Houston

How can a city with such a large population produce no decent non-hip hop musicians? Is it because they all go to Austin?

The fuck are you on about user

>non-hip hop

But user, there are some good non-hip hop musicians from Houston.

DJ Screw blew them all out

>Viper
>Hip-Hop
It's transcendent outsider music m8

In all seriousness tho I think Balinski, Pauline Oliveros, and Jankek are really the only semi-interesting acts I've heard to come out of here.

Woops i meant Basinski, im being super autistic today

Scarface
Big Moe
Slim Thug
DJ Screw
Lil Keke
Zro

I'm more curious why no good rock bands have come out of Houston.

Wild Moccasins, Buxton, Lisa's Sons, The Eastern Sea (might be Austin), Love for Lawanda, folk family revival, hearts of animals.

I can keep going, there are plenty of great artists here in Houston, start going to shows and you'll find talent

whoops misread OP, but I agree.

If you haven't heard LIMB do it now

This thread blows my mind, Houston is such a musical city. Lurk more

Where are the best places to see shows? Fitzgeralds has been shit ever since they changed owners.

>muh meme loops
It's ok, he's super autistic too

Geto Boys, Heather Leigh Murray, Destiny's Child and 13th Floor Elevators deserve a shout too.

>I'm more curious why no good rock bands have come out of Houston.
Excuse you?
But also The T.S.U. Toronadoes, Kashmere Stage Band, and ZZ Top (lol).

Give examples then, honey

Walters, scout bar, house of creeps, notsuoh, satellite bar, warehouse live, also once you get into some bands you like plenty of artists out here play house shows and block parties and we have music/film festivals here every year

Who's the chick in that image? I saw them perform together under Jandek's name and she was pretty good.

Seems like were one in the same fellow autist.
>non hip-hop
>Geto boyz

>13th floor elevators
Thats Austin boy

Nah, enjoy your stay in the cave

But Jandek already been mentioned

Did you delete that last pic user?

Not that user but do you know how to use meme arrows? What does your post even mean?

It's also never been spelled with a z at the end for them

Yes.
It's his wife

Not too popular on this board but if you haven't been to a B L A C K I E show it is truly an experience

It's shocking how into it he gets and everyone is just kind of dumbfounded while he throws himself about the room. Best live performance I have ever seen

I dont see a problem with the greentext, but yeah I could have formatted it to where it didnt look fucking retarded.