youtube.com/watch?v=k1uUIJPD0Nk
youtu.be/LkjljBNTLs4
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhaoTW1ESL6NVpGRE1BWF9teVU/view
vocaroo.com/i/s14FB7nZr1rx
youtu.be/aB159Ac7sh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the beat's alright but...
danny brown's rap is pretty lackluster
and DOOM's verse is super buried in the mix and covered by the horns, it's hard to hear the first half of it.

The sample is so overused that I got sick of it after 2 plays, and the verses on it are mediocre for how long they last, especially with the generic lyrics. There are a couple of small moments in the song that I do like after MF Doom's verse which portend well for the album.

Song's terrible. They're finished.

its great. this isn't even the album version btw.

Eh, it's pretty garbage.

pretty shit

Yeah, the album version's shorter. I guess the less of the song we have the better, but it probably isn't going to be anything really different.

The Avalanches are fucking finished.

this
>im so high xD
>off his rocker haha
the doom verse is pretty good though despite it being buried

i really like it desu

that's enough Sup Forums for about six months. ill come back when the dust has settled. I knew this would fucking happen. Fuck people man.

>tfw the song sucks

Anyone have a decent quality dl link for the song?

This is Bagboy all over again. Fuck them for reminding me that Indie Cindy was a thing that happened.

>memerappers

its fucking electroswing. what the hell happened to their talent?

hi, avalanches here. At least we made you feel something.

>go to a florist
>they shit in a bag and hand it to me
>"haha at least we made you smell something"

It's shit.

Yeah, fuck people having different opinions to you and not liking an album from an artist on the general essentials right!!!!! Sup Forumscore bands are objectively good, anyone who says different is just being contrarian.

>meme sarcasm.

How have the Avalanches fallen so far?

This thread wasn't asking for arguments, it was asking for opinions. doesn't like electro-swing, therefore doesn't enjoy the song. This isn't hard to understand.

I wasn't trying to make an argument you autist.

They should have released it under a different name instead of fucking The Avalanches up. There's something special about a band that releases one masterpiece album and that's it.

>If I add the word meme I don't have to try and fight my losing argument

its not the opinion, its the presentation, he has every right to tell you to fuck off and leave for a while because you dont PRESENT opinions you went and stated them as if its fact with no ability to actually go into discourse without responding to it like this

That's exactly how it works and there's nothing wrong with it. Leave Sup Forums if you can't accept that.

Whenever I see someone use the word "meme" I pretty much drop their argument immediately. The same for anyone that uses the word cuck.

How could a song with mf doom, danny brown and the avalanches turn out bad?
Good god

Adding memerap to anything is guaranteed failure.

Nope, that faggot makes some of the most boring music of all time. Like, out of ALL music I have ever heard, Kid Koala has put out some of the absolute blandest. And I've heard thousands of albums.

I think you guys are really exaggerating it's quality.
It's not great, and the lyrics are pretty generic, but it's a fun song and that's all it's meant to be.
The Avalanches have always been genre crossing and some songs have been good while others bad.
I think the instrumentals sound great. It's the immature lyrics from that redneck rapper I couldn't get into.

What the shit.

If anyone is praising this electroswing trash you're wrong.

currently collecting their discography to celebrate (will upload when done)

enjoy this in the meanwhile: youtube.com/watch?v=7XmHET3U2Ug

Frankie SInatra is pretty damn bad. And worse than any song on SILY. It's r/music tier. *and you'll see the average redditor is eating it up (because they are really into that electro swing tier music

Also, 5 of the original 7 members are not on this album and it shows.... so they really should not be using the avalanches name.

do people really think that all seven contributed to SILY? most of those members were for live shit.

I only read the wikipedia of past band members. I didnt know they played live.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve48Riz5B4w

I thought i remembered more people in this documentary as well. Well still I stand by my opinion

they're pretty kickass live, but when they do DJ stuff they have two people doing stuff (to my knowledge). i think the past member count also comes from their "beastie boys" era.

oh you know i love bands like caravan palace, parov stelar, and the avalanches just to name a few

RIP avalanches and their legacy

Ugh, I sincerely hope this album is good. Fuck, what happened to the avalanches variety and creativity? Danny Brown's verse is immature, this beat is repetitive and simplistic, and mixed poorly. Didn't even enjoy Doom's verse that much. Let down

Blunder Of The Decade

Can't wait for Wildflower to receive BNM and universal acclaim and see the shitters in denial.

>one song
>they are finished

Sup Forums classic

Not gonna happen. They didn't even review the track which is usually a bad sign. I expect a 7.8 or lower.

I bet most of the negative nancies haven't even heard the snippets of Subways or If I Was a Folkstar.

Album will be fine. Frankie Sinatra will work with the flow between songs.

I'm not crazy about it- as a lot of people so far have mentioned, it feels pretty electroswingy and seems to be missing the charm of SILY.

I personally feel like this song is barely identifiable as the Avalanches, but I'm also hopeful that the rest of the album has a different feel. The same way Frontier Psychiatrist is a fair bit different from the rest of SILY

exactly my thoughts. i'm less disappointed about 'Frankie Sinatra' and more excited to see how it'll fit in with the album.

I liked XXX, but what business do these guys have collaborating? The fusion doesn't really fit IMHO. I can see DOOM, but i'm just not digging this. Danny has had better verses and this is some of the weakest production i've ever heard from these guys. Disappointing.

yeah Kid Koala has always just sounded like a poor imitation of what SILY does to me.

Yeah I guess they just chose to make a shit song by choice :)

I don't get the hype behind Since I Left You. Yeah, there are hundreds of samples and they are ingeniously put together but I think the songwriting is poor in most of the songs. It makes for an interesting experience but I wouldn't say more than half of the songs are memorable. Maybe I need to listen to it more.

Don't eat the hype too much, it's definitely not the greatest album ever made, but it's impeccably crafted and has a very nice flow. Try putting it on while you're traveling somewhere or busy doing something, it's pretty accessible.

I'm trying really hard to like it, but I can't get past more than mild distaste for it at best. But I'm cautiously optimistic about the album, if only to not feel so bad about spending the better part of 12 years waiting for some kitsch electroswing

I can appreciate that its well made, flows nice and its easy on the ear but my gripe is that for me its just really nice background music.

did they have to blackmail Doom for him to appear on this piece of shit or what

>Song is a simple 4/4
>electro-swing
Has Sup Forums always been this fucking retarded?

Second worst single of the year.

First is this.

youtu.be/ZJsjacQcRw4

Where can I hear Folkstar?

love it when this shows up in their mixes

here friend, have this one on me
it's 4 of my favorite minutes of music in existence

youtube.com/watch?v=f2Mn1o5Sv8E

youtube.com/watch?v=zD80Q8B3NHA

very nice.

The song sucks
No idea about the album, just have to wait

I guess your mom just decided to make a faggot kid by choice. :^)

I liked the music video

This is better:

youtube.com/watch?v=k1uUIJPD0Nk

Nop this is

youtu.be/LkjljBNTLs4

Frankie Sinatra is a horrible song

>Australian group
>decide to glorify america on album cover

folkstar: drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhaoTW1ESL6NVpGRE1BWF9teVU/view

subways: vocaroo.com/i/s14FB7nZr1rx

any who is seriously who are saying they're finished based on one song (while ignoring the other 3 excerpts that sound a lot more like their sound) are objectively mongs

sounds bad

also
>muh favorite things

I like it. I can see why people don't, but I think it's pretty fun and catchy. Doom's verse is mixed awfully though, and I'm not a big fan of Danny's lyrics either. I think the album version will be better.

it sounds like fucking skrillex
full meme potential, the kind of stuff hs kids would find funny to sing along
danny brown sucks
the doom verse is too short and mixed badly
and the video is crappy too
they dropped the ball hard

The song sounds a lot better to me today. It's kind of fun, kind of annoying. Danny Brown's verse is lyrically terrible but his delivery style fits the beat.

I expected a lot better.

have they managed to outdo the Pixies for most disappointing comeback of the 2010s?

I have about as much respect for Frankie Sinatra as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.

dis boi needs therapy

was hoping danny brown would do something other than his usual
>IM SO HIGH AND I FUCKED YOUR BITCH
(you read this in his voice & flow)
i mean considering this is a fucking avalanches track what the fuck is the link with bitches, danny brown, and """trippy""" tunes
then again it may as well not be an avalanches track at all. everything is missing. wack mood, hamfisted humor, no atmosphere. I don't even know what the fuck they're trying to do apart from reaching for a cheap hit song with a cheap quirky video.

they probably think this will play at festivals and in people's backyards and people will go
>oh yeah i LOVE frank sinatra haha ima do shit my way haha FRANKIE SINAAAATRAAA lmao love this song
when actually this is going to fly under the radar of their intended audience and they will never hear of this shit

fucking kid koala does better than this

and I couldn't even hear doom's verse so what the fuck man

I just want them to do a live "performance" with trendy masks/helmets on
that would be just perfect

sounds like royalty-free music that a shitty vlogger would use

It's cock

The faggots doing damage control are cute but deep down they are just as disappointed as anyone else and try to rationalize that a band they like made a cock song

But isn't that just how Sup Forums goes about stating if music is bad or not?

I really love the new track, the beat is simple and I like that and the verses goes pretty well with their strange mixing but if you heard the first ep they had wired mixing and rapping and I really liked it, the features where really fun to listen too and Danny's strange vocals and rapping style go well with the strange production but when doom gets on the Mic it's so good and even if it's kinda buried I still love it

>florist
the cucks are out today folks

>And I like that and the verses
Fucking hell

I've never seen a vagina : the post

Must suck having no one being nice to you user.

youtu.be/aB159Ac7sh0

this is written like a 10 year old's book report

>You've heard one song from the album
>previews of other songs, even the one with danny brown grunts sound completely different
>FINISHED
ok

or...
or.....
people have different opinions
holy shit

Well that was irritating, stupid vid too. Also the black guy lying in the feathers looks like this yt scum so minus points for that.

>even the one with danny brown grunts
Which one?

Nobody who truly loved and was immersed in SILY (which is an aural Lost in Translation to me in terms of vibe and emotion) could possibly love an embarrassingly obvious attempt to grab a mainstream #festival #summer #screwdriveronmypatiowithmyhomies crowd. You might think I'm exaggerating but there's no other reasons to mix the sounds they have with the rapper features they have. People here who are still trying to come off as hopeful are trying to convince themselves.

It's cock mate

It's in the trailer after Subways

not enough crazy layers of samples: they go lazy