How can one country be so devoid of talent?

How can one country be so devoid of talent?

Other urls found in this thread:

younggiftedandbroke.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=1GOeJZ6ye3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=E7CaTJ2SvG8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
radionz.co.nz/news/national/305536/one-in-100-nzers-are-homeless-study
youtube.com/watch?v=5XjNlpe7hII
youtube.com/watch?v=5eVCBKIAHUA
youtube.com/watch?v=I7UvbwCjXUk
youtube.com/watch?v=s3hVrNEi0dU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I fucking hate these threads:
>The Chills
>The Clean
>The Dead C
>The 3Ds
>Dadamah
>The Pin Group
>Gordons/Bailter Space
>Tall Dwarfs
>Split Enz
>The Bats
>The Verlaines
>The Human Instinct
>Ulcerate
>The Terminals
>The Birds Nest Roys
Off the top of my head

why do you hate Australia didn't they give us AC/DC or some shit

Everyone already hates Australia. Everyone born in Australia who becomes moderately successful gets the fuck out. Australians hate Australia.

>Jet
>bad

literally who?

>Lorde

>I've not heard of it so it's shit
Alright pleb

>The
>The
>The
>The

Are poo peelanders just this unimaginative at band names?

>the province of Poo Peeland

>Shannon Noll
>bad

Bruce russel is the shit

Why are IDs even gone?

>Wolfmother
>bad

>>>Wolfmother

that's not an australian flag

KYS Daniel.

>Wolfmother
>good

Roy montgomery
The necks

Best Australian bands are Dirty Three and Nick Cave

Also Geyser Bastion

Most of Flying Nun is pretty good like listed. Watch out for my music in the future 8)

Kimbra is muh waifu

The thing that annoys me about these threads is the people who take it seriously never mention Dragon.

Steriogram

>Six60
>bad

I realise this is a meme but is Six60 unanimously considered the worst moderately popular band in NZ's history? I'm sure there are some shitty underground bands that are worse but in terms of music that got radio play they'd have to be up there.

Probably, up there with Elemeno P and The Feelers.

younggiftedandbroke.com/

My standard response to these threads

>1st listing
>@peace

Are you trying to tell me these artists are good or terrible

prob because they're from Australia?

Doing the lord's work there son

Great but the Necks are Australian

It's all boring indie shit from 30 years ago though.

@peace are pretty good.. Plutonian Noise symphony was a bit of a wreck but it was interesting.

>boring

Just a reminder this is not valid music criticism

Most country's music peaked 30 years ago desu

LAD'S HE'S RIGHT

""""""INDIE"""""""

more important lads, the country of origin contributing only to the sonic make-up of any instrumentation that could be said to be on the final recordings..........""""""HE'S RIGHT

youtube.com/watch?v=1GOeJZ6ye3Q

It's not bad, but if that person is from NZ, I can fucking guarantee he's either underage or a total autistic loser who never goes outside. There are tons of bands around today who are better than those. That list is literally just the top RYM albums from NZ.

This video is great.

again? really?

>I'm completely new to Sup Forums and have no idea how shitposting works

I bet you freshcunts weren't even here for selly-ester watts field. Sickening.

/nrl/ please

>Birchville Cat Motel
>Jakob

how bizarre

youtube.com/watch?v=E7CaTJ2SvG8

ok

that isn't the Australian flag retards.

but the best song ever written is Australian
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

>King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
>Tame Impala
Australia is producing some of the best rock bands

new zealand is objectively worthless. the only thing they are good at is rugby, and thats only because no other country gives as much of a fuck about rugby than they do. Its the shitty boring version of rugby too.

Such a beautiful part of the world filled with fucking idiots

>Its the shitty boring version of rugby too.

how bizarre
how bizarre

It is though. They over-complicated it with too many rules and technicalities. The other rugby is shit too purely for the meathead culture and the fanbase.

its not overcomplicated its just slow, they only play for 30mins a match on average.

she's a slice of heaven

gotye has a few good songs iggy had the catchy song of the summer

I'd rather 30 minutes of substance than 80 of the same thing over and over again. Some parts of rugby are dumb (scrums) but league is just conkers on a field.

>dude smash it up
>dude we didn't do it
>dude your turn

>I'd rather 30 minutes of substance

Why is a few rucks and mauls followed by a kick/scrum/lineout more substantive than 5 tackles and a kick? The aim in both sports is ultimately the same, League is just much more direct. Invoking "substance" is meaningless.

Does slightly more variety equate to greater substance, to greater competetion? League is no more repetitive than the vast majoirty of sports, it only gets criticized for this in the context of league vs union, because modern union is such an unbelievable clusterfuck, its the only arguemnt most union fans can come up with in oppostion to the much more satisfying gameplay of league.

Rugby Union is bureaucracy in sport form

who /NEET/ here?

I dunno man, when you've grown up watching union, league gameplay is in no way "satisfying". It's dry and repetitive as fuck, there's no nuance or complexity to anything they're doing. There are no tactics. People mock union for the long kicking sections or scrums but at least they're something different.

And I agree with league being no more repetitive than the vast majority of sports, that's why I don't watch the vast majority of sports, they're fucking dull.

>there's no nuance or complexity to anything they're doing. There are no tactics.

Attacking plays in league can be just as nuanced as anything in union, and often more so, given that that aspect is the main focus of league (just like how the standard of goal and in play kicking is higher in union). There are tactics, its just those tactics don't manifest themselves in battles for field postion, but rather in very quick passages of running rugby, so quick that its difficult to discern in real time. The huge number of former league players who get hired as attacking coaches for english union teams (many without expierence of playing union) is testament to there being something beyond nothing to what league does.

No I think that's just testament to how bad NH rugby is m8

The Church?

FYI the Dead C is the only one people outside of your island care about

always though Split Enz were /brit/ for some reason, I think they had a song banned from being played on radios over here

>wolfmother
>new zealand

>not mentioning lorde

They have nothing to get angry or in any way passionate about. Nothing to inspire them to great art. New Zealands just so nice and the people are generally very nice too, they live in a really nice little corner of the planet. They'll never produce anything great because they are too busy enjoying life

radionz.co.nz/news/national/305536/one-in-100-nzers-are-homeless-study

LOTR senpai.

>Researchers from the University of Otago found that in 2013, more than 41,000 people were staying in severely crowded houses with family or friends, or in boarding houses, camping grounds, in cars or on the street.
>staying in severely crowded houses
>crowded houses

This one potential source of angst has already been thoroughly addressed in the NZ canon by Neil Finn

Doesnt even sound like a crisis, sounds like 41,000 New Zealanders are living life in a constant state of partying and having fun wherever they like

>high fantasy
>of any worth

lol i bet u havent even read finnegans wake backwards in one sitting you awful pleb

That's NZ you fucking austist.

muh flying nun

why do you bigot racist shitlords never mention maori music in these threads

this

youtube.com/watch?v=5XjNlpe7hII

It's funny because flying nun wasn't even that good

Well Dunedin is known countrywide for the parties that go on there.

Literally who

That's NZ you fucking autist

>implying that would even help disprove OP
FOR ONCE OP
IS RIGHT

>wow, these bands I don't know so they must suck
Retard.

wew

>American education

>Shannon noll
>from new zealand

youtube.com/watch?v=5eVCBKIAHUA