Just got around to listening to this, didn’t see a thread. Have you listened to album of the year, Sup Forums?

Just got around to listening to this, didn’t see a thread. Have you listened to album of the year, Sup Forums?

>culmimation of the best sub genres in the last decade of indie rock, inspired by lowfi garage, dance punk, post punk, etc
>intelligent lyrics that explore angst and depression in a mature way, void of pity, a sense of responsibility shines through the waves of loathing
>great pacing and variety, each track brings something new to the table
>generally skilled players and great hooks, surprisingly listenable for something so indulgent
>is actually consistent with its theme and has a satisfying climax
>memers on Sup Forums are shitposting instead of discussing this hallmark

What the fuck guys

>inb4 shill

Their was like 6 threads about it yesterday, faggot

i thought the bass and drums on this album really held back the overarching theme and tone. it got a 5/10 from me ( that isn't terrible but it's not great either).

I was at work Sherlock, if you're gonna call me a faggot at least say what you think about the record you mongoloid

your point?

Will Toledo is the one making these threads hailing this mediocrity as aoty.

He's also a furry eh denies ever posting here despite the truth that he used to post in the soundcloud threads.

Don't give this lying furfag any of your money.

Is this kid genuine? Toledo, I mean. Is he authentic or just riding refining all of the current trends with just enough polish to stand out? His lyrics feel real, they're mostly great, but it seems almost too precisely targeted at depressed young guys like your average Sup Forumstant. Is he catering to us? Pandering?

bland viral-marketed indie rock. this is a 2016 album that sounds like it could've been released in 2001. his earlier works are better

He IS us

Why don't you guys get this?

wage cuckage

I think it's great, agreed op

>2001
oh come on this is 2009 at least

hi will

>this is 2009 at least
not really. even bands from decades before displayed a similar sound: guided by voices, pavement, some sonic youth tunes.

>neet degenerate that doesn't even offer his opinion because he can't form one without at least two memes and comparing to Sup Forumscore
>and a tripfag

Sup Will?

Hows the yiffing been on tour?

fair enough, but that's not the only styles shown on the record. there's a lot more than that being encompassed at once. this record has a lot of influences.

>the replies increase
>number of posters remains the same

I MEAN COME ON WILL

Is Will bi? Most furries are pretty degenerate. Does he have an active boipussy? He sounds pretty queer on some of these tracks

he definitely likes guys, dunno if songs like "unforgiving girl" indicate that he likes girls too tho

You're not even subtle Will

I am also enjoying this album.

This was similar to my major criticism of the album, besides some of the more uninspired melodies he relies a bit too much on ironic hipster camp in place of actual substantive lyricism. Sometimes he strikes gold, but other times it just feels manipulative and lazy at that.

Did he have any gay songs that weren't on twin fantasy? I think the album was from the point of view of a gay guy, not will himself.
Anyways, I liked the lyrics on this album but the production seemed pretty dull. Many sounds sound like mid 2000s top 100 rock songs