Humor in music

Why does Sup Forums seem to dislike humor in music?

mu dislikes "spork" humor, not humor

being a kid is already a joke

I've been listening to a lot of early primus lately.
ive been really digging it but whats Sup Forums's general opinion on them?

primus sucks

Sup Forums has statistically the highest amount of reddit crossposting compared to any other board on here. You cannot expect them to understand things such as humor, or like things they don't understand, like freedom.

Asalam sala bim sa, umfufume, and may pryor in ascension be with you. Liberators!!!!

Primus is great stuff, their first 3 studio albums and Suck on This are all fantastic.

PRIMUS SUCKS

Primus is great, but Les has really fallen off lately. Green Naugahyde was a pretty cool album but everything since has been shit. They're still a GOAT live band.

primus is one of my top 10 favorite bands of all time

i think it's charming, if not usually laugh-out-loud funny

>like freedom
>trying to force it into a political discussion
please stop

Primus is awesome. Gimmicky, sure, but totally unique. I went back and listened to Frizzle Fry recently for the first time in years and it still blew me away. It is pretty cool how that utterly bizarre bands like them could get played on MTV and radio in the 90s. Sure it seems quaint now but Primus really is fucking weird. Even their biggest hit, My Name Is Mud, basically has no melody at all for the entire song. Just SLAP SLAP SLAP while a hick talks about killing a guy.

Their sound got kinda stale for me after Pork Soda, but anyone who looks at this band and sees nothing but sporks is missing out.

Trout Mask Replica and Frank Zappa and Aphex Twins albums have some humor

i dont like em

PRIMUS IS GOOD FUCK YOU

>being primus fan
>not knowing their own catchphrase

The only things that seem to get a bad rep for their humouristic elements are p much all very unsubtle forms of humour.

Also humour is p much 80% context, so when the context is "sitting with headphones on" it's not exactly off to a good start either

lol that Primus fake fan

>this mad