Streaming

This is for my people who stream music. What streaming sites are you guys subscribed too?

Which should I subscribe to? Can I get some pros and cons?

Spotify? TIDAL? Google Play? Apple Music? Any others?

Just stream your own collection on Google play 4 free

I don't have a collection that's very big or accompanies most of what I want to listen to, hence why I said "This is for my people who stream music."

encompasses*
not accompanies lol

having this same struggle.
bump.

I just use Spotify, and have my entire library cached on a SSD. Has worked for me so far

Spotify. I would probably use Apple Music if it had a student discount.

Why is that? Just price reasons or anything more?

Just price reasons. $5 month just seems more reasonable

this is really the last straw for me on this board. STREAMING MUSIC? Wtf, what happened to downloading this shit and listening to it uninterrupted? Are you serious shilling out dollars for something that's readily available at at a couple clicks of a mouse? Jesus summerfags, I can't believe how shit this board has gone, Kpop, endless "meme" threads, now fucking this. kek kys all of you

It does I pay $5 a month you just need a valid email

It's also the best out of the big 4 unless you just have to have FLAC streaming which is pretty pointless anyway

I don't steal music. Respect artists I listen to. I know that's a sin on this board but couldn't care less lol. I have family in the music industry so the idea of stealing music doesn't appeal to me.

Moving on.

Why is it the best out of the big 4?

oh shit really? I'll have to check it out

Okay I'll bite. Do you really think labels live off giving all of their money to their artists? The revenue off albums is insanely low, about 20-30% goes to the artist, same for streaming. If thinking your moms money goes to Grimes pocket makes you sleep better at night than that's fine. "stealing" lol

Better UI than Spotify and Tidal, more diverse playlists, recommendations, and it's easy to integrate your current library if you choose to

Does anyone know a streaming service with a large collection size? Used to use Spotify before I maxed it out. Then I used rdio before it was bought out. Haven't really streamed since then

Giving any money to the artist is better than giving none. They still get some of it. What's your argument? That downloading their music for free is better for the artist? lol

How does the catalogue compare do you know? Does it have as much or more or less albums than say, Spotify.

Naw ya cunt I don't give a shit about the artist I just want free music. Like I would want to further someone lifestyle while bringing my own down.
I just want free music you PC summers are just ruining it

how big is its library compared to others

Dude if you wanna keep downloading then whatever, fuck off out the thread and carry on idgaf what you do lmao you're just an user on the internet.

I honestly have no clue because I've never used Spotify but it's pretty large, I don't have to worry about not finding something 95% of the time

I don't suppose you could give examples of things you haven't been able to find?

lol u can get most new cds at the fucking library and you faggots choose to pay to stream

LOL

>u
>LOL
kys, no one cares what mentally retarded user thinks.

Basically just the newest /bleep/

For a recent, specific example they still don't have the newest Autechre

Ah okay, I don't think Spotify does either so thats fair.

Any TIDAL or Google Play users have anything to say regarding their platforms and why they may be good?

LOL HOLY FUCK THAT'S SO FUNNY

I used TIDAL for 2 months straight before I quit streaming all together and can definitely tell you it's both worth the money

Shit meant not worth the money

I use Spotify just for the Discover Weekly playlist

i just got the 3 month $1 summer spotify deal. my main library is already loaded onto my 4s (mostly japanese and latin american music, most of which isn't on spotify) so i use spotify for the english stuff i don't feel like transferring onto my 4s.

also, the only way to 'support' your favorite (major, indie, local) artists is by going to their live shows. record sales / digital downloads / streaming makes them very little money. yes, streaming is the worst revenue generator for artist's today, but they signed over the rights to their sound recordings when they signed a record contract. fair game from a legal stand point.

which leads to another point: new artists today should not sign record contracts, best thing to do today is to self release your music for free with an option to buy and make your money performing live. if edm 'artists' can tour, anyone can tour. if you must sign some sort of deal, look for distribution / label services / admin deals only.

I'll be amazed if record labels are still even a major thing in the music industry in 20 years desu

This.

I disagree. The best way to support your favourite artists is to go to live shows and buy merch directly from them, but it's not the only way.

I try and support my favourite artists as much as I can in every possible way. I'll go to live shows, buy merch, buy their music and stream their music.

For me, their music has the most value out of anything I could possibly be buying, so I don't mind paying money for it.

I just don't feel comfortable getting my favourite artist's discography for free personally.

Used all three and at the moment I'm sticking with Apple Music because it's integrated into my iPhone

Google Play

And why is that?

Apple music gets exclusives too.

Also this

I don't know why you would use anything else if you own an iPhone

i never said to not buy their music, i only pointed out that the revenue they make on a physical sale / digital download / stream in comparison to what they make on tour is very little.

It has the same amount of streamable music as spotify, and you can upload your own music and stream that too. So there's no way you won't be able to find any song you'd want

Well another reason is Spotify kept fucking up for me. I have shit tier Australian internet so I download stuff to keep offline and Spotify kept deleting all my offline music. Apple Music hasn't done that for me.

>being a poorfag

You can do the same thing with AM / iCloud library btw

Ah okay, sorry I misunderstood. Yeah I'm aware this is the case, unfortunately concerts are a bomb these days and just don't seem to be all that frequent. But I do what I can.

Doesn't Apple Music also have the same streamable music a spotify? Or does Apple have less?

If you're poor, you're poor. I wouldn't tell a poor person they should be doing anything with their money. If I was poor i'd just rely on the albums i've already bought and probably just use free spotify and that would suffice.

Another thing that's a perk is that the family plan is really affordable, if you have 6 people on a plan it would be less 3 dollars a month for the service

Musicians have to be in the multiple millions of streams to be making decent money from digital streaming services.

I understand this. Take a look at everything else i've said.

That's why I stream and occasionally buy. But that's super rare for me because it does get quite expensive man. I only have about 5 cds and 5 vinyl records.

Does anyone know if having an Android affects your Apple Music experience much?

You should be buying cd's directly from the artist/ label then. You're literally giving money to corporations to rape your favorite artist in the ass.

probably not much more than how android affects everything overall.

No it's literally the same thing you just download the app

I'm not sure how the iTunes integration part works though

'rape your favourite artist in the ass'

This may be an exaggeration. I'm not denying that streaming paradigms are such that artists get fucked over. I buy CDs from all my favourite artists as well as streaming, as well as going to live shows and getting merch. It's pretty much most of what I spend my leisure money on.

So, when I contribute to streaming, it is just a part of my overall contribution to my artist. I'm not just streaming and thinking i've done my sufficient job in supporting my artist.

Also, even streaming is better than illegal downloading of music when it comes to supporting artists, so I see streaming as like the bare minimum if you wanna support your favourite artists.

What does the iTunes integration function offer? Just importing your own music? Cus I have a good hi-def music player so i'm not really in need of that anyway.

Yeah that's what I meant but in your case it doesn't matter