I dare you to provide a good argument for why this is a bad song

I dare you to provide a good argument for why this is a bad song.

the lyrics are some bullshit about growing up and experiencing stress
theyre not actually deep theyre just using super broad relatable themes to profit off of depressed fourteen year olds

I don't like it

>are some bullshit
not an proper argument
>not actually that deep
not an argument or a bad thing
>super broad relatable themes to profit off of depressed fourteen year olds
irrelevant to the topic at hand. animal collective's entire discography caters to 17 year old hipsters for the same reason yet you all love them

please don't rush your argument and make sure it's valid. i will be here all day

how am i supposed to know what this is
not all of us live for degenerate pop culture
sage

not an argument

Because you have shit taste

Next

but animal collective isn't driven by lyrics theyre amazing because of their sonic experimentation on albums like stgstv and danse manatee
21p if arent bringing any original sounds to the table and their lyrics are stupid theyre a bad band

It would just be forgettable without the fake self-conscious whiteboy rappin' about boring juvenile shit. Fine to like if you're 15. Embarrassing if you're any older.

Also, "wish I had a better voice?" So do I, which is why I play an instrument and don't sing.

The lyrics lack substance that should be necessary for its continued broadcast across the United States.

*if 21p

You somehow missed the entire point of that lyric. Are you sure you're not 15?

the radio has already driven it into the ground

first of all you have no idea if he likes animal collective. also ac experimented far more than what is done in this song

no hes right i like anco theyre my favorite band
see

i would love to hear your argument on how its a good song

What's the entire point, then? Pretty sure I get it, "new sounds," new chord progression whatever. Why are the mundane frustrations of every shitty artist a worthy topic for a song?

Being bummed about being new or interesting is still not new or interesting.

>but animal collective isn't driven by lyrics theyre amazing because of their sonic experimentation on albums like stgstv and danse manatee
lol what experimentation?

let me guess, you think boris and boredoms are experimental bands too right?
>aren't bringing any original sounds to the table and their lyrics are stupid they're a bad band
they're lyrics aren't "stupid", and just because they arent' original doesn't mean they're bad. by that logic animal collective are bad becuase they are the single most unorignal and overrated neo-psych pop bands on the 21st century

why do they lack substance? lyrically, stressed out is a very potent song. how many other songs you know tackle student loans, being lied to as an adolescent, the pressures of a capitalistic society, and longing for nostalgic moments as stressed out does so eloquently?
>fake self-conscious whiteboy rappin
>fake
do you know him personally? what makes you think he's faking? what's wrong with him being white? are you racist? whats wrong with rapping?
>boring juvenile shit
whats so juvenile about his lyrics?

you guys praise tame impala but currents' lyrics are objectively bad
i don't care who is more experimental. the point is that anco aren't even barely experimental to anyone that has knowledge of music beyond a p4k approved bubble.
i would love to hear your argument for why water is wet

not sure if baiting or just autistic

how old are you, OP?

have u listened to stgstv?

What makes those frustrations mundane? Because they're relatable?
I mean are depression, social anxiety and stress in general mundane things just because you think they are?

>i would love to hear your argument on how water is wet

not an argument

next

>little to no metaphor involved in the lyrics (not saying this is bad, just makes it really boring)
>writing and beat are bland as fuck
>relies solely on a catchy beat and lyrics that pander to edgy kids who want to kill themselves
>tries desperately to incorporate hip-hop for no reason other than to do just that and falls flat on its ass anyways
If I wanted to listen to a mediocre rapper talking about how he hates his life I'd just listen to Tyler the Creator. The song is definitely art; it's just mediocre art.

27, what does my age have to do with anything? and why do you think i'm autistic
i have. the percussion is the only thing worthy of being noted on that album

Everyone on Sup Forums is autistic.

Next question.

>listening to 21p at 27
you're not really into music, are you?

if you think tyler the creator is a "mediocre rapper" then you have extremely low standards. i was going to disregard your post because of your pic related but i decided to give you a try and I regret it. tyler is awful
what's your point?
>next
who the fuck do you think you are?

okay im sorry i didnt realize u had a disability ill back off

i am very much so. I listened to ferneyhough and toshimaru nakamura today, you don't even know who they are. you probably think boris and fishmans are bands that make you someone who is "into music"

end your life
this is how people who lose arguments respond

I don't like anco or tame impala but I'd imagine a counterargument would be that musical accomplishment more than makes up for any lyrical deficiency.

A song like this that lacks the other aspects of rap-- swagger, flow, a beat that slaps-- needs REALLY good lyrics, and they're just not up to snuff.

When I said "fake" I was talking about that corny fucking nervous inflection he uses. Bad acting.

Only using mediocre to describe him because a few of his songs are passable. If anything he's fun at parties.

> student loans, being lied to as an adolescent, the pressures of a capitalistic society, and longing for nostalgic moments
these are all such shallow problems that literally EVERYONE goes through
theres nothing personal or original about any of it theyre just pandering to the widest demographic possible

>Tyler, the creator is any worse than mr twenty one pilots

Nice try

>if it's relatable it can't be personal

You know how retarded you sound m8?

theyre both terrible lets move on

then why are you defending this piece of shit duo if you listen to better stuff?

>retarded lyrics about the hardships and troubles of being a teenager
>no progression in lyrics
>repetitive and just aims for radio crowd
>shitty boom bad drum loop
>shitty autotune hook
>LE CHILDHOOD 90s NOSTALGIA :(((
I really have no clue if these threads are fucking bait or not

>27
>listens to 21 pilots

oh god...

im saying its sacrificing artistic integrity to pander to a wider audience
"deep" lyrics are actually personal and go beyond complaining about everyday problems

It's Twenty One Pilots, we all know it's some emo kid crying for attention.

Totally, but I think you probably could write an engaging song about any of those topics, 21p just doesn't. It's not what you write about, it's how you write it, and this guy is using the most basic middle school language and techniques. Not interesting, not evocative, not nothing.

>needs REALLY good lyrics
they are really good.
>they are not up to snuff
why arent they?

>corny nervous inflection he sues
just because you don't liek someone's inflection doesnt mean they're being fake
>bad acting
irrelevant
>few "passable" songs are enough to make someone mediocre
your standards are lower than I thought
you need to kill yourself as soon as possible. someone as stupid as you shouldn't be allowed to interact with other humans.

everything about every non-fully instrumental album in Sup Forumscore chart is relatable and stuff that most people go through. I guarantee you that if your favorite albums have lyrics they are relatable to 90-100% of the demographic it targets

yes, objectively speaking he is.
>piece of shit duo
why are they a piece of shit?
reformat this into an argument so that it doesnt look like something a 16 year old wrote. i will read it when you do
anyone above the age of 17 that still listens to animal collective is a bigger embarrassment than people above 30 that listen to twenty one pilots

they couldve at least tried to be profound instead of giving a list of complaints

>muh obscurity

jesus christ this board never changes.

>Twenty One Pilots? Fuck them, they're not real music. and if you like twenty one pilots dont ever talk to me or my wife's ever again

>rebuttals my argument not with counter argument but instead by attacking my means of delivering the argument

le cuckle kekkk

arguably the worst song of the year.

(close second would be "Once I was 7 years old..", but I won't get into that one)

It's just the most confusing sound and aesthetic I've ever tried to comprehend. Scenesters that whiteboy 'rap' overtop of reggae-tinged indiepop? I would be far less offended by it if they just filled in some decent-sounding syllables and just Hacklemore'd their way through the verses, but instead they have to rap "I wish I could find some better chords - in an order that was new" (which, phonetically, is awkward as fuck, regardless of how cringey the lyrics are).

The icing on the shit-cake is the way homeboy sings "wish I could turn back time, to de good-oh-dehs". Just straight up cringe-tastic.

I just honestly don't think I would have even enjoyed this when I WAS 15 years old.

This post is obviously bait. Why do people respond to these things. On a related note though fuck this song. This song is basically complaining about how great his childhood was. I was homeless and abused by my drug addict father as a child and this asshole is complaining because he has to pay taxes now and can't be tucked into bed by mommy. the only reason he misses "the good old days" is because he had a great childhood that set him up to be a successful adult with minimal effort. Fuck this song

>ferneyhough
>toshimarua nakamura

ah, an avant-teen who listens to 21 pilots in an attempt to seem less pretentious

if this isn't bait you should know that you have shit taste.

please an hero.

Jest because you can't think of a good argument doesn't mean it's bait

If you need an explanation of why 21 pilots are bad, you need to listen to a lot more music or get off this board because you're underage.

>everything about every non-fully instrumental album in Sup Forumscore chart is relatable and stuff that most people go through
most of the things on the charts are there because theyve helped build or define a genre ie: their SOUND not lyrics
while lyrically focused albums like good kid maad city or carrie and lowell tell deeply personal and ballads
21 pilots just throws a temper tantrum over recycled beats

Ok, I'll just pull a few lines at random

>I wish I found some chords in an order that is new
Retarded sentence structure. Lazy copout.
>Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
cliche
>Sometimes a certain smell will take me back to when I was young
cliche
>Same clothes homegrown a stone's throw from a creek we used to roam
>roam
freshman rhyme skills

Idk man, the whole thing is a mess a of whiny cliche and inartful phrasing. Listen to "I Don't Get Tired" for a grown-up take on a similar topic that doesn't fucking whine so much.

I listened to the song for the first time because of this thread. It's okay and while I was writing this it ended and I thought "oh, it's over?". From the little I remember, I think car radio might have been at least a more ambitious song than this.
The "wish we could turn back time" bit is boring both lyrically and musically. I do like the "my name's blurryface, and I care what you think" bit, that part sounds good and I'm always up for lyrics about confessing to caring what people think about you. The rest kind of just happens for me, to be honest. Nothing really sticks out. I kind of liked the music video, but I find myself not remembering much of it. Except for primarily the scene in your picture.
I guess to conclude I wouldn't hate this song if I heard it, but it's not something I'd come back to listen to voluntarily.

exactly.
theyre just silver spoon man-children whining over nothing

>they couldve at least tried to be profound instead of giving a list of complaints
you mean you want solutions to infinitely complex problems? what would you consider profound insight when it comes to the topic of capitalistic brainwashing of the youth?
why are you responding to me? the person i replied to was going on about "not seriously being into music" and I just proved it to him by citing musicians that the elitists of this board would consider something that "someone really into music would listen to"

also neither of them are that obscure
yeah an argument isn't something you can write in greentext. it's just memespeech that doesn't deserve attention. i literally haven't read and don't intend to until you write like a normal human being

can you imagine giving a speech in greentext? get the fuck out of here cocksucker

>Scenesters that whiteboy 'rap' overtop of reggae-tinged indiepop?
aesthetic is irrelevant when discussing quality of music
>I would be far less offended by it if they just filled in some decent-sounding syllables and just Hacklemore'd their way through the verses
why is it "hacklemore'd"? post rappers you think are good
>but instead they have to rap "I wish I could find some better chords - in an order that was new" (which, phonetically

because you thick headed retard it's a play on words.

>wish i didn't have to rhyme every time i sang
thats why it's "phoenitcally awkward" but ofc you're primed to think that rap must rhyme and if it doesn't then it's bad. stick to earl sweatshirt and danny brown if you find this stuff too complex

(proof right here that most people that hate this song miss the simplest of things)

>cringe-tastic.
>cringey
you fucking millennials don't understand that this has become a buzzword that people who are projecting use

nothing here is an argument, try again
>ah
hang yourself

1/2

>I LOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOU STUDENT LOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS

That post actually had a pretty good point as to why the lyrics of the song are stupid and shallow. But you ignored that point and just said it wasn't bait. If it wasn't obviously bait before it is now

op is clearly a women

>you mean you want solutions to infinitely complex problems? what would you consider profound insight when it comes to the topic of capitalistic brainwashing of the youth?
look if theyve got nothing profound to say they shouldnt be saying anything at all. theyre not drawing attention to anything new

>lol what experimentation?
>let me guess, you think boris and boredoms are experimental bands too right?
You don't really get to say this if you think 21p is innovating at all

>people are still replying to him

plus when singing such pandering bullshit to get onto the radio arent they just falling right into capitalisms trap? theyre fucking sellouts (not that they had any artistic integrity to begin with)

underrated post

Why does he have black-hands?

That's pretty racist.

Meme

>hang yourself
sounds like something someone losing an argument would say

>kill yourself for not having taste that I deem "good"
you will live a very sad life of thinking that you're better than most people because you listen to certain kinds of music. you will reach a certain age, however, you'll realize what a complete waste of life you were and that makes me very happy
carrie and lowell is a piece of shit and the fact that you think otherwise is enough for me to want to disregard your non-argument

don't bother trying again because whatever music related opinions you have are deemed unworthy of being shared because you think those albums are good
>retarded sentence structure
please hang yourself to your favorite kanye west song
>cliche
not an argument, 90% of the lyrics from Sup Forums's favorite albums are cliche

>freshman rhyme skills
i shouldve read your entire post before i decided to reply to each part. you are 15 years old at most

go listen to milo and pretend you have good taste in hip hop
not an argument
then Sup Forumscore would be practically non-existent.

profundity is extremely rare and not easily attainable by trust fund-core indie musicians that you all love

this is about as good of an argument as everyone else's in this thread
not an argument

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

not an argument

pack it up, the baiter has been defeated. No coming back from this

>you fucking millennials don't understand that this has become a buzzword that people who are projecting use
of coure im projecting
this is the kind of shit i wouldve listened to when i was 12 its embarrassing to imagine a full grown man still listening to this shallow garbage

not an argument

It's a good song. People are finally coming to realize that they've bought themselves into slavery pursuing materialism. Hopefully this is a sign that the next generation is not as stupid. Also expressed by Lorde. It's time to put the played out rap about money and bitches away.

>you fucking millennials
implying you aren't a millennial

He's completely ignoring this post lmao

how did i imply that?
haha xD
they are doing that on purpose, they want to gain as much of a following as possible so that they can blow the lid off the entire industry when they release they're experimental drone record when they reach their peak. it will detail everything and you will all feel embarrassed that you ever hated them

Did you give up at trolling or are you actually this stupid

They might be giants rip off. Nothing new under the sun bitches. You want experimental go get Varese.

if you relly think these guys are going to destroy capitalism with forgetable hooks and cliched lyrics i dont know what to tell you

>This song is basically complaining about how great his childhood was.
so?
>I was homeless and abused by my drug addict father as a child and this asshole is complaining because he has to pay taxes now and can't be tucked into bed by mommy.
literally who cares? that's like saying the mona lisa has no value because you were raped as a kid and didn't have the same opportunities as picasso

your point was the worst one by far user, i hope you realize the whole world doesn't revolve around how badly your cards were dealt. no one will ever care about how bad your childhood was
i initially ignored it because it was by far the worst one and not even deserving of a response but here you go

>i had a veru bad childhood wahhh other pepole cant be nostalgic about their good childhood :((( there are kds starving in afric!!!
fuck yourself to death you annoying twat

>fuck yourself to death you annoying twat
You sound really edgy. Do you listen to 21P?

>so?
its like you just pretended he didn't go and explain in the rest of his post

You're officially done. This response was horrible. The trolling was good while it lasted, I'll miss you

It's bad because people who like it are so insecure that they have to shitpost about it on Sup Forums everyday to get the attention they don't receive in real life as immature losers with fictional self-diagnosed mental illnesses they use to excuse their lack of achievement or personality.

what these guys are saying is why would i give a shit about some shitty rich kids whine when they actually have real problems

>carrie and lowell is a piece of shit and the fact that you think otherwise is enough for me to want to disregard your non-argument
care to explain why?
whats 21 pilots doing that sufjan and kendrick cant do better?

not an argument
he's literally saying that no one should be happy because some people have it really bad. do you realize how atrocious this kind of thinking is? do you really want to live in a world where happiness doesnt exist unless everyone is happy? go fuck off to russia or china
sounds like something that someone losing an argument would say. you'll be missed
>why would i give a shit about some shitty rich kids whine when they actually have real problems
when did i ever say that people with shit childhoods should give a shit about twenty one pilots? you're so self-centered. this isn't about you or yoru shitty childhood
>care to explain why?
why is water wet?
>whats 21 pilots doing that sufjan and kendrick cant do better?
make good music

>>but animal collective isn't driven by lyrics theyre amazing because of their sonic experimentation on albums like stgstv and danse manatee
>lol what experimentation?
>let me guess, you think boris and boredoms are experimental bands too right?
>>aren't bringing any original sounds to the table and their lyrics are stupid they're a bad band
>they're lyrics aren't "stupid", and just because they arent' original doesn't mean they're bad. by that logic animal collective are bad becuase they are the single most unorignal and overrated neo-psych pop bands on the 21st century

nigga, are you for real

>shit
>shit tune
>shit band for autists (from my personal experience)
>lyrics are fucking bullshit
Sometimes my player goes to playing merzbow & masonna and i notice that it's outputting noise only when i think about what the fuck did i listen before it, but when i overhear a twenty one pilots song i try to stop the awful sounds asap and sometimes get a migraine. twenty one pilots is the only band i know what does that.

reformat your meme-text argument and i'll consider reading it
not an argument and a very 9gagtier post at that. lurk more or stick to /r/indieheads with that entry level taste in noise

ok guys OP here i'm done shitposting i'm gunna leave now bye

>when did i ever say that people with shit childhoods should give a shit about twenty one pilots
you literally asked an entire board of shitty antisocial recluses why they dont like a song
>>care to explain why?
why is water wet?
>whats 21 pilots doing that sufjan and kendrick cant do better?
make good music

not an argument chump

i don't listen to noise i just have it and never bothered to delete

:P

>
>sounds like something that someone losing an argument would say. you'll be missed
>leaves

ayyy we have a winner

lol u pwned me bro xDD

but in all seriousness this is the worst thing i've ever read in my entire life

holy shit did i win an argument on the internet?