Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gmSdPZiiXqk
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhaoTW1ESL6NVpGRE1BWF9teVU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For You

I agree feel bad for people who loved since I left you

I'm still so fucking hype for Wildflower

its ok
it definitely doesn't live up to the hype, but what really would at this point?

16 years for some melody ripped from the 30s

Just because they can't live up to the hype doesn't mean they can't create something good. The new single isn't terrible, but it's mediocre at best. Hopefully the album will be better.

>generic sample of "these are a few of my favorite things" is the best part of the new song
They aren't even using samples in the same way as they did on SILY. you can hardly tell the source material there. Here it's stupidly obvious.

I'm still worried about this and the new dj shadow album. Hopefully they havent strayed from their roots too far.

What Sup Forums teenagers who listened to Since I Left You through a Sup Forumscore download link don't understand is that not all music is about what's the most esoteric and the most complex. Sometimes in the music of The Beach Boys (a primary influence on The Avalanches), The Beatles, Cocteau Twins, it's more about escaping worldly despair through the enjoyment of feel-good music.

A song like Frankie Sinatra is a great escape while still being a well-crafted track and fun. Just because for one song The Avalanches have decided not to make autismo 3500 sample music does not mean that it is bad.

dj shadow is a whole other story he's fucking sucked for over a decade now

Rapping ruined it, before that it was decent if a bit electroswing-y.
All hype is kill

I don't really like it either, but come on; it's not that bad.

Explain how sampling older styles of Jazz music is bad.

BUT MUH ELECTROSWING AND MUH REDDIT AND MUH MEME RAP AND MUH MEMES

I didn't know DJ Shadow had something new coming out but like an user said he has sucked so bad for so long so it'll take a miracle to get my attention

>doom ruined it
nah

>electroswing-y.
>Rapping ruined it
Did you really expect a namefag to have good taste?

>people who like rap think they have good taste
Great meme guys

I wouldn't say the rapping ruined it so much as there was way too much of it

it was just boring

Fuck you newtrip

The song is good.

It was the opposite way round IMO, the Danny verse grew on me and DOOM's flow is so godly he couldn't be shit on a song unless he tried. It's the corny music that sucks, although I'll concede the vocal hook is pretty good. Song should have been structured differently probably, and on the record it's going to be shorter so it might not attract as much ire.

I think they can still put out a good ass record.

Don't you think that's the point? Did you honestly think the guys who made SILY didn't sample My Favorite Things for a reason or purpose?

Everyone knows and adores My Favorite Things, there was no point in trying to hide it in this track. Using an iconic and beautiful song in this kind of track adds more layers to it. The sample works almost as a bridge to the song. It brings a new contrasting perspective to look at this unsanitary-sounding, bouncy song.

Also, the sample's purpose is to symbolize where The Avalanches are at. It's been 15 years since SILY. And in there big comeback signal, they somehow got My Favorite Things cleared and so they're showing it off. The Avalanches are back and they're basically waving it in your face in confidence.

At first I found it lazy, almost like a cop-out to the song, but then when you think about it, there are many conceptual and meta reasons for its existence.

>damage controlling this hard

This is an interesting interpretation actaually

Oh shut the fuck up. What a completely boring choice for a sample and as I mentioned it's laughable that the best part of this song is a sample of such an overused track following a brief but mildly interesting Beatles sample.

oops sorry, forgot that we were still meme-ing xD

Yeah I like the beat but the rapping feels like an afterthought. It's not bad just not needed.

Not at all. It's on par with Frontier Psychiatrist and America's Most Blunted.

Imagine someone from the future telling you that there will be an Avalanches track with Danny Brown and MF Doom and that it will just be okay.

>basing your views on one single

This is just looking at things and putting too much intellectual stock into them.

The most likely reason why the chose that as a sample is because they thought it sounded good, I'm not sure how this adds more layers to the song symbolically.

THIS

Anyone else think this is the best thing since MDTF?

Jazz music isn't the same as electro swing, and plenty of rappers utilize jazz music in hip hop without it becoming "electro swing." I don't really believe that any genre can be universally shit, but electro swing does have an inherent kind of corniness to it I believe. I overrated how GODAWFUL this tune was at first, now I think it's merely a bad song with some decent raps and I'm sure the actual album will have better material.

Don't forget all caps when you spell the man's name, FUCK

sounds okay to me. i'm not super into the avalanches, but is there much of a difference between this song and frontier psychiatrist?

>putting too much intellectual stock into them
I disagree. Are you personally a songwriter?

Because, whenever you write a song, especially something of this caliber, you put an insane amount of thought into everything you do.
Inside out, every artist knows what they put into a track and they're own reason for putting it in.
Of course they also put it in because it sounded cool, but more thought goes into that as well. A songwriter sees things from the big picture, outsider perspective and context of a track, as well as the tiny details that make it work.

Just listen to SILY and think about why and where each sample was used.
Especially as a fucking 16-year comeback track, whether they wanted to or not, they put thought into it.

not as good as pueblo cafe/10
youtube.com/watch?v=gmSdPZiiXqk

I feel bad for people who expected this album to be SILY 2.0.

I really do, its going to have its own unique sound to it. SILY was a departure from the Avalanches older stuff like El Producto and look how well that turned out. I'm sure the album is going to be just fine.

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhaoTW1ESL6NVpGRE1BWF9teVU

THIS KILLS THE HYPE