable stage 4 pretty grim?

Shit, I would donate if PayPal was an option.
I hope they can make it through this.

That's pretty goddamn horrible to hear :(

i just saw this god damn this is so tragic, two of my favorite people in such a shitty situation. i'm going to chip in. is this the first time they've talked about their child i hadn't heard.

bump, ppl need to see this
it is pretty grim, thats why Phil needs our support more than ever, even if its a death sentence

Shit that's terrible. Realistically they should have just let the cancer take her though. It'll get her soon enough regardless, it'd be better to not be homeless after it happens when you have a child that young.

yeah, i don't mean to sound crass but she probably doesn't have much time left. my uncle had pancreatic cancer and it was tough to watch, but at least it was relatively quick.

man this is just incredibly sad, wow.

>inoperable stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Next album confirm to be his darkest

Addressing the elephant in the room and hoping he makes some good music during these troubled times

not the time

why must bad things happen to good people
why couldn't it have been some corporate overlord or something

life is fucking absurd, for real.

It's during times like these that a true masterpiece is created. It's a rare and once in a lifetime opportunity and I hope he doesn't pass it up. It'll have to wait til she's gone though.

according to the information on the page he hasn't even had the time to write any music for the past year.

I messaged Phil like a month and a half ago about possibly meeting him while I'm in Seattle, got this in response
had no idea things were this serious :( ily Phil

>Phil is one of my all time favorite artists and writers
>his wife gets cancer
>I'm broke as fuck and trying to save for college so I can't really spare anything
I'm so fucking sorry Phil.

Why would you ask him that?

i will pirate his albums.

this may sound dumb, but we should try to get fantano to retweet it. not a fan of his, but he has a large amount of followers and could spread the message. plus he's a fan of phil's.

Instead of begging for money like a chump why doesn't he release a album and say all the proceeds go to his cancer battle.

because he's my all time favorite artist? some musicians are down to meet with fans, it never hurts to ask

He's such a nice guy, why does he have to deal with this shit?

not a bad idea i'll tweet it to him

he doesn't have time to make music. he's busy taking care of a wife with an awful diagnosis and who's future looks grim and also a very young baby.

Albums take time to make, he clearly said he hasn't written any new music in a while, and you're not going to make any significant money through a fundraiser album, that's more for "buying new gear" levels of money not "crippling medical bills" money

because things such as that take a long time, usually a year at least, and all his time at the moment goes to caring for his wife, and baby? at this point he could only release a compilation album.

i hope you guys get cancer for posting cancer

>Sit tight bedridden wife. Papa Phil needs to hit the studio to create the ultimate mixtape to fix all your medical bills

Get Fantano to donate a shit ton of that adsense money

Electrical

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make music for a long time actually. The loss of his wife could devastate him to the point of not even wanting to listen to music, much less write or play it.

He would probably spend the majority of his free time raising their daughter if that happens.

Phil should be able to afford 50k with all that big Microphones $$$ he's pulled in over the years.

He's clearly become a drug addict looking for the means to get his next fix. Don't buy it anons

not to mention the stress/time consumption of raising a child alone

Yeah, but there may not be another album. Phil has no money because of this. He might need to take up a day job

But, hopefully as long as he still has his hollowed out church/recording studio, hopefully he can work. Though he nor O Paon have worked at all since she was diagnosed

this clearly isn't some viper-esque ruse

Electrical

It doesn't have to be new material. It could be a compilation of unreleased material, b-sides, live tracks. Shit ain't hard to throw together and upload.

Why do bad things have to happen to the nicest people? What has Phil or O Paon done to deserve this?

>all that big Microphones $$$
if you subtract essentials and money put towards more music, The Microphones made him like $200 richer

>why didn't anybody appreciate my edgy reply?

It's a pretty suicide tier situation. Yet another reason why I'm too afraid to have children myself. There's too much stress behind it.

The idea that Phil Elverum, a guy who's music I've see posted on this website every single day for 3 years doesn't have a big enough following to pay for his and his wife's albums so that they can survive something like this depresses me. I feel bad for torrenting his music, though I have bought a considerable amount of it over the years.

I can't believe this. I had no idea they even had a child. That just makes this even worse.

All this out of nowhere. Though it does explain the "i'll name your band for 35$" nonsense.

>pirating music from artists is now edgy
you probably pirated something today you fucking hypocrite

fuck i didn't even think about that
this is so unbelievably awful
why did it have to be them out of literally anyone? they're my first thought when i think of nice musicians and they live near me too

>Though it does explain the "i'll name your band for 35$" nonsense
I thought that was just a classic Phil messaround, can't believe they've been dealing with this for a year.

pwelverumandsun.com/

this is so fucking sweet. Phil added a huge write up about his wife in light of the recent news

I guess you could you say her glow is gone

I pirate stuff all the time, what's edgy is your timing.
>Oh, this artist is in a tough spot and his wife might die
>I'll pirate his music lel
This is just one of the rare times on Sup Forums that we get serious, I guess

>Though it does explain the "i'll name your band for 35$" nonsense.
Damn, you're right.

>normally I would say yes
So after this whole thing is over do you guys think he'll chill with me?

>tfw she's off Course

>taking Sup Forums seriously

look at this edgy faggot

Well, considering that the unfortunately likely outcome to this leaves Phil a widower, I'd have to say no

fuck this is bullshit

>summer

>"What the fuck? No family history of cancer, never smoked or drank, mostly vegetarian, so much organic food, big water drinker, young, a profoundly good person."

Kill me

the bit about existentialism coming and then fading when the harsh reality sets in. jesus its so heartbreaking.

can i shill my gofundme page for college here? im a minority btw so i know what it is like to experience hardship too.

nice Sup Forums meme

This is why GMO-hating vegans can get fucked.

>Advanced pancreatic cancer, stage 4, inoperable, chemotherapy ASAP, “do you want to talk to the chaplain?”, get the wills in order, etc.
>“do you want to talk to the chaplain?”
if i could cry i would be crying

>Schweigert
fuck me, that's a face I haven't seen in a long time

this is why he did the "One of Everything" thing in the store isn't it

considering it is the music board, yes it is

so much of the things he's done in the last year and half make sense now
>i was bummed he didn't tour after sauna
>turns out he was busy taking care of a newborn

is there no paypal option?

Incredibly sad

Hopefully Pitchfork will write an article about it.

pretty sure there's a general donate button in his webstore that would take paypal

you can donate directly on his website, or buy something if you want

>"Existence is officially confirmed to be surreal and totally absurd."

not enough race baiting to draw in the clicks for pitchfork to cover

Support this family! I have been for years. Buy their music.

Crap

His music isn't that great to be honest.

>tfw there are huge Phil Elverum fans asleep right now who don't know this is waiting for them in the morning

FUCK i remember that

Phil and his folk seem like such genuinely good people. I tossed a tenner their way, as it was the very least I could do given all his art has got me through.

no. i dont like their music. cancer sucks though

>all of phil's tweets start to make sense
Jesus why

Try donating through his store. That should help a bit.

pwelverumandsun.com/store

if this isnt all over the music sites in the morning im gonna be pissed

And their wallets

How so? In that picture there are at least 6 fantastic albums. Phil's songwriting is great and he always experiments with new genres and influences such as Black Metal on Wind's Poem and Drone on Sauna, and it's always seen a pretty good result, not even to mention the masterpiece that is Mount Eerie

jesus christ

How much did you guys donate?

Blackstar, Pt. 2

wow, i hadn't even read the new entry on his site when i made that post. but it's true.

I'm broke atm but I'm giving as much as I can as soon as I can

donated $20, bought $30 worth of merch as well

Doesn't matter as long as people donate

Wow, this is really sad. I'm not hugely familiar with Phil's catalog, but the Glow pt 2 got me through many-a classes in high school. I liked it a lot, became a classic staple in my music lineup. Where else could I go with his discography? I hardly know anything about the guy, just that I like that album.

The fact that this is only now just getting out goes to show how much Phil's close friends, music friends, Anacortes friends and acquaintances love and respect him.

$0.00

listen to it was hot, we stayed in the water and then Mount Eerie the album

Definitely listen to The Microphones' Mount Eerie if you haven't already, that's his masterpiece in my opinion.