youtube.com/watch?v=myOJ4uu7Mt8

this is my jam atm senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=lgtvwPNO4So

this is so fucking bad, five finger death punch tier

pretty neat thanks

Robb Flynn should be shot.

>"Ashamed of the racists I used to call brothers"
Robb Flynn is the biggest bitch in metal overall

will they bounce back to their former glory, Sup Forums?

colours was just a unique album at the time of it's release, songwriting-wise they've been getting better with each album, I don't like them at all though

They've always been horrible
youtube.com/watch?v=R40wAZxMsTg
youtube.com/watch?v=oipeeZs65EI
youtube.com/watch?v=ibv901WqAh0

untrue

TSC-TGM is goat, everyone knows this

>Ants of the Sky
>bad

You're joking, right?

what great artwork

No they're not
Colors has been one of the most damaging progressive rock/metal albums ever released and everything before that was mathcore leaning trash, BTBAM have never written anything interesting in their life and it's so obvious when you listen to their newest album to see how spastic and gimmicky songwriting was the only thing they had going for them.

>shitty nu metal papa roach tier song about how rasisism is bad

Wanna get into Neurosis but idk what album to stat with, any recs?

>Robb "Jennifer Lawrence is an American hero" Flynn

why was nu-metal not influential at all despite being bigger than deathcore or djent? and yet deathcore just doesn't seem to die

Try the boring one

not trolling here, ofcourse the lyrics were cringe in nu-metal, but the instrumentals were pretty dank, it's best to just ignore the singer
youtube.com/watch?v=v9D8eT8s8f0

there's less of a hangover from nu-metal because nu-metal has a hard time hiding itself in other genres, whereas deathcore and djent frequently masquerade as brutal death or proge respectively

Robb should have just killed himself after maing this album

korn had an interesting first couple of albums just in terms of creativity.. whatever happened afterwards is a shame

i'll agree that their new shit is terrible but they were one of the most interesting metal bands of all time for a stretch in the 00's. they could do no wrong imo

This was their last masterpiece though
youtube.com/watch?v=HJzeJiHHQOY

Any good black metal come out this year?
Been looking for something new

numetal was more willing to adapt to different sounds and experiment and become radio friendly.
Any metal with RAGAHAGGRHYGRKGAGTRHBRAGB screamy noises isnt going to get on the radio.

Hair metal was big too because it was more normie friendly.

Id say if you want metal to get big again combine it with EDM

listen to Through Silver in Blood, then Times of Grace

If you prefer TSIB, listen to Enemy of the Sun and Souls At Zero. If you prefer ToG, listen to A Sun That Never Sets and The Eye of Every Storm. Regardless of what you think, don't bother posting about them here again unless you want shitposting and memes.

>IT ALL STARTED WHEN I LOST PANTERA
>PHIL WAS A BIGOT IN A LEFT LEANING ERA
What did he mean by this?

aaaaaaaand done
and with the most generic radio pop vocals too
youtube.com/watch?v=Fgbba5w9KVY

why has it occurred that the biggest mainstream breakthrough in recent years for metal is a combination of very polished modern metal and j-pop, in babymetal?

>Wanna get into Neurosis

now this is a jewish plot if I've ever seen one

Novelty

>unless you want shitposting and memes
how come?

man that sucks the last 3 albums were great especially The Blackening

Krater - Urere
youtube.com/watch?v=os0GgP92lnc
Uada - Devoid of light
youtube.com/watch?v=QLYGudxU2ao

Man, this song and video are fucking funny

Rob Flynn is such a fucking waste of air. Jumped on the thrash bandwagon, jumped on the groove bandwagon, jumped on the nu-metal bandwagon, jumped on the metalcore bandwagon.

You are only gonna get meme replies, start with Sun that never sets and go backwards if you want more raw stuff and forwards if more post-rock

jumped on the djent bandwagon
I'm ashamed to admit this doesn't sound bad
youtube.com/watch?v=CuwD9hQ4-bc

playing witcher now desu
geralt would love the voice of steel

babymetal are novelty act only japan could make.
In america all pop music is related to niggers so pop music is urban influenced while japan is crazy and willing to fuse metal with pop.
Its actually a good idea, a female girl band influenced by metal, like if the spice girls where metal.
This would never happen in the west because the jews want people to worship nig music

jumped on thrash revival bandwagon too

Pretty much.
Seeing as how rock hardly penetrates the mainstream now, I don't see metal getting true mainstream recognition anytime too

that was a pretty good album I really liked Eyes of the Dead.

*anytime soon

besides shit boyband/metalcore groups.

>Its actually a good idea, a female girl band influenced by metal, like if the spice girls where metal.
How is that a good idea beyond being profitable?

has any single figure been more damaging to the metal community than UltraBoris?

but they're so hot Cx

who?

well personally i think they are harmless, they are just jap girls singing metal music, they are novelty act, its interesting but it wont change anything.
Anyone butthurt by them just needs to relax and not give a shit.

How was he damaging?

so what, metal is better when its less mainstream.

who?

If alt-right and overall redpilling spreads even more, will metal become alpha again? also the redpill is spreading so fast across the world it's giving me a boner

if you're asking these questions, chances are your entire taste was indirectly shaped by him desu

>tfw you used to think Machine Head were better than Pantera

All groove metal is shit, it's bastardized thrash metal

explain

Not an argument

saying you listen to visual kei is like saying you listen to corpse paint.

not everyone got into meal after the archives were around m80

Last thread someone asked what music we listened to when we were teenagers, when do you stop being a teenager? 20?

this.

This is literally Pantera with synths

do you not?

>he doesn't listen to droned out recordings of the sound a brush makes when black metal musicians getting their faces painted on
>he doesn't listen to droned out recordings of the sound colored VK hair makes when it flies around wildly from headbanging

top plebeian.

i fucking hate machine head

Fear Factory, one of the leading bands of death-metal and one of the most experimental in adopting elements of industrial music, were formed in Los Angeles in 1990 by vocalist Burton Bell, percussionist Raymond Herrera, and guitarist Dino Cazares. The bleak soundscapes of Soul of a New Machine (Roadrunner, 1992) constitute the perfect manifesto for the cyberpunk generation. Thrashing, grinding beats often stop to let pure fear take over the nervous system. Songs evolve rather than just erupt. Fear Factory's horror goes beyond the physical and sounds therefore more radical. There is more to Fear Factory's hell than the cannibal growl of Leechmaster and Lifeblind. The cingulate charge of Scapegoat boasts a psychedelic melody that could be from the mid-1960s. Martyr (epic guitar spinning a monk's hymn) and Self Immolation (a seismic stop-and-go voodoobilly) are sermons drenched in pain, while Scumgrief, one of the most elaborate tracks, is a grand vision of incipient apocalypse. There is true, unrelenting desperation behind these bombshells.
Often, Bell's vocal transformations steal the show: Crisis is basically a duet between an angel and a monster, both played by the same actor.

>8/10

Fuck off hipster

>posting cuckcore

No i agree
I would like to see a really good rock band enter the mainstream again, but metal can stay where it is, popularity wise

varg said metal was ruined a long time ago now its filled with faggots with Samoan tribal tattos.
and thats why he makes weird ambient folk music now

He likes incantation

This, the less normies the better.

Holy shit, he's not even trying to have dignity anymore.

do you have any reasoning for this or are you just trying to sound like you know something

pretty gud

well someone's gotta make better music than these cascadian betacuck black-metallers

I save photos of alpha looking metal bands

You call that alpha?

how did he set a statue of stone on fire?

post alphas

WE LISTEN TO THE RADIO

Testosterone

>Machine Head returning to their glory days of The Burning Red
I guess it's safe to say the nu wave of nu metal is in full swing now. Good.

Technically yes, but when you're 18/19 and still refer to yourself as a teenager it's quite stupid.

the new wave of shit-ish heavy metal

Souls at Zero was my first metal record, was the first album to get me into metal properly. But for what they do best, listen to Silver in Blood

metal-archives.com/reviews/Metallica/Master_of_Puppets/547/UltraBoris/147
>ultraboris

me on the left

i'm amazed metal archives allows metallica on their website

>not being able to seperate artist from their work
So you can only enjoy bands that share your bullshit views on race and women?

>tfw you have to come up with a metal nickname but only know boris and sun o