Post perfect discographies

post perfect discographies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pVGCIH54W9g?t=198
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jim o'rourke has a lot more shit than that and some of it is a bit mediocre

Yeah, I thought his poppier stuff (Eureka/Insignificance) was really good. The experimental stuff, I'm only in the mood for occasionally. A lot of it is kind of thrown together. The shitty production on Simple Songs makes me weep for the album it could have been every time I hear it.

If I were to put JOR's discography beyond Drag City it'd be like 50 columns
Also fuck off, he's one of only a few talented people

i never said he wasn't talented - i'm a big fan. only meant that i'd hardly consider his discography as "perfect", but that's natural when you're so prolific.

u n w o u n d

Aside from those that release only a few really good albums (The Avalanches, Nick Drake...) King Crimson and Radiohead are the only ones with size able discographies I can think of with very few poor/meh albums.

my dream is to one day play with as much passion as this bass player
youtu.be/pVGCIH54W9g?t=198

yessssss

Julia singing with no reverb is the strangest thing I've heard...

Also,
>she didn't bring her Tenor

Good concert, but I'm disapointed desu

>her Tenor
...saxophone?!

Yes! Her Saxophone!!

This.

yeah it's easy to have a perfect discography when all your albums sound exactly the same

>self titled sounds like depression cherry or bloom

m8

hehehe

this

it's a good sound tho

i dont think you know what the word discography means, you cant just cherry pick whatever albums you like from a musician and disregard the rest of his discography then say it's perfect

i say that as a fan of jim o'rourke. also holter's new album is far from perfect

Only patrician ITT so far.

Portishead

absolutely agree

Hate me all you want

GYBE
yeah the last one wasnt as good, but still solid

Boards of Canada

One of the main reasons I love Jim O'Rourke is that he has collaborated in some way with like half of my favourite artists.

The New Blockaders
Otomo Yoshihide
Keiji Haino
FIRE!!
Carlos Giffoni
KK Null
Akira Sakata
Nurse With Wound

Not a big fan of his solo work, though. Noise rock, experimental electronic, and free jazz suit him best.