Critical acclaim

>critical acclaim

How? Who can honestly think this is good?

happy people

his mom probably likes it

AOTYSF

Good point. But his voice and flow are just so mediocre I don't see the appeal. Guess you gotta be a jaded 20 something middle class black kid who wishes they were from Detroit.

critics no longer care very much about flow unless you have 10/10 flow. rapping is more about conveying a feeling. that's why kanye is acclaimed, thugger, wayne, future...chance.

this is like 2010 discussion guys

Guess I've been out of the loop on shitty modern hip-hop. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

honestly what makes it shitty? the fact that people aren't afraid to rhyme one-syllable words?

like art is so far beyond the white perception of rap...why must black people be stuck within confines of maximalism and modernist views on philosophy?

go listen to some lupe and some nas and get back to me

i think it's actually hecka good

White critics are afraid to say it's bad

This mixtape was shit and this coming from a huge chance fan. What got to me most were the shitty Christian lyrics. I don't mind chance believing in the old myth about a personal god but for fucks sake rap about something else.

How can u say it's bad? its production is soooooooo good. chance is more of a 90s influenced rapper if we talk about beat style than a '10s one

Don't know. I got bored

not b8

I'm not a fan of any of this new indie rap production, but this album sounds especially cheap and repetitive to me.
Hit the nail on the head. Makes me want more and more to try to get noticed for music reviews, building a platform to knock shit like this down a peg.
I love me some Christianity in pop, but this sounded so forced.

I thought it was infinitely better than acid rap

Oh, well then fuck you. It has nothing to do with "blacks can't change my white perception of rap" because I love Nas and intelligent self-aware rap. Chance is just lazy shit.

ahhahah that's the point.

that has everything to do with changing the white perception of rap.

you realize that if everything in 2016 sounded like Kevin Gates, Denzel Curry, Kendrick, and Isaiah Rashad, the genre would be dead?

You just can't get it out of your head that if it doesn't sound intelligent, it must not be good. Same thing that happened to Miles Davis, same thing that happened to Chuck Berry, same thing that happened to James Brown.

That's not what I said you inbred.
Good does not equal intelligent or not. It's good if it fucking sounds good. This mixtape sounds like shit from all angles. And no I'm not gonna look at through your SJW "oh but he's black so it gets a pass" binoculars.

>It's good if it fucking sounds good

jesus. opinion disregarded

never visit me or my Sup Forums ever again! XD

what modern rappers are good, in your opinion?

Fuck off.

He's a nigger so he gets good score.

Honestly chance isn't that great of a rapper nor lyricist either, but its what his is conveying in his music the message and just the atmosphere allow some people to perceive it as good even if it isn't from a objective stand point. Chance's music just makes people happy that's all.

I got aaaanggglees

Eh, I guess. I found it boring and almost unlistenable.

cultural marxism.