/daily/ - "SOME" edition

It's a fine day for animu and chill in my swamp.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested.

Most importantly, dumb cunt once told me Debord was gonna troll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the thread
I was looking kinda dumb when my "review" said "nice drums"
and recs of s/t were the replies

(iunno what to do with the rest of the first verse)

Hey now you're on /daily/, put a trip on, go play
Hey now you'll start rating, get a rym and get taste
And all the shit that we post
Is simply a means for us to grow close

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3jNWzpKL2bQ
mixlr.com/nik-vinter
youtube.com/watch?v=4TBj1DveSng
mediafire.com/download/wm50c965iex40b8/winnermix.zip
mega.nz/#!lBpzEZpA!PD963Zn3nlPbEW1A-__j2Xw8AX7ebxmZJJB25n-8aNA
mega.nz/#F!1M1EmAwS!CgkHn1UND_4TGk3eCmHX8Q
mega.nz/#F!3sJAEKSK!ShLFf6Updp3X1qs8EqBokA
www22.zippyshare.com/v/sUJNl8wX/file.html
mega.nz/#!7clzlDwR!Tq3tD6FVwnbiJQz6RKEXV3UCk1S_65xNMKqny1G_9vc
www102.zippyshare.com/v/5tFQpJl6/file.html
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4029891
mega.co.nz/#!MFQFAJYI!3q7N_79JK_zArLouRop2rJmlkGvFLJ2YyDRgTsC47t0
mega.nz/#F!xIVTCahb!IAOBXuGWH_FjuaimoFdUlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

for the

Get outta my /Daily/!

Thread's off to a great start, guys.

delete this

Are we not men? We are dem boiz!

This is good; the beautiful and subtle nuances you'd expect in minimalist music are there, but they are a little sparse due to the pattern of repetition. Because of this the music can feel slightly like a chore at some times. Good overall though

It's 3am

I'm 5 discs deep into this Onkyo collection.

My vita just died.

I am very tired.

Good night, /daily/.

good night fish man

Boys, oneothe and I are finishing up a meme album we've made. We were in an actual recording studio with analog recording equipment because of connections. Will release tomorrow. Get ready and I hope you enjoy our garbage meme.

>mfw extremely chill day at work
Good thing we did that overtime thing yesterday. More time for me to relaxl with gf today.
Bandcamp release I hope

Good summer music? I'm sick

Le Jardine De Heavenly

Jardin*

Of course
Today I listened to Sergio Mendes's Herb Alpert Presents Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 and it's good short summer music

good morning lads
so the newspaper did write about us, pretty cool

Weekend - La Varieté

also this

/me posts the thing

I cannot understand everything here but what I do understand is excellent. Bravo, hahahahahaha. Will be listening soon.

>Fucking Åmål-Punk
this actually sounds great, didn't know Fucking Åmål was known outside of Sweden

It's very well known in Denmark, Lukas Moodysson is in general.

cool let me know what you think!

thats cool he's p great

I'm listening to Sung Tongs and trying to realise what my overall feelings on Animal Collective are.

When I talk about Animal Collective hear, please note that I'm talking about the band up to 2004, since I'm not experienced with them after that point.

What I'm really thinking is – what is the point of Animal Collective's music? From the albums I have heard from them, I can't discern any objective or aim in their music.
It doesn't seem to strive to be "nice to listen to" (in the way that Kind of Blue is, or a lot of impressionism, or The Beatles). I'm fine with that, since a lot of music I enjoy (noise, drone, death metal) isn't particularly "nice" to listen to. But when a piece of music isn't pleasant to listen to, it redeems itself with interesting experimentation, catharsis or by some other means. Animal Collective, particularly in Sung Tongs because that's what I'm listening to right now, don't seem to have any of these means.

Fair enough, there is some experimentation – "Spirit They've Gone, Spirit They've Vanished" (their best for me) and "Sung Tongs" include short snippets of noise –but the way the band includes these passages makes it seem like an afterthought to please the avant-garde audience or something. They seem much more comfortable with strumming a guitar and playing around with falsetto vocal melodies, which would be fine ... only it isn't when they do it.

No matter how many times I listen to an early Animal Collective album, I struggle to assign some sort of theme or feeling to it, in the way the "In the Court of the Crimson King" is paranoid yet majestic, or "A Love Supreme" is religious and reverent. This is because all of these early Animal Collective albums seem to consist, for the most part, of messing around on a guitar and dribbling vocal melodies atop of it, with the addition of some noise and some long tracks to seem more "experimental".

Perhaps a fan would justify this lack of direction in their albums by saying it is a technique similar to ambient music. In that case, it is sometimes achieved (on the track "Visiting Friends" for example), but always falls down because of how boring it is done –just as ambient music often falls down in the same way. There is a reason "Music For Airports" is more influential than a paulstretched piano chord sequence.

So yeah, I don't really like Animal Collective (up to 2004). I have a feeling I might like "Merriweather Post Pavilion" though, from hearing the track My Girls.

>what is the point of Animal Collective's music?
Being bad.

>strive to be "nice to listen to" (in the way that Kind of Blue is
wew laderino
Did you just imply that KOB has no point outside of being "nice to listen to"?
this sort of triggered me

listen to some black metal to cool yrself down imo
youtube.com/watch?v=3jNWzpKL2bQ

No way man, sorry that it came across that way. KOB is probably the album I have studied the most in terms of theory, so (hopefully) I appreciate it a lot more than just "it's nice to hear"

Oh, ok. I was about to Bon Jovi some building.

>Did you just imply that KOB has no point outside of being "nice to listen to"?
I mean, that's obviously the only thing it does. It's easy listening. It's Kenny G for """music lovers"""

clearing my downloaded backlog woo

qt bune

i like black metal in the sun, feels nice

DON'T

Don't.

LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great

Try listening to Feels / Spirits they've gone, spirits they've vanished / Here comes the indian.

Imo they're very good while the others are pretty bad

ded

I've already listened to Spirit. I will add feels and hcti to my next on the list

Thoughts about Spirits?

Also, what's a good name for a music podcast?

>tfw you don't feel like doing anything

Okay maybe we won't be able to release it tomorrow but sometime this month/year.
>tfw you feel like doing everything
Both of these feels are equally bad desu

>tfw having a first rehearsal tomorrow with a band and I have 6 songs to learn
>I've not even started yet

maybe you should start
what kind of music is it?
what do you play?

this sounds cool btw, looking forward to hear it

first for animal collective are the most consistently good band i've heard yet

Corgis are so bloody fantastic

Some singer/songwriter folk style stuff, local band because I need something to do on the weekends.
And, drums

JUST

Idk, it will be a podcast by different friends of mine. I'll probably be doing an hour per week about experimental rock and stuff. It will be a general music podcast I guess.

I'll be streaming some music in 30 minutes or so if you want to join btw,

Link when it starts?

Does this language seem "academic" enough to you?

nah, most academics consciously don't stack that many big words on top of each other.

mixlr.com/nik-vinter

This is mainly a test because it's the first time I'm doing it. If there's any problem please tell me.

It's tedious, it has no style whatsoever, it's painful to read, it blends both faux-simplifying expressions and specialized jargon, and it makes you wish you were at worst reading anything else, at best dead and buried.
Sounds like it's up to academic standards in every way.

Psych papers seem to.

Sounds about right.

there's a difference between using specialized terms for complex concepts and just using big language in places where it isn't needed

Where isn't it needed here?

>tfw not at Primavera tonight
>tfw not watching Radiohead perform

I better party up real real hard tonight. Any suggestions on how to deal with it?

drugs obviously

Can I replace drugs with a bottle of Cristal or something?

Listen to Pablo Honey

On it now. Hour to go at work, so I have just enough time.My supervisor is literally playing Mario right now on his emulator.

No, you can't

No. Pol Roger is acceptable though.

Looking for some educated and fairly stern feedback on my first track if anyone would care to give it.
soundcloud.com/sloe-josh/jaded-cocoon

Too cheap. Can't be seen drinking that.
D:

I wish they had Sam Adams Utopia bottles around here. That shit is patrsh.

mmm upon closer inspection i guess it isn't as grating as it seemed on first sight, a lot of those words don't have simpler synonyms in English like you would in most other languages. disregard what i said earlier.
why would you desu

Regular drug tests at work.

Then get Dom Perignon.

Acceptable.

I think they were being pretty harsh. It's not like a stylistic novel, it's just an academic paper

>Archie Shepp & Niels Pedersen - Looking at Birds
>jazz

Now this is rainy mood jazz. The kind of of soft and smooth jazz that you put on with some scotch on a rainy late afternoon.

The instrumentation is a little odd and minimum, with only the sax (Archie) and bass (Niels) being used. No drums, no piano, it works supremely though. It's warm and spacious, two masters exploring, playing off each other, and give each other their moment to shine with great solo's. The project as whole ends being a very rewarding experience, I'm sure for both the artists and the listeners.

Good. Pol Roger is still best bang for buck champagne.

What do you mean?

Drinking bubbly wine is also acceptable. I did that all evening yesterday, it was wonderful.

What do YoU mean?

Otomo Yoshihide's body of work is RIDICULOUSLY varied. He's gone from sound collage and creating a new genre (onkyo) to making mainstream television soundtracks. One of the most popular shows in Japan had Yoshihide compose the music, even though he makes crazy underground noise shit too.

There's this recording of yoshihide's talking and playing in a japanese tv show that I can't recommend enough
He plays onkyo, noise on his turntables, free jazz and some of his soundtrack work
I think it is on jpopsuki

Sup Forumstant musician on the headline of WSJ's art section today. wew

I don't understand your comment.

has he ever admitted to being a Sup Forumstant?

Hate this hack.

Literally the Jim O'Rourke of Japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=4TBj1DveSng

I think my favorite band from when I was in high school has finally fucking lost it.

Oh well.

I think so. Not sure, but he definitely promoted his music here a lot.

I don't like it desu

yes bubbly wine is very nice
although wine in general is pretty nice

back home from jam sesh with mark, memes were abound. waiting for him to upload .wavs and audacity files so i can do some post-recording memery. anticipate release tomorrow, hope you guys enjoy our garbage wank

listening to uchu nippon setagaya for my tourney. i think i'm liking it more than i did kuchu camp. it's slotting nicely into my winding-down night drive music category.

Dead - Musical Abortions VS NMH - In The Areoplane Over The Sea

Who would win???????

Musical Abortions obviously

i think areoplane would put up a good fight, just look at the boy on cover he looks so happy but muiscal abortions would win because he's stronger

the mashup album obv

Dead Milk Hotel - In a Musical Over the Abortion

who's here hard ass memer enough to pull that off

you guys knew each other irl or did you do a meetup thingy?

New Steve Gunn album out today. Feels good. He's just gotten more psych-leaning. Possibly at the expense of his laidback-ness. Thoughts to come later.

we know each other irl

ahh that's cool

not as cool as you, lad ;^)

remember this?
procrastinated making her tape long enough but i got around to it eventually

mediafire.com/download/wm50c965iex40b8/winnermix.zip
mostly noise rock here

Mornin' /daily/ !

who /thriftupdate/

uploading rn
btw the cd booklet says theyre 'chapters' not 'songs' ok guys? want to make sure we're on the same page, they're not songs

i kno

Strangers Die Everday - Aperture for Departure

THRIFTSTORETOURNEYUPDATE

~~~~~~~~~ Official Participants (9) ~~~~~~~~~

>Jangle&Bojangle
Woolly Leaves - Quiet Waters
mega.nz/#F!1M1EmAwS!CgkHn1UND_4TGk3eCmHX8Q

>I’M FISH
Forest for the Trees - s/t
mega.nz/#F!3sJAEKSK!ShLFf6Updp3X1qs8EqBokA

>dataplay
Flophouse - s/t
www22.zippyshare.com/v/sUJNl8wX/file.html

>Moregwessor Movenglut
How Do I - Pluto
mega.nz/#!7clzlDwR!Tq3tD6FVwnbiJQz6RKEXV3UCk1S_65xNMKqny1G_9vc

>Thomas
Surface Noise - Molded
www102.zippyshare.com/v/5tFQpJl6/file.html

>Caviar
The Philosopher Kings - Famous, Rich and Beautiful
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4029891

>nyarlathotep
Beulah - when your heartstrings break
mega.co.nz/#!MFQFAJYI!3q7N_79JK_zArLouRop2rJmlkGvFLJ2YyDRgTsC47t0

>∆3 Triangle Cubed
Lou Rawls - You've Made Me So Very Happy
mega.nz/#F!xIVTCahb!IAOBXuGWH_FjuaimoFdUlw

>comet on a bus
Strangers Die Every Day - Aperture for Departure

~~~~~~~~~ Tentative Participants ~~~~~~~~~

>Vinter
Albert Ayler - Love Cry
(new CD from garage/store [no](?)(?)) (???)
(feel free to bully for not knowing the holy ghost of free jazz)

>Mortimer
Distance To Happy Trance - The Energizer
(Mega says 9 hours (yesterday))

>Kanzler
ΟΛΕΘΡΙΟ ΡΗΓΜΑ - Πολέμησε Για Τους Αθώους
(“I'll zippy tomorrow (today)”)

>GIVINGʕ ·ᴥ·ʔBEAR
“I will (post) as soon as my laptop starts picking up signal again”
(1 prayer = 1 signal wave, PRAY HARDER GUYS)

>Darklands
“I'll (still) try and get some shitty 80s compilation”

~~~~~~~~~~ Official Bully List™ ~~~~~~~~~~

>natkingcole
“I FUCKED UP TODAY
ILL HAVE IT TOMORROW (today)”

>co
(started a new job and is ""tired"")

>Kevorkian
“I think I'm out”