Peter Gabriel Genesis/60s-70s genesis general

hey Sup Forums i havent been on here in a long time but i just wanted to know what you guys think of Genesis, theyre one of my favorite bands of all time i personally think Peter Gabriel is a genius
pic related its my fave album by them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eK9a2jLEAfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A Trick of the Tail > Wind and Wuthering > Duke > everything else

t b h

boi i specifically asked for Peter Gabriel Genesis nearly all of those are phil collins

DP is that you?

Peter Gabriel was way better as a solo artist than in Genesis. Both the band and him solo benefitted from splitting.

Pretty much every PG song played during the 1976-1980 tours has a definitive version with Collins on vocals (Supper's Ready especially)

no i get that but like as creative head and lead vocalist as in like nursery cryme selling england foxtrot and lamb lies down im not including the oldest stuff because some of the older stuff is more weird than good

Great album, OP. All of their stuff with Gabriel is really good. Get your hands on the Live 1973 album if you haven't heard it yet (there's also video of it on youtube).

ive watched it, fucking amazing and i recently saw the musical box live and they are so good i was astonished

youtube.com/watch?v=eK9a2jLEAfs

This version of I Know What I Like really does it for me.

i still like the original album version but this one is definitely good

All about the piano and flute in firth of fifth

Suppers ready and watcher of the sky's are good songs haven't gone through thier discography though

Listen to all of Foxtrot. Both those tracks are on it and it's a great album

My favorite too OP. What's your favorite section of Supper's Ready?

When I first started off on this board, the prevailing opinion was very much that Genesis was a second-tier prog rock band which was only good under Peter Gabriel (and which Phil Collins ruined) and whose best album was far-and-away Selling England By the Pound.

I always thought that was bullshit. Genesis is my favorite band, and I always thought A Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering were better than SEBTP.

A little later, Sup Forums warmed up to Duke. This triggered a reappraisal of the Phil Collins-era stuff, and gradually people got more and more into Genesis.

I think right now the pendulum has swung a bit far the other way. The idea that Wind and Wuthering is better than Foxtrot is kind of ludicrous to me. I'm super glad everyone has stopped shitting on poor Phil (he never deserved it), but we've started exalting him a bit too much, I think.

>whose best album was far-and-away Selling England By the Pound.
lol that's objectively true though

I'm amazed more cover bands don't go The Musical Box route like getting the exact instruments and doing a band's tour setlist. Imagine a Pink Floyd band doing the Meddle tour.

Tony Banks is the real villain in Genesis.

GOAT 70's prog band

this af

I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't really mind Tony Banks' playing style, at least not with Gabriel-era Genesis